Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Clearly. Haven’t you heard? Mikes got them, and Mike gets whoever HE wants from the portal
Agreed, can’t wait for UF job to open this Winter and Jimmy Sexton to finesse Noles to make Norvell highest paid coach in CFB.

Norvell was 9-13 after two years and finessed his way into extension.

He then proceeded to go 3-4 vs top 25 teams in next two years including 0-2 vs top 10 - gets top 5 salary in the sport.

Hope this man sends his agent a gift basket yearly.

Advertisement
The delusion singularity is finally here. It's the end of days.

1712083901943.png

They lost a TON of talent and production. What...20 guys who were major impact dudes, including multiple Day 1 and 2 picks, and a 3 year starter at QB who will 100.0% be replaced by a downgrade.

So they're unquestionably worse at the most important position in sports.

They lost an NFL RB, two NFL WRs, an NFL TE, and several offensive linemen.

They replaced them with mid recruiting classes, and a couple portal kids.

On defense, they lost 2 possible Day 1 linemen, several linebackers, several starters in the secondary. One area they have recruited well is at DB, so they might be OK to plug some holes there. But who is replacing Verse? Who is replacing Fiske? Tatum Bethune led the team in tackles. Gone. Kalen Deloach was 2nd. Gone.

I think Mike is a good coach, and they have some talent. But last year was their chips in the middle of the table year. And it almost worked. They paid Verse to come back, they got some really high level starters out of the portal, they were old and experienced at virtually every spot.

Now they're young and inexperienced, and the kids who are filling holes are from average recruiting classes and "hope and pray" portal kids.

They have the #4 ranked portal class, by the numbers. 15 total kids. Are literally any of these kids solid starters like Coleman, Fiske, Bell, etc? Roydell Williams is a solid player...is he an NFL back? Sean Murphy has done zero at Bama. Malik Benson has done zero. Jalen Brown has done zero.

I just really don't see it. Maybe Norvell proves me wrong, we'll see. But IMO this team will be MILES worse than last year's version.
I agree with this completely. Ultimately, they're replacing their entire offense from last year and most of their defense. Last year's team didn't even have a great two-deep. They were top heavy with their starters and everything below that was questionable/borderline unplayable.

I've always believed that the only way to build longstanding success in CFB is through elite HS recruiting and development. The portal can augment your team or recruiting classes, but it cannot be the cornerstone of team building. I see four losses on their schedule as things currently stand. If they go 7-5, a year after going 12-0, it's going to be pandemonium. If Norvell couldn't land a Top 10 Class after a two year 23-4 run, he never will.

Seriously think about it, where is this false bravado coming from? There’s a reason vegas is projecting them to lose 3 more games than last year. A fall back towards reality is coming and it’s coming fast.

QB: Worse
RB: Worse
WRs: Worse
TE: Worse
OL: Push

DL: Worse
LB: Worse
CB: Better
S: Push

I agree with this completely. Ultimately, they're replacing their entire offense from last year and most of their defense. Last year's team didn't even have a great two-deep. They were top heavy with their starters and everything below that was questionable/borderline unplayable.

I've always believed that the only way to build longstanding success in CFB is through elite HS recruiting and development. The portal can augment your team or recruiting classes, but it cannot be the cornerstone of team building. I see four losses on their schedule as things currently stand. If they go 7-5, a year after going 12-0, it's going to be pandemonium. If Norvell couldn't land a Top 10 Class after a two year 23-4 run, he never will.
You can rely on portal and win every year. You can’t rely on portal and win every year with FSUs budget. They took out a loan for Coleman, Fiske & Verse last year…. This year they’re praying to get 65% of that same production from the cheaper replacements.

If you wanna play the portal game then you must know the stability will always be in question year to year.

Advertisement
FSU went cheap as ****…. Lost Bolden & Blount in closing after the checkered flag got waved. Decided not to sign any proven players (due to no funds) and take players they hope can outshine their paycheck.

Their fans are blinded by two good, lucky & fortunate seasons (which Im not denying you need all 3 to have a great year).

- FSU is 8-2 in one score games last two years.

Anyone who watches ball knows this eventually evens out to around 50% (similar to fumble recoveries).

FSU is sitting about 3/4 wins above expected average last two years. Add two more losses to each season and you got the following:

- 2022: 8-5
- 2023: 11-3

19-8 looks a **** of a lot different than 23-4. Especially considering the lack of talent they’ve accumulated on the trail.

Seriously think about it, where is this false bravado coming from? There’s a reason vegas is projecting them to lose 3 more games than last year. A fall back towards reality is coming and it’s coming fast.

QB: Worse
RB: Worse
WRs: Worse
TE: Worse
OL: Push

DL: Worse
LB: Worse
CB: Better
S: Push
The Noles believe that last season will be repeated automatically and that last season was the beginning of a "dynasty" similar to the period that Bama experienced under Saban. That is really what they believe.

Advertisement
The Noles believe that last season will be repeated automatically and that last season was the beginning of a "dynasty" similar to the period that Bama experienced under Saban. That is really what they believe.
They genuinely believe that. They think they're gonna go on a ten year run against us and the gators. There's gonna be a meltdown over there when they see the product they're getting this year.

I'll also say this. If you listen to their fans, read their boards, even listen to 5 mins of their podcasts three things are apparent:
  1. They believe this year's team will be as good or even better than last year's. I know, this sounds insane, but there's widespread belief that they'll be 11-1 or 12-0.

2. They believe DJU will emerge as an elite CFB QB and best QB in the ACC. Again, it sounds insane, but they genuinely believe it.

3. They believe that Norvell is "building it like Bobby."
We'll have our answer pretty soon on who ends up being right, but it is remarkable to see how much of the Kool Aid they've had.

At least when they were spewing that **** under Jimbo the trail backed up the takes.

Please tell me the last time a coach lost by 60 points in year 4 and built a dynasty. Forget the best dynasty in CFB history. Just any dynasty period.

Norvell has yet to even have ONE HS recruit he signed develop into an NFL talent.

FSUs roster is a 7/8 win roster with an above average X&Os coach who’s got some lucky bounces. Reminds me of TCU. Nothing more.

Advertisement
@Coach Macho told us Hykeem was underwhelming years ago. That WR group over there is definitely significantly behind ours.
Second he signed with FSU I knew he was toast. Dugans was gonna be the one to tap into that hidden potential? 😂

People on their boards are surprised the WRs are struggling to catch? Why Dugans is ***!!

Johnny Wilson’s hands are worse now than when he arrived. Coleman got slower and worse than at MSU.

Advertisement
They are now saying not only is the 24 team better than 23 - but not only will they make the CFP but they will win the whole thing. UGA would have rolled them with Travis. They struggled to beat a UM team by 1 score that didn’t have a QB.

View attachment 285953

He is doing everything in his power to try and create a narrative with the media…

Seen this before on our end, usually doesn’t work out well. 8-4, maybe 9-3 if everything bounces right for them or they pay up big time in the spring portal.
They are going to be so over confident heading to Ireland that they might get upset by Ga Tech!!

View attachment 285953

He is doing everything in his power to try and create a narrative with the media…

Seen this before on our end, usually doesn’t work out well. 8-4, maybe 9-3 if everything bounces right for them or they pay up big time in the spring portal.

Strong and fast does not equal good at football. Loaded quote.

Advertisement
Back