Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

One of the all time greats, for sure.

Remember when they fought off a Miami team, at home, starting a freshman QB, in his second start, that only completed 36% of his passes and were tied deep into the 3rd quarter? And that Miami was driving with a chance to tie at the end?

Remember when they were losing at home to North Alabama deep into the 2nd quarter?

Remember when they needed a facemask penalty to avoid punting to BC with a two point lead at the end of the game?

Remember when the Clemson kicker missed a 35 yard field goal to beat them?

Remember them taking the 5-7 Gators deep into the 4th with a 2 point lead?

Remember Duke leading them in the 4th with a hobbled QB?

Remember the Louisville game that was a 1 score game in the 4th where Louisville couldn't gain over 200 yards and FSU barely gained over 200 yards.

Remember them having the worst bowl loss in the history of college football?

Remember how all the great teams play 70% of their games like absolute dog s***?
The irony is that the ONLY thing people outside FSU will remember is the bowl loss.

Advertisement
The irony is that the ONLY thing people outside FSU will remember is the bowl loss.
fspoo doggie style.JPG

How your starting QB walks says everything. It is known. In general, there is a direct relationship between how fast your starting QB walks/struts and whether your time will be successful. There is such a thing as going too far, though....

Nordic Walking - Too fast and way too Scandinavian. If that's how your QB walks, then your QB is a weirdo. You won't make the playoffs.
Power Walking - On the line and could go either way. You may have an ultra-competitive but generally friendly Peyton Manning type on your hands (in which case, book your conference championship game accommodations now and don't pay extra for the refundable ticket). On the other hand, you may have the sort of sociopathic QB who nobody likes or wants to follow (in that case, your team will underperform while your QB is playing $1K per hole rounds of golf in a team scramble with his roommate, who is also the only guy on campus who can stand him).
Brisk Pace - It's fast, but not too fast. Fast enough to be out front, not so fast that he's leaving everyone behind. The type of pace that says, "hey, hurry up and follow me. We're going to make it!" A winner's pace. Playoff contending QB.
Casual Stroll - This one is tough. The quiet confidence of a casual stroller can be infectious and lift a team. But eventually that lack of urgency and competitive fire will hurt you. A decent bowl game, with maybe an outside chance at the playoffs.
Hurried Pace - Similar in terms of speed to a brisk pace, but the motion is frenetic, nervous, and sometimes desperate. Not terrible, but your making a weak bowl appearance and probably getting shut out by Louisiana Tech.
Easy Pace - Similar speed to the casual stroll, but completely lacking the confidence to inspire others. Walks without an agenda, but also without consideration for the world around him. The walk of a truly middling QB.
Slow Pace - Lacks competitive fire. Lacks athleticism. Lacks drive. In short, a program killer who'll get his HC fired.

Sounds like Brock Glenn walks like a QB who could really be a problem. Watch out Canes fans!
But when I think of walking I think ny speed and Cali slow/casual. But NY doesn’t produce **** at qb, while Cali produces tons. So to me if you’re a fast walker you’re you’re not going to be successful. And Texas produces lots of QBs and you can’t walk anywhere in Texas, so don’t think they walk with peace either…. Give me casual/easy/slow walkers any day.

FSU with a cup to remind fans to keep drinking the kool-aid.

When they slide back to mediocrity, they'll have that cup to lift their spirits. Special.
It's as embarrassing as UCF saying they were national champions.

I think with Norvell they will be a consistent 8-9 win team, with the occasional double-digit win season when the portal additions go well. For this year, I think they'll take a decent step back.

People underestimate how much Travis elevated that offense, and how many issues he covered up. They also lost like 90% of 2023's offensive production. They brought in talented guys in the portal, but other than Roydell Williams, none of them really broke the rotation at prior schools. DJU is also a major step down at QB. To give some perspective here, 2021 freshman TVD had better stats that DJU has ever had as a CFB QB. In fact, even last year TVD beat him out in a bunch of statistical categories. The only reason the FSU people went for him is because they did not have the $$$ to compete for the higher level transfer QBs.

Also, it's just my view that you cannot be a consistently elite program without elite HS recruiting. They've underwhelmed in HS recruiting every year under Norvell, and his reliance on the portal is going to become an even bigger negative recruiting talking point for the HS guys.

Advertisement
It's as embarrassing as UCF saying they were national champions.

I think with Norvell they will be a consistent 8-9 win team, with the occasional double-digit win season when the portal additions go well. For this year, I think they'll take a decent step back.

People underestimate how much Travis elevated that offense, and how many issues he covered up. They also lost like 90% of 2023's offensive production. They brought in talented guys in the portal, but other than Roydell Williams, none of them really broke the rotation at prior schools. DJU is also a major step down at QB. To give some perspective here, 2021 freshman TVD had better stats that DJU has ever had as a CFB QB. In fact, even last year TVD beat him out in a bunch of statistical categories. The only reason the FSU people went for him is because they did not have the $$$ to compete for the higher level transfer QBs.

Also, it's just my view that you cannot be a consistently elite program without elite HS recruiting. They've underwhelmed in HS recruiting every year under Norvell, and his reliance on the portal is going to become an even bigger negative recruiting talking point for the HS guys.
I agree 100%. The FSU Podcasters and fans think Norvell is a QB whisperer. They've actually said it multiple times to the point it gets recycled around the internet.

I always post, "If Norvell is such a great developer of QBs, Show me 1 QB in his 4-year FSU tenure that he recruited and developed." The answer is NONE.

The truth is Norvell has very few players he can point to that he recruited from high school and developed into anything. We saw the guys he recruited get smashed in the Orange Bowl 63-3. The guys from the transfer portal sat out.

This is the last year of the Covid extended players, which means there will be a lot less veteran talent available in the portal.

The portal is a blessing and a curse. When you rely heavily on the portal for production, you reduce the number of high school recruits in your classes. You can't get out of the cycle of heavy portal acquisitions. I saw a statistic about CFP teams and champions. I can't remember the numbers, but all the teams had a low portal acquisition rate.

The bottom line is that winning games from heavy portal production is not sustainable.

Even Norvell's best high school recruiting class of 2024 looks like a "Manny" class. He has some good skilled players that prop up his overall team recruiting ranking, but when you look closely, their trenches are weak.

Ironically, Ohio State is in the same boat. OSU had 1 4-star OL and 2 4-star DL in their 2024 class. We took Scott, Lightfoot, and even transfer Marley Cook from them. It should be no surprise OSU has been losing to Michigan despite superior offensive talent. They are getting whipped in the trenches.

The same goes for FSU. Weak trench recruiting relying on a majority portal transfers as starters. This year, Norvell has a bunch of unproven portal transfers. It could be boom or bust. Not all of his unproven transfers are going to boom. FSU's best case is 9-3. They could go 7-5. I wouldn't be surprised if GT upsets them in game 1 this year. It may take a while for a bunch of inexperienced players to gel. The truth is the FSU trenches won't be better than GT's or most of the ACC.

I think we boom them at Hard Rock this year. I really think our offense is going to average 42-45 points per game behind Cam Ward. That's going to force FSU to throw the ball more than they want to. Our DL is going eat against their OL.

Last edited:
I agree 100%. The FSU Podcasters and fans think Norvell is a QB whisperer. They've actually said it multiple times to the point it gets recycled around the internet.

I always post, "If Norvell is such a great developer of QBs, Show me 1 QB in his 4-year FSU tenure that he recruited and developed." The answer is NONE.

The truth is Norvell has very few players he can point to that he developed into anything. We saw the guys he recruited get smashed in the Orange Bowl 63-3. The guys from the transfer portal sat out.

This is the last year of the Covid extended players, which means there will be a lot less veteran talent available in the portal.

The portal is a blessing and a curse. When you rely heavily on the portal for production, you reduce the number of high school recruits in your classes. You can't get out of the cycle of hea y portal acquisitions. I saw a statistic about CFP teams and champions. I can't remember the numbers, but all the teams had a low portal acquisition rate.

The bottom line is that winning games from heavy portal production is not sustainable.

Even Norvell's best high school recruiting class if 2024 looks like a "Manny" class. He has some good skilled players that prop up his overall team recruiting ranking, when you look closely, their trenches are weak.

Ironically, Ohio State is in the same boat. OSU had 1 4-star OL and 2 4-star DL in their 2024 class. We took Scott, Lightfoot, and even transfer Marley Cook from them. It should be no surprise OSU has been posting to Michigan despite superior offensive talent. They are getting whipped in the trenches.

The same goes for FSU. Weak trench recruiting relying on a majority portal transfers as starters. This year, Norvell has a bunch of unproven portal transfers. It could be boom or bust. Niot all of his unproven transfers are going to boom. FSU best case is 9-3. They could go 7-5. I wouldn't be surprised if GT upsets them in game 1 this year. It may take a while for a bunch of inexperienced players to gel. The truth is the FSU trenches won't be better than GT's or most of the ACC.

I think we boom them at Hard Rock this year. I really think our offense is going to average 42-45 points per game behind Cam Ward. That's going to force FSU to throw the ball more than they want to. Our DL is going eat against their OL.
I completely agree. I'll also say that I think that GT matchup is a massive trap game for them.

It takes a new offense time to gel. Haynes King is a good QB, and GT is bringing back near 85% of last year's offensive production. FSU is ranked 83rd in returning production, whereas GT is 46th. For context, we're at 45th in returning production.

View attachment 285573

Returning guys + Benson (13 rec, 162 yds, 1 TD) and Brown (0,0,0)
View attachment 285574

We have one guy that's better than all of theirs combined.
View attachment 285577

Yeah, this is the same **** that F$U pulls every year.

They try to convince us that they have more INHERENT TALENT. Why? Because they said so.

Obviously, all of that "TALENT" has not actually PRODUCED at the level of Xavier Restrepo, but, hey, F$U has "TALENT". Right? RIGHT?

And, look, the dead giveaway is the F$U fans claiming that they have the most "TALENTED" wide receivers IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Not just "state of Florida". Not just "Southeast". NOPE. They are better than EVERYONE ELSE in college football.

Seriously. Even if we "granted them" a best-in-Florida status, how can they possibly argue that they are better than every other team in the Big 10 and SEC? It's just insane.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 285573

Returning guys + Benson (13 rec, 162 yds, 1 TD) and Brown (0,0,0)
View attachment 285574

We have one guy that's better than all of theirs combined.
View attachment 285577
Thst FSU poster is delusional. They have little to no returning production at WR. Forget the OSU comparison. Our 2023 and 2024 WR recruiting classes are better than theirs. They have 2 blue chip high school recruited players in the past 2 years in 5-star Hakeem Williams in 2023 and 4-star Lawayne McCoy in 2024.

All 5 of Miami’s WRs in the 2023 and 2024 classes are blue chip recruits. 4-stars Robby and Ray Ray in 2023. 4-stars JoJo Trader Ny Carr, and Chance Robinson in 2024.

Once again, prison Mike relies heavily on the transfer portal as he doesn't get enough blue chip high school talent.

They have a bunch of transfer WRs, but just 1 of them has any college production.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bump... Getting to low on the board

I'll start, Seems like this is the year the miss on a lot of the evals in the portal

Advertisement
FSU goes 8-4 this year and by November their board will have posts that they wish Norvell would’ve went to Bama so they could have gotten DeBoer because he has a higher ceiling.

I’ll bump this when it happens.
Real chaos ensues when someone suggested Norvell going to Bama and coach prime coming home.

My FSU friends that are pretty informed on their program seem genuinely concerned about QB. DJU isn’t clearly separating himself.

Travis did wonders for that offense last year. That offense fell off a cliff when he went out. I expect them to take a pretty big step back this year.

My FSU friends that are pretty informed on their program seem genuinely concerned about QB. DJU isn’t clearly separating himself.

Travis did wonders for that offense last year. That offense fell off a cliff when he went out. I expect them to take a pretty big step back this year.

Shut your flipping ignorant mouth...they WANTED DJU more than Cam...don't you know ANYTHING?!?!?

Advertisement
Back