Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
My FSU friends that are pretty informed on their program seem genuinely concerned about QB. DJU isn’t clearly separating himself.

Travis did wonders for that offense last year. That offense fell off a cliff when he went out. I expect them to take a pretty big step back this year.
Agreed. I am keeping an eye on DJU.

My FSU friends that are pretty informed on their program seem genuinely concerned about QB. DJU isn’t clearly separating himself.

Travis did wonders for that offense last year. That offense fell off a cliff when he went out. I expect them to take a pretty big step back this year.

I’m shocked the QB whisperer can’t take a QB who has never been good and wave a wand turning him into a Heisman candidate.

Advertisement
Remember when he was a DL whisperer? He whispered sweet nothings into Reuben bains ears while giving him a sensual shoulder rub
Why are we limiting him to one position? Isn’t he the transfer whisperer? Able to identify talent in all those portal guys that nobody else is after

No surprise here. They got a bunch of fast guys with no production because they can't catch.

1712072699557.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
No surprise here. They got a bunch of fast guys with no production because they can't catch.

View attachment 285912
Wasn't that the write up on Jalen Brown coming out of HS. Tons of speed but struggles to do the thing you have to do as a WR which is consistently catch the ball. Then Hykeem I believe was described as someone with talent but lacked physicality.

Wasn't that the write up on Jalen Brown coming out of HS. Tons of speed but struggles to do the thing you have to do as a WR which is consistently catch the ball. Then Hykeem I believe was described as someone with talent but lacked physicality.
Not having an accurate quarterback compounds those problems. Contested catches and finding the ball when it's not in the ideal place are what separates good receivers from receivers with potential.

Advertisement
Lack of physicality does not bode well for the inevitable switch to safety that will soon come for Hykeem "Ermon Lane II" Williams.

The more I hear/read about their spring, the more inclined I am to move their baseline to 7-5/8-4. It sounds more and more like a big step back could turn into a huge one.

They lost a TON of talent and production. What...20 guys who were major impact dudes, including multiple Day 1 and 2 picks, and a 3 year starter at QB who will 100.0% be replaced by a downgrade.

So they're unquestionably worse at the most important position in sports.

They lost an NFL RB, two NFL WRs, an NFL TE, and several offensive linemen.

They replaced them with mid recruiting classes, and a couple portal kids.

On defense, they lost 2 possible Day 1 linemen, several linebackers, several starters in the secondary. One area they have recruited well is at DB, so they might be OK to plug some holes there. But who is replacing Verse? Who is replacing Fiske? Tatum Bethune led the team in tackles. Gone. Kalen Deloach was 2nd. Gone.

I think Mike is a good coach, and they have some talent. But last year was their chips in the middle of the table year. And it almost worked. They paid Verse to come back, they got some really high level starters out of the portal, they were old and experienced at virtually every spot.

Now they're young and inexperienced, and the kids who are filling holes are from average recruiting classes and "hope and pray" portal kids.

They have the #4 ranked portal class, by the numbers. 15 total kids. Are literally any of these kids solid starters like Coleman, Fiske, Bell, etc? Roydell Williams is a solid player...is he an NFL back? Sean Murphy has done zero at Bama. Malik Benson has done zero. Jalen Brown has done zero.

I just really don't see it. Maybe Norvell proves me wrong, we'll see. But IMO this team will be MILES worse than last year's version.

Advertisement
Back