Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Whatever makes you feel better I guess.

Screenshot_20231214-193236_Brave.png

The “Mario can’t coach” crap from FSU is always funny. Is he a great game day coach? No. Is Norvell? I mean if you actually watch games, Norvell trotted out FSU literally every game of that weak schedule with triple the amount of talent and yet almost always was in a fight. He had so many head scratching moments but was luckily playing the crappiest schedule of all time. Hes also in his 4th year at FSU with a guy graduating as a doctor at QB. Both Mario and even Napier have had better first 2 seasons than Norvell did at FSU. And that’s not even counting the 3 guarantee losses they dipped out on claiming Covid. We rolled in with a guy who had just been at his high school senior prom against the greatest team ever (if you ask them) and we lost by 7 with the worst non safety call ever.

Those rednecks can claim all they want about Mario not being able to coach but I’d be very careful considering who they got and what they are about to lose.
When he loses next year this thread will go wild 😂 theyre going to lose their **** . He can’t recruit and the reality now everyone is going to competition in the portal .

Sir, this is one area where we have to agree to disagree. Lyrics may have been objectionable, but I spent many a fraternity party at UM enjoying the dulcet tones of Uncle Luke and the Crew.

Throw the 'D'
Move Somethin'
Me So Horny
Put Her in the Buck
C'mon Babe
The **** Shop
If You Believe in Having ***

All-time classics...
Miami bass was never about lyrics. It’s 100% about getting chicks to shake their asses. That’s the only thing you grade it on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
eh the music was meh, but it paved the way for their greatest contributions with the wins in federal court. luke [sky]walked so akinyele could run.
What Luke did with Banned in the USA is to be applauded. But compared to contemporaries like;
Public Enemy, NWA, Eric B and Rakim, EPMD, Run DMC???
I can’t put 2 Live Crew in the same category as rappers. There raps were simplistic at best.
Chuck D was calling out the CIA and FBI for allowing the murders of Martin and Malcolm. He was calling on Margaret Thatcher to engage in the release of Nelson Mandela.
Rakim was literally revolutionizing rap by being the first rapper to rap faster than the beat, which caused PE to create Rebel Without a Pause.
NWA was creating some of the greatest social commentary of all time.

And 2 live Crew was telling us, ‘Me So Horny”
Sorry but the gulf between the great contemporaries and 2 Live Crew was as big as the Grand Canyon.

You can make the argument that 2 Live Crew was like the beginning of Trap Music with their catchy beats, easy subjects and wild videos. But let’s keep them in their lane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What Luke did with Banned in the USA is to be applauded. But compared to contemporaries like;
Public Enemy, NWA, Eric B and Rakim, EPMD, Run DMC???
I can’t put 2 Live Crew in the same category as rappers. There raps were simplistic at best.
Chuck D was calling out the CIA and FBI for allowing the murders of Martin and Malcolm. He was calling on Margaret Thatcher to engage in the release of Nelson Mandela.
Rakim was literally revolutionizing rap by being the first rapper to rap faster than the beat, which caused PE to create Rebel Without a Pause.
NWA was creating some of the greatest social commentary of all time.

And 2 live Crew was telling us, ‘Me So Horny”
Sorry but the gulf between the great contemporaries and 2 Live Crew was as big as the Grand Canyon.

You can make the argument that 2 Live Crew was like the beginning of Trap Music with their catchy beats, easy subjects and wild videos. But let’s keep them in their lane.

Completely agree with you on lyrics and the overall impact of those other rappers and groups.

But 2Live was fun. In Miami. I'll always have fondness for that time and those songs.

Completely agree with you on lyrics and the overall impact of those other rappers and groups.

But 2Live was fun. In Miami. I'll always have fondness for that time and those songs.
They were a lot of fun, and important for rap and music in general because they took music to a place it had never been. Literally no rapper/musician was saying anything similar to 2 Live Crew before them.
So whereas I didn’t enjoy their music from the standpoint of lyrics, I think it would be very wrong to discount their legal impact. Luke literally was the one of the faces of the fight against music censorship, along with Ozzy and Dee Snyder. These people fought against the US Congress for their 1st Amendment rights. Which is pretty da*n awesome.

Advertisement
Back