Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Uh Oh What GIF by Snowfall

Advertisement
Building your roster primarily from the portal is not sustainable. I’ve been clear on this. It’s like FA in the NFL. You need to recruit and develop your guys then fill 6-8 spots a year for depth , front line guys you’ve missed on or got hurt. Once again FSU will have an insane drop off next year. A lot of stuff had to work for them including Travis turning into a stud in year five.

Advertisement
I think Norvwll is a good coach and an even better OC but he’s had a lot of breaks and players hit big that he in no way could envision. We’ll find out in the next two years if he’s as good as this year or more just pretty good.

Wholeheartedly agree. I’ve been saying on here though that he better start recruiting because you can’t rely on hitting like he did with the portal year in year out. Too many teams shopping around. Too many variables. You still need your recruits and the portal as additions to supplement misses in recruiting or kids leaving unexpectedly. Not your sole method of roster building as you mentioned.

It did parlay to on field success helping with this years class, but they really aren’t recruiting well where it counts. Their lines are weak IMO. They’ll have something like 17 WRs on next years roster if their class holds together as is.

He needs to invest in better recruiters on staff. I think he’s weak himself in that area. Pretty much the polar opposite of Mario where he needs coordinators to lean on for X’s and O’s. Norvell needs to lean on recruiters.

Advertisement
Bruh if they forfeit lol, it’s because they don’t want to get exposed by UGA. They do not want a loss at the end of the season. I doubt it’s that but imagine recruiting kids saying we forfeited? It won’t be because they didn’t make the playoffs it’s because Mike doesn’t want to get exposed. If that were to happen which I doubt. Don’t think it’s that though but would be funny asf.
UGA is ****ed as well. If they're having the same level of butthurt, I'll need a bigger drink to wash down that popcorn.

Building your roster primarily from the portal is not sustainable. I’ve been clear on this. It’s like FA in the NFL. You need to recruit and develop your guys then fill 6-8 spots a year for depth , front line guys you’ve missed on or got hurt. Once again FSU will have an insane drop off next year. A lot of stuff had to work for them including Travis turning into a stud in year five.

And, until Travis's leg was shattered, an impressive lack of injuries...

FSU finishing the season undefeated and missing the playoffs brings more laughs than if FSU had lost to Louisville in the acc championship game and missed the playoffs. I would never root for FSU to win a game but it would be especially hilarious if they somehow managed to beat UGA, because then the tears would be extra delicious.
I was mocked for saying this before thr game, now we are all feasting for days on tears. It’s like thanksgiving, feeds you more than a vegas buffet

Advertisement

And the best part is that even though it all came together the best that it possibly could, they still missed the playoffs. :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Wholeheartedly agree. I’ve been saying on here though that he better start recruiting because you can’t rely on hitting like he did with the portal year in year out. Too many teams shopping around. Too many variables. You still need your recruits and the portal as additions to supplement misses in recruiting or kids leaving unexpectedly. Not your sole method of roster building as you mentioned.

Another aspect of this is that by relying on portal guys, you're depending on kids who have already quit on someone else. Like you said, it worked out this time, and not every kid in the portal is a bad apple, but it is quite the risk.

Advertisement
Back