Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Advertisement
A6D015E4-B4A2-42BE-A9A7-E844AE41EA1B.jpeg
74529BDA-180A-4143-952B-B7125CFF8D6D.jpeg

Norvell’s strategy reminds me of Manny’s tenure here. Yeah he was able to slap together a couple winning seasons leaning heavily on transfers but after a while all those roster holes got harder and harder to plug with transfers. You have to be able to build a roster with mostly high school recruits. Good transfers are one year rentals. Maybe two years if you’re lucky. You’re constantly trying to plug holes in your roster with guys who aren’t going to be around more than a year. It’s unsustainable.

Norvell’s strategy reminds me of Manny’s tenure here. Yeah he was able to slap together a couple winning seasons leaning heavily on transfers but after a while all those roster holes got harder and harder to plug with transfers. You have to be able to build a roster with mostly high school recruits. Good transfers are one year rentals. Maybe two years if you’re lucky. You’re constantly trying to plug holes in your roster with guys who aren’t going to be around more than a year. It’s unsustainable.

Nice comparison.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s gotta be concerning that after the season they had they can’t even get close to ufag or us
Mario and Napier have the benefit of the doubt because its year 1. Norvell may have had a decent year but before that he had back to back losing seasons. That and their NIL appeared to be in shambles earlier in the cycle. If Norvell has another good season, I expect their recruiting to get much better. At the same time if we or UF stumble again next year, expect stumbles on the trail.

Advertisement
Back