Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
No game this week so FSU is likely ranked next week.

Pain.
Oregon, PSU, Texas (going to lose), Cincy all ahead of FSU with more votes...UCF only a few votes behind FSU

Houston, Texas, Pitt, UK, Baylor the ranked teams likely losing in week 2...

Sadly you are right they are likely ranked heading into Week 3

We need UCF to handle Louisville so 1. They jump FSU in event its a race to being ranked 25 and 2. Louisville is focused/deteremned to turn season around for ACC play and have best practice of week to face FSU at home Fri night

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a toss sweep instead of running clock and kicking a game ending field goal.

FGs can get blocked. Just like XPs can, which happened to LSU about 20 mins later. The toss sweep is questionable for sure, but not trying to score. LSU had timeouts left.

I thought the real poor decision was not kicking the FG after the first muff earlier in the game. The analytics said pretty strongly to go for it, but they don’t take into account how poorly LSU’s offense looked. I’d have taken a 10 point lead there. And if he did, the fumble wouldn’t have mattered.

FGs can get blocked. Just like XPs can, which happened to LSU about 20 mins later. The toss sweep is questionable for sure, but not trying to score. LSU had timeouts left.

I thought the real poor decision was not kicking the FG after the first muff earlier in the game. The analytics said pretty strongly to go for it, but they don’t take into account how poorly LSU’s offense looked. I’d have taken a 10 point lead there. And if he did, the fumble wouldn’t have mattered.
Makes sense. Appreciate the insight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When did people start pretending that LSU had no talent?
Yea. They are pretty loaded. Problem is people have the attention span of a gnat and think that LSU is still the 2019 Burrow, Chase, Jefferson level. They seem to have a team culture issue going on, not a talent issue. Evidenced by how Kayshon Boutte was acting during and post game.

At times you could easily see LSU had superior talent. But for long stretches they seem disinterested, not focuses, and certain units seemed completely lost.

Their OL was really average. They all just seemed big and clunky and just reaching for everything. We talked about it in the game thread a bit if they would have went tempo and made the game move faster they probably end up winning that game by 2 TD's. LSU will be fine but they are def 1-2 more years away barring they crush recruiting and the portal this year. Kelly is good. I think he still ends up being a perennial 10-2 type there.

Lsu only has talent at receiver and DL. Their backs are average at best, their OL is horrific, Daniels is one reason and go, backers seem athletic but that’s it, dbs took a step back after losing their coach and some transfers and their culture is rotten. Not to mention their kicker is a redshirt freshman first year starter who had two blocked already so he’s rattled, Their punter shanked one bad during the game and their punt returner dropped one and wasn’t benched so clearly he might be their “best” option. Not to discount their obvious culture issues

Advertisement
When did people forget that LSU went 6-7 last year and 5-5 the year before?

You’d think as Miami fans we wouldn’t be shocked seeing the more talented team lose.
True, but we will always have "The Shoe Game" in that 5-5 year. Should have posted this in Gator Tears.

Lsu only has talent at receiver and DL. Their backs are average at best, their OL is horrific, Daniels is one reason and go, backers seem athletic but that’s it, dbs took a step back after losing their coach and some transfers and their culture is rotten. Not to mention their kicker is a redshirt freshman first year starter who had two blocked already so he’s rattled, Their punter shanked one bad during the game and their punt returner dropped one and wasn’t benched so clearly he might be their “best” option. Not to discount their obvious culture issues
Can't believe LSU was so pedestrian at RB. Their DB's looked clueless. Special teams a joke

Advertisement
How do you not take three knees and kick a 15 yard field goal?
I'm no Norvell apologist - but ask Manny Diaz how trusting the 18 year old soccer player to win a game worked out against Virginia last year. If you have the opportunity, score. Make them score a td, get an onside kick, score another td - all in 55 seconds.

The actual play call was terrible, sure, but going for the td was not the worst thing he did all night.

Can you elaborate? I wasn’t aware of this.
Started to pout cuz he wasn't getting the ball much towards the beginning of the game. Was thrown a seam towards the goal line that he gave up on the route and the ball was there for a TD. He was getting ****y on the sidelines and Daniels was trying to talk to him and you could just tell he was not trying to hear it.

Then post game... https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/l...-all-mentions-of-lsu-from-his-instagram-page/

Could mean nothing but just a weird things to do.

Advertisement
Back