Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

He’s never recruited well and he won’t recruit well. Ever. Napier is a totally different beast than Norvell.

I don’t like to repeat myself, unless I forget that I said it before in which I case I will definitely repeat myself, but Norvell is the fastest guy at a strength competition.

Yup. Nobody should even be thinking or talking about FSU. Their ceiling is so low with Norvell. He literally has zero chance of winning anything significant unless he shakes up that staff in a major way, and even then it's probably not enough. I've said this 500X in this thread, but he's a pretty good football coach, so they'll probably be a pretty good football team going forward. But when you recruit the way that he does, you can be the best coach in the history of the game, you're not breaking into the upper echelon of the sport. Their absolute ceiling with Norvell, at any point in the future barring a major shift in recruiting skill and philosophy via a totally new staff, is about 9-3. They have literally zero chance to compete for a national championship with him. The longer he's there, the better for us. It's why I've been saying 7-5ish is the best possible outcome for us. It keeps him firmly entrenched as the head coach, but gives them no additional recruiting momentum. They'll finish with a class around 20th, again, and continue to live in complete mediocrity.

Advertisement

Sad America GIF

Advertisement
Yup. Nobody should even be thinking or talking about FSU. Their ceiling is so low with Norvell. He literally has zero chance of winning anything significant unless he shakes up that staff in a major way, and even then it's probably not enough. I've said this 500X in this thread, but he's a pretty good football coach, so they'll probably be a pretty good football team going forward. But when you recruit the way that he does, you can be the best coach in the history of the game, you're not breaking into the upper echelon of the sport. Their absolute ceiling with Norvell, at any point in the future barring a major shift in recruiting skill and philosophy via a totally new staff, is about 9-3. They have literally zero chance to compete for a national championship with him. The longer he's there, the better for us. It's why I've been saying 7-5ish is the best possible outcome for us. It keeps him firmly entrenched as the head coach, but gives them no additional recruiting momentum. They'll finish with a class around 20th, again, and continue to live in complete mediocrity.
A coach either "has it" when it comes to recruiting, or they don't. Norvell is not an elite recruiter at FSU and has never been an elite recruiter at any point in his career. Completely agree with your analysis. I believe FSU ends up at 6-6/7-5 to end the year (losses to Wake, NC State, Clemson, Miami, and UF; could also see them blowing a game to Syracuse or BC).

The bowl eligibility will be enough to get him another year, but the recruiting will be subpar and keep them capped. 8-4/9-3 will be the absolute ceiling with Norvell. They'll be well-coached enough to be average, but they won't beat above-average teams. If they blow it at Louisville next week (they looked terrible against Syracuse), they're probably looking at another 4-5 win season.

Advertisement
Tough loss for this kid to have a season ending injury so early on. Their OL was already thin.

FWIW he didn't play against LSU and their OL looked somewhat competent. He got hurt in the Duquesne game. But yes, that's 2 projected starters already out for the season.

A coach either "has it" when it comes to recruiting, or they don't. Norvell is not an elite recruiter at FSU and has never been an elite recruiter at any point in his career. Completely agree with your analysis. I believe FSU ends up at 6-6/7-5 to end the year (losses to Wake, NC State, Clemson, Miami, and UF; could also see them blowing a game to Syracuse or BC).

The bowl eligibility will be enough to get him another year, but the recruiting will be subpar and keep them capped. 8-4/9-3 will be the absolute ceiling with Norvell. They'll be well-coached enough to be average, but they won't beat above-average teams. If they blow it at Louisville next week (they looked terrible against Syracuse), they're probably looking at another 4-5 win season.
this is exactly the degree of mediocre "success" that we want in order to keep Norvell right where he is.

And that is why the noles are fvcked with norvell, he’s a good offensive mind and all but he ain’t cut out for big boy crootin..
Exactly
He should have stayed g5 where he could have put schemed them
To be elite
It’s about talent acquisition first second and third

Advertisement
Only fans with jag recruiters on staff
Keep pointing at record
It’s like us before Mario
We can lose four games it’s not changing the class we have it’s about those relationships. There are so many examples of this I never understand the whole if we win they will come crowd. When that myth has been debunked all the time with actual proof.

We can lose four games it’s not changing the class we have it’s about those relationships. There are so many examples of this I never understand the whole if we win they will come crowd. When that myth has been debunked all the time with actual proof.
It’s all a defense mechanism
They know deep inside it ain’t true

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back