Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
I didnt watch the whole FSU game but I saw enough to know that Travis should stick to what works and thats dink, dunk and run. Those windows vs his 1's will be much different with the LSU D'line give you 1.37 seconds (since FSU loves drop back times). I think they are better...but its so minimal it wont be noticed much. Maybe instead of needing a no call to beat Syracuse they beat them outright this year by 10. They might sneak up to 7 wins. But the question is who Qb's this team next year...because Rodemaker isnt it.
Jordan Travis is a junior...so he has another year left!

I'm pretty confident that Travis will take a beating and he will give up on the game. Expect fumbles and LSU to win the TO battle. May be low scoring but I think LSU gets them by 10+

I'm pretty confident that Travis will take a beating and he will give up on the game. Expect fumbles and LSU to win the TO battle. May be low scoring but I think LSU gets them by 10+
I’m thinking Travis might retire after this LSU game. After getting hit by Maason Smith 15 times he’ll reevaluate his life choices that brought him to FSU.

I’m thinking Travis might retire after this LSU game. After getting hit by Maason Smith 15 times he’ll reevaluate his life choices that brought him to FSU.
travis has the absolute worst body language I have ever seen from a division one athlete. He always looks sad and injured. I think that LSU D line will pound him if they can put fsu in throwing situations.

I happen to think Norvell is a pretty decent game day coach. He knows they need to run run run run run run run play action run run run or else Travis ends up dead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't believe how they throw caution to the wind and just pumping the base up. It is going to be an epic post-game video where they talk about all the signs are there that they have turned it around, there was just a few missed opportunities.

Advertisement
I can't believe how they throw caution to the wind and just pumping the base up. It is going to be an epic post-game video where they talk about all the signs are there that they have turned it around, there was just a few missed opportunities.

Death, Taxes, and the moral victory article after losing to a better team from whorechant

It’s always “a few missed opportunities.” Incoming hits from them:

“Yes, Travis threw three int’s, but only one of those was aCtUaLlY his fault.”

“OL just had a bad day. LSU has an eLiTe defense. If we oNlY gave up three sacks against them, we’re set for the rest of the season.”

“Our RB’s we’re a few broken tackles away from having a great night.”

“The refs screwed us! No way we deserved 80 yds of penalties!”

“LSU is a dark horse CFP team. Brian Kelly is an elite coach. If we show the fight we gave against them the rest of the year, we’ll win 9 games.”

“We’re still gonna beat Miami. Travis is going to be elite by then.”

I happen to think Norvell is a pretty decent game day coach. He knows they need to run run run run run run run play action run run run or else Travis ends up dead.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I just want to know how anybody arrives at this conclusion.

Prison Mike certainly hasn't earned that reputation at F$U. He's gone 3-6 and 5-7 at F$U. During the COVID year, his "signature" win was a 3-point victory over what turned out to be a mediocre North Carolina team. But his only other victories that year wree over Jacksonville State and Duke.

In his second year at F$U, he managed a shocking loss to Jacksonville State before turning things around with big wins over Syracuse, UMass, and Boston College. So, like, he owns New England. Yes, he also beat North Carolina and Miami last year to round out his massive five wins, but we all know the Miami win was due to a fluke 4th down conversion, not any kind of special game day coaching.

And then you look at his run at ALREADY-SUCCESSFUL Memphis after Fuente took a bigger job. I mean, I guess he beat Houston in his first year. And UCLA in his second year. His 4th year was very solid by all accounts, high marks for his coaching that year, with only one loss (by 2 points) during the regular season (he did not coach the bowl game).

Now, I admit that I haven't followed every little detail of Norvell's career, but can anyone tell me how 3 good years at Memphis, and one great year at Memphis, support the assessment that Norvell is a pretty decent game day coach? I know I've seen his body of work more frequently in the last 2 years, but I'm definitely not seeing some great gameday coach in action.

Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement

“OL just had a bad day. LSU has an eLiTe defense. If we oNlY gave up three sacks against them, we’re set for the rest of the season.”

“LSU is a dark horse CFP team. Brian Kelly is an elite coach. If we show the fight we gave against them the rest of the year, we’ll win 9 games.”

Scary how accurate this is/will prove to be

This is so spot on.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I just want to know how anybody arrives at this conclusion.

Prison Mike certainly hasn't earned that reputation at F$U. He's gone 3-6 and 5-7 at F$U. During the COVID year, his "signature" win was a 3-point victory over what turned out to be a mediocre North Carolina team. But his only other victories that year wree over Jacksonville State and Duke.

In his second year at F$U, he managed a shocking loss to Jacksonville State before turning things around with big wins over Syracuse, UMass, and Boston College. So, like, he owns New England. Yes, he also beat North Carolina and Miami last year to round out his massive five wins, but we all know the Miami win was due to a fluke 4th down conversion, not any kind of special game day coaching.

And then you look at his run at ALREADY-SUCCESSFUL Memphis after Fuente took a bigger job. I mean, I guess he beat Houston in his first year. And UCLA in his second year. His 4th year was very solid by all accounts, high marks for his coaching that year, with only one loss (by 2 points) during the regular season (he did not coach the bowl game).

Now, I admit that I haven't followed every little detail of Norvell's career, but can anyone tell me how 3 good years at Memphis, and one great year at Memphis, support the assessment that Norvell is a pretty decent game day coach? I know I've seen his body of work more frequently in the last 2 years, but I'm definitely not seeing some great gameday coach in action.

Just my 2 cents.
Please don’t back me into a corner and have to defend the guy….

Norvell did well at Memphis, specifically offensively which is his area of focus.

He doesn’t recruit well. Without players he will never win.

But you have to consider that when he came to FSU he inherited classes with zero qb commits. Zero WRs. Willie was signing 11 DBs every season. The roster was way out of balance.

He had to use the portal to try to fill out a roster. He had to convince talented guys to come finish their careers at a dumpster fire of a program.

He is a flawed coach and I want him at fsu forever, but he does understand clock management and he does call a decent offense. That’s pretty much a decent game day coach IMO.

Please don’t back me into a corner and have to defend the guy….

Norvell did well at Memphis, specifically offensively which is his area of focus.

He doesn’t recruit well. Without players he will never win.

But you have to consider that when he came to FSU he inherited classes with zero qb commits. Zero WRs. Willie was signing 11 DBs every season. The roster was way out of balance.

He had to use the portal to try to fill out a roster. He had to convince talented guys to come finish their careers at a dumpster fire of a program.

He is a flawed coach and I want him at fsu forever, but he does understand clock management and he does call a decent offense. That’s pretty much a decent game day coach IMO.
Willie recruited 11 dbs a cycle and most of them were garbage anyways lol. God I loved that guy

Advertisement
Back