Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
I'm not quite as doubtful on their ability to lure Kiffin.

First, Kiffin was willing to suck a **** last year to get the Miami job, but he was never a candidate. He may have a "revenge" motivation to take less money at F$U for the chance to show up UM and Mario.

Second, F$U will be done paying Taggart and have a supposedly reduced payout for Prison Mike Norvell.

Third, I believe that the ICs are uncapped for next year too. When you combine that with the ability of a first year coach to "waive" the prior coach's players, it would be (theoretically) possible for Kiffin to sign 85 HS, JuCo, and Portal players in his first year at F$U.

Finally, Kiffin would really be able to build a legacy for himself if he was able to restore the consistent records of the Bowden days. Say what you will, F$U has won a title under two separate coaches in our lifetimes, and Ole Miss has not.

The biggest issue that F$U would have to navigate would be the buyout of the Ole Miss contract. If they can scrape together the money for that, this might not be such a crazy plan for them to attempt. It's probably their only shot at saving the program, I don't think Neon Deion is the answer.

Have they scraped together enough money yet to fix the urinals?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think its the opposite with Deon. He would crush recruiting but not sure he is ready to put in the 80 hour weeks it takes to be elite. I think @Brooklyndee made some comments about that at one point
It could go either way with deon at fsu(I honestly doubt it ever happens)it would take a huge commitment by them on par with what we did. Obviously it could happen but they'd have to build a monster staff around him. Deon has no work ethic and is basically a puppet. He will be no different from what onion was for us UNLESS they build the staff around him.

It could go either way with deon at fsu(I honestly doubt it ever happens)it would take a huge commitment by them on par with what we did. Obviously it could happen but they'd have to build a monster staff around him. Deon has no work ethic and is basically a puppet. He will be no different from what onion was for us UNLESS they build the staff around him.
Do you think he would have the cache that Mario has to attract that caliber of a coach? I just can’t imagine guys like Gattis, Steele, Strong, etc. running to coach under Deion.

Do you think he would have the cache that Mario has to attract that caliber of a coach? I just can’t imagine guys like Gattis, Steele, Strong, etc. running to coach under Deion.
Not a chance. Deion is considered top 3 CB of all time but he isn't respected for his coaching acumen or work ethic.
Assistants needs to coach someplace that makes them look good so they can presumably move on to something bigger. That isn't happening by coaching for Deion. Steele maybe the exception to wanting bigger things, but every other assistant believes he should be a head coach.

Advertisement
Back