Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I just don’t understand how these guys can be so delusional. It’s an 8-13 staff that was a Mack Brown special and blown assignment by us from being 6-15.

Staff’s that can’t recruit do not build nationally competitive programs. We said the same crap about Golden finding diamonds in the rough and “coaching them up.” Meanwhile, they think 8-13 P5 NoRvElL iS bEtTeR tHaN a coach with a 35-13 record, two P5 conference championships, and a Rose Bowl.

Deep down I believe most of them understand the predicament they’re in. Admitting it though is a step too far for them.
Golden had the (legitimate) cloud of a death penalty seeking NCAA at the very least in the 2012 and 2013 classes. Some of his latter recruiting was quite good.

FSU has no excuses. The only cloud they have is one self generated by poor decisions and questionable training food.

Advertisement
My first Miami game was in 1990 against FSU...the alternate Miami version of the Warchant was sung the entire game.

Lost historical fact...

Connie Nickel instructed the UM varsity cheerleaders (the ones in front of the UM student section) to teach and lead the UM students in doing the "U" hand signal, so that the television cameras would not capture us doing the middle-finger warchant salute.

No joke, every time the F$U band launched into the Warchant, the UM Band of the Hour would start playing the Death Star march, and then the cheerleaders would try to get us to use our hands to make the U.

Yes, that really happened. One of the female cheerleaders lived in Eaton down the hall from me (oh, and my roommate and best friend since middle school was in the Band of the Hour). Fvckin' hilarious.

Advertisement
To add to @CreativeCane Bingo board:

This is in relation to Miami adding 5 star recruits:

1657771652471.png

View attachment 198223
LOL.

Things are different. They don’t realize it. It’s like a country talking about the United States war fighting capabilities in 1942 and using 1812 information as their basis.

I am going to throughly enjoy the 73 points Miami puts on these not so Killer Klowns from FSU.

Advertisement

View attachment 198223
Willie did get some kids cause FSU was living off what Jimbo did.....same like Coker and Shannon. Kids remembered still how good UM and FSU were so it was easier cause they were closer to their glory years. Easier to recruit when the HC that leaves was successful. Until the lights come on and kids start figuring out its a bad situation.

View attachment 198223

Does this ****head think Mario is going to lose his first game, at home, on national TV, 24-3 in a game that was over basically before it started?

Or he thinks Mario is gonna lose by 3 TDs to Syracuse?

Oh, he thinks Mario will be outscored 210-87 (42 to 17 on average LMAO) over his last 5 games this season, and will finish 5-7 overall. Got it.

Yes....if all that happens, the class will be "just like Willie's". Good luck with that.

Advertisement
I think it's at #9 for me. I'd probably put the 2003 game against the Gaytors at #10, lots of residual Ohio Taint anger. #11 would be the 2000 game against VaTech, that would have cracked the Top 10 if Michael Vick had been healthy that day, there was a LOT of hatred towards Vick that got blunted because he didn't play.

Pound-for-pound (because it was not a sellout), the 1998 UCLA was pretty crazy, the high score really helped to amp things up.
They had a poster of the UCLA game with the score on it at Scotty's Landing until Scotty was forced to give up the place. Couldn't talk for a couple of days after that game. Amazing that UM lost to Syracuse the week before by a score of 66-13 or some crazy thing ... then beats undefeated UCLA and wipes out their "national championship" shot. What a game.

94 UM vs FSU was Pure insanity....(remember, they were defending NCs) It wasn't 89 UM vs ND Absurdity....but it was certainly no slouch. Without Question, the Carlos Jones Pick 6 is the loudest moment in OB History. @TheOriginalCane ...I was at all the above games as well. And the Noise level Award for an "Entire" game EASILY goes to 89 UM vs ND.....

1989 ND over everything. The end. Also why do you capitalize random words? :)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back