Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I posted something like this a few weeks ago in here. I've been following recruiting very closely for 20+ years now. I have never, and I mean NEVER, seen FSU as this much of an afterthought. It's crazy to me. I'm sure as we get closer to NSD they'll get a few recruits, I don't think they'll finish 50th in the rankings or anything, but they are down BAD right now. It's almost as if they don't even exist. This article is so true and I know the national guys feel the same way I do....there is just ZERO buzz around them right now with virtually every elite recruit.

I think our absolute best hope is for them to go something like 6-6 or even 7-5. They won't be able to fire Norvell but it won't generate nearly enough attention for them to get any momentum in recruiting. I really wouldn't be surprised in the least if they finish somewhere in the 30s in the composite this year. Like I said, in 20 years, I've never seen anything like this complete lack of interest.
Im right there with you, they averaged 2.5 five stars a recruiting cycle from 2001-2017 and now a 20/21st ranked class is a good cycle for them. They think they can get back to 2013 with these classes too is what makes it so funny. The thing a lot of people overlook is even if they fire Norvell who wants to take over at FSU where the admin isn't fully on board. Sound familiar?

Advertisement
Exactly what we used to do… grasp at straws to justify why no one else wanted a kid but us. Thinking they were all diamonds
We would say people things like Saban and Urban, the greats, just recruited from lists while our guy was making real evaluations. It was a twisted delusional time for us.

Last edited:
I'm praying we whoop their *** in November and yet prison Mike can win 6 or 7 games so he stays put in Tally at least 1 more season

Yes, that would really be worst case for them.

I have been very vocal in saying they will not fire Norvell after this season. They can't afford to. HOWEVER, if he has a complete abomination of a season, they'll do any/everything they possibly can to get him out. They'll figure it out somehow.

That's why I think BEST CASE for them is 10 wins or 3 wins. Obviously 10 is self-explanatory, and 3 would allow them to fire him.

Worst-case for them is 6-6 or 7-5. Because they wouldn't fire him, but their recruiting would continue to blow all the ****s. That's what we should all be rooting for. A nice 6-6 season where we beat them by 30 would be perfect.

They are us with Golden. Seeing things that have been no evidence. They have had 4 consecutive losing seasons and everyone can see how **** they are except them.
They have a major blind spot. They’re miles behind right now with no upside whatsoever.

Advertisement
Meanwhile at FSU …
1655406204776.png

Did these sweet, delicious tears make it here yet? 4-star DL and FSU's best and only top 200 commit.

I actually respect the **** out of that post. I mean, he's obviously gonna flip, and we're gonna laugh, but I love that mindset. IDGAF what you fans think, I'm gonna do me, don't @ me cause I don't care. I've worked my *** off, I'm gonna enjoy the process. No issues at all with that atitude.

And the decision will be beyond respected when he decommits soon.

Advertisement
Anyone want to tell them where this is headed??

View attachment 189680

Once they start losing games, their class could seriously go to complete crap. Implosion. I know @OrangeBowlMagic speculated on this before me, and hedged a little about them dropping down into the 50's, but ****, that could happen. Or worse.

Seems they are about to lose their only top 200 commit (the NC DL who just announced he is taking visits so they will have to hold off OSU, UGA and more), they have only one other commit in the top 325 (Lamont Green Jr from Gulliver - sweep the leg, Mario!), and there was just an article about how so few top kids are mentioning FSU right now, it's something that recruiting writers have never seen in their careers.

If you take away Sampson and Pittman, they would be ranked #52 right now, but with not a lot of kids they are in it for that could deliver significant improvement to their ranking. It's almost like before an election, there just doesn't seem like many paths to recruiting victory this year for FSU. I don't know how they get there.

Yes, that would really be worst case for them.

I have been very vocal in saying they will not fire Norvell after this season. They can't afford to. HOWEVER, if he has a complete abomination of a season, they'll do any/everything they possibly can to get him out. They'll figure it out somehow.

That's why I think BEST CASE for them is 10 wins or 3 wins. Obviously 10 is self-explanatory, and 3 would allow them to fire him.

Worst-case for them is 6-6 or 7-5. Because they wouldn't fire him, but their recruiting would continue to blow all the ****s. That's what we should all be rooting for. A nice 6-6 season where we beat them by 30 would be perfect.

the best case scenario for us is 6-8 wins, just enough to show progress and to keep him there a few more years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The .....tears thing sounds pretty inappropriate for me especially when it applies to the Gators (Who I hate). They turned two players from us. Last year and one so far this year. Hate them yes but they like us are trying to get back to relevance and unlike us they have a conference championship game appearance on their resume. PSU tears? Also on the way back.They beat the best team in their league last year. Finally get this in your head. We will never consistantly out recruit the Noles. We never have even during the glory years and never will. Let's take the attitude of our coach. Show class, recruit kids who buy in, coach me up, and do it the right way. Who cares what our rivals do.
Amazing what five years can do.

Advertisement
Back