Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
A head coach is 8-12 at FSU and isn’t on the hot seat going into year 3? Talk about a dip in standards.

They can't afford better, that's the irony. Of course everyone WANTS to fire him. But who are they going to attract given their situation. It's got to be a fricking Chernobyl level meltdown over there. And it's the players who are out there getting radiation poisoning. What blue chipper would go to that program now who wasn't a Duke-level fan growing up?

They can't afford better, that's the irony. Of course everyone WANTS to fire him. But who are they going to attract given their situation. It's got to be a fricking Chernobyl level meltdown over there. And it's the players who are out there getting radiation poisoning. What blue chipper would go to that program now who wasn't a Duke-level fan growing up?
Its going to be glorious to watch all of their excuse making the next several years as their admin tries to ride out Norvell's contract. Baring a disaster, I don't see them spending the money to make the change, simply because they don't have it.

Advertisement
1653335159667.png

:pgdead: :pgdead: :pgdead:

Advertisement
I’m sure most people applaud the university for using health care profits to fund their sports programs, just remember where those profits come from (insurance companies that also turn profits and taxpayers through government payments like with COVID19). It’s actually quite sad.
1) do we know the exact amount of healthcare funds (if any) being utilized on Football/sports? Healthcare funds were never made available to football.

2) Let’s not forget how the university was able to utilize a lot of the funds generated by the football program and their success to purchase the healthcare system. The proudly flash that “U” on all of those buildings and ads made famous by the football team.

3) I will let others more knowledgeable than me get into the details on your post but this isn’t the Fvking Thread to have this conversation because it’s FVKING NOLE TEARS!!!!!!!!!

So crawl back into your hole with your assumptions!!!

@TheOriginalCane or anyone else. Set this straight, please! @Gi0logy @JD08

Link for you to go and comment on vs this thread:

Thread 'the $400M from UM Medical'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/the-400m-from-um-medical.174637/

Last edited:
I’m sure most people applaud the university for using health care profits to fund their sports programs, just remember where those profits come from (insurance companies that also turn profits and taxpayers through government payments like with COVID19). It’s actually quite sad.
In a word. Bull****.

We've explained ad museum about how nobody got rich off Covid. Now you're trying to deny an organization that operates efficiently enough to make a profit the option to spend those profits as they see fit. What if they were ****ing it away on executive perks? Would you view them admirably for not making a profit?

To think that you wasted one of your 4 posts a year on something this mind-numbing ignorant is a testament to your porsting ability.

angry willy wonka GIF

Advertisement
My understanding to make it simple is UM was funding the hospital for years..now the hospital can run on its own (no longer needs those funds to keep it running) those funds are now being reallocated to other areas(football) idk if you’re a troll but yeah

Please cut the crap. That is NOT what is happening.

For YEARS, the University of Miami had to FUND the losses of UHealth with the "profits" from running the university. NOW, UHealth is running a profit of its own, and Miami no longer needs to divert money from the general operating fund to pay for UHealth losses.

Thus, we HAVE money due to UHealth's profitability, but it is money that we no longer have to divert to cover UHealth losses, and it is NOT "UHealth profits being diverted to fund the Athletic Department".

43 posts in 11 years and this is your contribution? Come on, we expect better. We expect more informed commentary. More accurate statements.

EDIT: sorry Jose, just saw your post. I think we are saying the same thing here.

Advertisement
Lots of words to say "I have no idea what I'm talking about."

Advertisement
Back