Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

If FSU keeps the guy after a 7-6 record, the fans and alumni should take their entire admin and board out to the woodshed. Norvell's minimum viable product to stay in role is 8-4 regular season, and I don't see it happening. But one can dream.

It will be interesting to see if they will be able to shell out 8M+ annually to compete for good coaches. I doubt it. So they're gong to have to take a chance on a G5 guy like Norvell or go all in on Deion.

And they still owe Taggert another 7M lol, on top of whatever buyout they need to pay Norvell, and whatever buyout they need to pay to the former team of the hire coach they ultimately hire. Do they have a billionaires club like we do to bankroll that kind of commitment?

"The Seminoles were on the hook for paying [Taggert] $4.25 million each year through January 2024. That annual payout was reduced once again when Taggart was hired to be the head coach at FAU shortly after his dismissal in Tallahassee. But because the Owls are only paying Taggart $750,000 per year, his severance from FSU was dropped from $4.25 million to $3.5 million.

Unless something changes with his FAU contract, FSU will have to pay Taggart that same amount in 2021, 2022 and 2023, which will bring his total payout from FSU to over $14 million. He is receiving about $290,000 per month from his former school."
Yeah this is part of my reasoning. With how much coaches are getting now, they’ll be looking to sell themselves on the “value” of Norvell.

Advertisement
But let's say they do figure out a way to fire him... it will bet expensive, and they are already pinching pennies. And they are STILL paying their last coach.

They aren't going to have $80M for a new coach and $100M for upgrades to draw a new coach.

They will probably hire Ryan Silverfield. :)
I’m hearing they’ll overcome their debt load after this season. I don’t think they’ll get a commitment from their people like we did ours. Exactly what you said, they’ll have something that’s serviceable.

I’m thinking something like this...

You might see this as disaster. I see fifth dimensional thinking and long term planning. Coach Norvell knows that schemes alone will not win a national championship. No. What matters is talent, experience and skill combined with the future facing schemes that we already bring to the table.

What Coach Norvell has done is to treat this season and the next as extended scrimmages. Wins are irrelevant. What matters is gametime experience. And skill building. To the point of talent, we have to keep in mind that the more losses that we take on the short term, the higher our draft choice selection will be. Furthermore we can give the appearance of a talent disparity and lure portal recruits to join.

You say 0-6, and technically this is true. But I say that in four or five years that same number of games will yield a 6-0 start, as we are building the foundation of something truly extraordinary. Be patient.
Oh my God... he's done it. He's entered the mind of a Seminole. Careful man, it's like Inception. Stay in too long, you may never come back to the real world.

Oh my God... he's done it. He's entered the mind of a Seminole. Careful man, it's like Inception. Stay in too long, you may never come back to the real world.

How many levels deep in the Nole subconscious do you need to go to get to that degree of psychosis? Actually, strike that, they don't have more than one level, second level is just a blue screen.

Advertisement
I’ve been inside the IPF. You’re crazy if u think it’s anything but a top facility. It’s not like the made it 70 yards because they ran out of money or space. Considering there’s a 40 yard field off to the side it clearly was by design.
I’ve been at our IPF, as well, and it’s beautiful. Willing to bet it’s nicer than FSU’s or Florida’s.

Advertisement
They’ll have the money after this season to replace him. Unless he wins 9/10 games, he’s as good as gone. Hopefully he fails miserably and leaves them with terrible numbers and no one worth keeping.
Then why extend him, last month?

Yes a one year extension. Welcome to college football
I wasn’t trying to be a smart *** but if they are preparing to possibly terminate him, even a one year extension seems a little weird, especially with the new AD.

Advertisement
I’ve been inside the IPF. You’re crazy if u think it’s anything but a top facility. It’s not like the made it 70 yards because they ran out of money or space. Considering there’s a 40 yard field off to the side it clearly was by design.
well they did run out of space because they didn't want to run it further into greentree, but they adapted it to be something more useful than a straight up 100 yard field. ended up being a net benefit.

Last edited:
I wasn’t trying to be a smart *** but if they are preparing to possibly terminate him, even a one year extension seems a little weird, especially with the new AD.
The one year extension is a pretty common way to "show support for" a coach you intend to fire, with the intent of helping recruiting. Common in collegiate athletics at least.

It’s a vote of confidence. It also puts them in a position of strength for one year, if he does win or right the ship. Lastly, we don’t know the language behind the extension. It most probably has no bearing on his buyout amount.

Advertisement
It’s a vote of confidence. It also puts them in a position of strength for one year, if he does win or right the ship. Lastly, we don’t know the language behind the extension. It most probably has no bearing on his buyout amount.
if it somehow did affect his buyout in favor of the university, then norvell needs a new agent yesterday. dude is corny as ****, but i don't think he's that dumb.

I learned that you can extend a contract without extending the buyout. I doubt the extension added an extra year’s salary to the buyout. Even FSU’s athletic director isn’t that dumb. It’s purely a “vote of confidence” so recruits don’t think they’re signing with a lame duck coach. Won’t matter come mid season when they’re 2-4 because everyone will know Norvellll is done.

That makes sense.

if it somehow did affect his buyout in favor of the university, then norvell needs a new agent yesterday. dude is corny as ****, but i don't think he's that dumb.
They usually give an extra year for the struggling coach, and there’s no additional money added to the buyout. No on wants to give a vote of confidence and have it cost them extra. It’s the staffs opportunity to maximize recruiting. Fwiw It has little to do with “an extra year for the staff”.

Advertisement
Back