Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

The one year extension is a pretty common way to "show support for" a coach you intend to fire, with the intent of helping recruiting. Common in collegiate athletics at least.
And it rarely helps in recruiting as kids and their parents aren’t stupid and there are countless examples that it doesn’t stop the school from firing the coach.

Plus other schools will still negatively recruit. It’s a mismanagement of money that I’m sure Blake James would’ve done if he had the green light.

Advertisement
**** idk if they can afford to fire him. They still paying Willie!
That's the best part. I believe they will raise more funds, but no matter how you slice it, they are going to be in a precarious financial situation.

I just expect that given the changes with our program, there will be some desperation from the base.

Advertisement
And it rarely helps in recruiting as kids and their parents aren’t stupid and there are countless examples that it doesn’t stop the school from firing the coach.

Plus other schools will still negatively recruit. It’s a mismanagement of money that I’m sure Blake James would’ve done if he had the green light.
The thing isn’t we’re survivors
We survived this and saw this on reply for almost 20 years
So we know what’s going on over there
But those guys are so arragont bc they are fsu
Thst they have a cult like belief in that corch

I learned that you can extend a contract without extending the buyout. I doubt the extension added an extra year’s salary to the buyout. Even FSU’s athletic director isn’t that dumb. It’s purely a “vote of confidence” so recruits don’t think they’re signing with a lame duck coach. Won’t matter come mid season when they’re 2-4 because everyone will know Norvellll is done.

You can give a guy a 10 year $100M extension that reduced the buy out to $0 and fire him for free tomorrow. I can't say it enough, the only language that matters is the termination sections. The rest is optics.

Advertisement
You can give a guy a 10 year $100M extension that reduced the buy out to $0 and fire him for free tomorrow. I can't say it enough, the only language that matters is the termination sections. The rest is optics.
Correct but any good agent will know this and demand an increase in the buyout if not it’s a purely one sided deal.

That's the best part. I believe they will raise more funds, but no matter how you slice it, they are going to be in a precarious financial situation.

I just expect that given the changes with our program, there will be some desperation from the base.
That's just it though, they need to run a fundraiser every time they do anything. They're not getting the $ from the school. They just went around selling candy bars or whatever a couple years ago to get out from under Willie's contract

Advertisement
Correct but any good agent will know this and demand an increase in the buyout if not it’s a purely one sided deal.

Of course. But… Depends on who has leverage. For instance Jim Harbaugh had his salary and buyout significantly reduced after the 2020 season because they were struggling.

Norvell and FSU haven’t had a winning record since he arrived and he was “extended” lol. I very much would say it was an optics extension where they might have (should have) had him over a barrel in the negotiations and the goal was to reduce the buyout. He’s lucky to still have the job let alone get an extension.

Last edited:

As we saw multiple times, if the financial commitment from the school along with a good AD aren't there, they'll just continue their path of mediocrity.

And I, for one, will be here for it.

Advertisement

F$U...throwing good money after bad, for decades...

Advertisement
Back