Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

they said on their pod last night that FSU's administration will not be aggressive in the NIL game and that the administration needs new blood.
Yep, I found him saying it on the board too, he was aggressive about how conservative they would be in fact. Newberg seems to think they should be fighting at above a "Tennessee" but not at a "Big Boy" level.

Advertisement
they said on their pod last night that FSU's administration will not be aggressive in the NIL game and that the administration needs new blood.
Not sure what the admin can do with the current coach. I just don’t know of many businesses in Tallahassee willing or capable of funding major NIL deals. And Jimbo did a number on the few big money guys who used to fund recruiting — squeezed everything he could out of those boys and then told them it was not enough. I don’t think they have the business community or willing boosters to compete in an unregulated market. Imo, they would need a major splash hire to replace White Willie in order to get the booster money flowing again.

“If he was that good he’d go to Bama or UGA”

smh GIF
But when he was going there to FSU all was fine. They should check their entire class then to see if anyone can go to UGA or Bama

Not sure what the admin can do with the current coach. I just don’t know of many businesses in Tallahassee willing or capable of funding major NIL deals. And Jimbo did a number on the few big money guys who used to fund recruiting — squeezed everything he could out of those boys and then told them it was not enough. I don’t think they have the business community or willing boosters to compete in an unregulated market. Imo, they would need a major splash hire to replace White Willie in order to get the booster money flowing again.
they were just begging the city to give them money for urinals a week ago. they're f*cked.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

It’s real bad over there and they’re getting beat by every new trend out in college football because they’re not quick at adjusting (just like their ****** staff on game day)

Look say what u want about manny but he didn’t dig us into a hole because he was slow to adjust to advancements in the rules (portal & NIL). Noles have more problems than solutions right now and I love it. They literally are going to have Norvell and a Save-a-lot staff because of their former AD and being behind the curve. It’s ******* glorious
I was also reading that their big $$$ boosters from the Bowden and Jimbo era are beginning to pass or getting too old and senile to care. The money isn't being fundraised because the kids who are inheriting that money are not giving to FSU athletics.

This is the big money era of CFB and the gap between broke and wealthy is only growing larger by the season. Their athletic department is lagging financially and there's no savior in sight.

Boo freakin' hoo!!!

Advertisement
they were just begging the city to give them money for urinals a week ago. they're f*cked.
Perhaps FSU needs to put the needs of its fandom first and adopt a Paul Johnson triple option offense. An aggressive, run only offense will help the game go by much more quickly and minimize discomfort for fans who lack restroom facilities to utilize.

The main problem for them is how many uber-successful alumni and fans does FSU have compared to their competiton?

FSU is a crappy school in a crappy down and it's far from the premiere university in its state. The smartest, most likely to be successful people in Florida do not choose FSU, and highly successful people rarely want to live in a place like Tallahassee.

Miami can surround itself with a few billionaires with a B. In Tally they are hoping the local Ford dealership kicks in. Even in other college towns like Tuscaloosa and Athens, Bama and UGA are THE university in their states. There is state-wide passion for those programs, and they both drive a significant part of the state economies to some extent via their alumni networks. A kid in FL who wants to stay in state to pay the local tuition rates can go to UF, USF, UCF and more, and also try for assistance at UM. FSU brings a knife to a gun fight.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
The main problem is how many uber-successful alumni and fans does FSU have compared to their competiton?

FSU is a crappy school in a crappy down and it's far from the premiere university in its state. The smartest, most likely to be successful people in Florida do not choose FSU, and highly successful people rarely want to live in a place like Tallahassee.

Miami can surround itself with a few billionaires with a B. In Tally they are hoping the local Ford dealership kicks in. Even in other college towns like Tuscaloosa and Athens, Bama and UGA are THE university in their states. There is state-wide passion for those programs, and they both drive a significant part of the state economies to some extent via their alumni networks. A kid in FL who wants to stay in state to pay the local tuition rates can go to UF, USF, UCF and more, and also try for assistance at UM. FSU brings a knife to a gun fight.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Sara Blakely is literally the only one I can think of. Not coincidentally, she was the one that funded the Willie to Norvell transition. I can’t imagine she is dipping back into the well so readily after the ROI last time.

Advertisement
Sara Blakely is literally the only one I can think of. Not coincidentally, she was the one that funded the Willie to Norvell transition. I can’t imagine she is dipping back into the well so readily after the ROI last time.
How far down the list would her $1.3B put her on the Miami donor list?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back