Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

The majority of pledges today at the AA game had FSU hats and none to FSU. Add in they lost the overrated McFadden and a top 5 WR in CFB Tate. Nole tears are in full flash flood mode. There’s absolutely no way in **** Dugans goes to FSU after Tate leaving either. You know they were all cringing today watching all the UM commits at the game today. It’s beautiful!!!

With all of their early departures to the league, their weak 2018 class, and then you add on the Willie effect (bad coaching staff, schemes that won't work, lack of player development, etc), these guys are going to hover around 8-5 / 7-6 for the next few years.

If luck wasn’t on our side this year (FSU, GT, UNC) we could’ve easily been an 8-5 team.

Advertisement
The majority of pledges today at the AA game had FSU hats and none to FSU. Add in they lost the overrated McFadden and a top 5 WR in CFB Tate. Nole tears are in full flash flood mode. There’s absolutely no way in **** Dugans goes to FSU after Tate leaving either. You know they were all cringing today watching all the UM commits at the game today. It’s beautiful!!!

With all of their early departures to the league, their weak 2018 class, and then you add on the Willie effect (bad coaching staff, schemes that won't work, lack of player development, etc), these guys are going to hover around 8-5 / 7-6 for the next few years.

If luck wasn’t on our side this year (FSU, GT, UNC) we could’ve easily been an 8-5 team.

What luck did we need vs FSU? We were in position for a game tying field goal. I never understood ppl talking about us getting lucky this game. The go ahead TD was a perfect throw. There was no tipped pass like GT. GT is the only game that we could lucky in. What luck was there in the UNC game?

IF myaunt had a **** shed be my uncle

Pruitt had never called plays and produced their best Defense this decade. It can go either way.

But I aint scurred.

Pruitt didn't produce nothing. He walked into a defense that Mark Stoops stack up. Try to that bama 3-4 And went back to Stoops defense in his only year there. Dantonio defense took years to get where they are at. That same thing happening to Pitt. By the time the defense gets good at FSU Willie will be gone. He is on short leash in trailer town

There was a noticeable drop off when he left and they havent been the same since

He goes to UGA, their Defense went to another level.

He takes over at Bama and they break records and were noticeably better even by their standards.

He steps in for Mark Stoops at FSU. The defense was good before him

He steps in for Todd Grantham at UGA. Defense was good before him. He didn't take them to the next level.

He steps in for Kirby Smart at Bama. Thats Nick Satan Defense.

Before we crown him as a defense master mind lets see how he do building a defense instead of walking into a great defense and doing a 1 and done.

Even if im buying what youre selling, simply walking into a good situation doesnt mean you'll be successful. If only it were that easy. You still have to call the plays and teach. Theres no comparsion between his defense and Kellys or Granthams. He took Stoops' legit D and made em elite.

The defense got better at every.one of his stops. It IMPROVED FSU despite him never having any previous experience calling plays which is why his name was dropped as an example.

You make it seem like these teams wasn't close to elite before.

Mark Stoops FSU total defense in 2011 ranked 4th and 2012 ranked 2nd. Pruitt made it elite by having it ranked 3rd

Grantham best total defense ranking was 5th while Pruitt was 7th.

fsu success on defense starts and ends with their dline recruitment. They kept Haggins who has been there since Bobby Bowden son was in daycare. Their d will always be solid to great with him there.

Didnt mean to downvote.

Truth Haggins is the key there. However, Barnett is not a bad choice regardless. I even remember his name thrown about here when we were looking forva DC. Funny the hypocrites here.

Really?

Can you direct me to those posts or porsters? Who were these hypocrites?

People were pimping a guy who’s NEVER been a DC and has only been a co-DC for just 2 short years? Who were those people?

The FSU pole smokers sure are coming out of the woodwork.
You keep doing this to yourself..

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/savage-dc-iii-tubbys-descendants/95129

First couple of pages aren't focused on Barnett directly but the system then..

Barnett and Tressell both make $378,230/yr.

Miami could certainly afford to give one of them a substantial pay raise to move to Coral Gables.

I love the MSU defense. Barnett is the play caller and is an amazing DB coach. He's developed so many great players and they are not 4&5* athletes.

If we can get him I would be all for it.

Barnett would be my choice.

Those MSU defenses are nasty year in and year out. They're tough to run on and also great against the pass. What's not to like.

Any DC that can push Taint's **** in is the guy I want running our D. Imagine him running that D with our South Florida athletes and some savage DT's. It would be a wrap.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/4-3-cover-2-a/94805/3?highlight=Harlan+barnett

Harlan Barnett or Mike Tressel might want to stop being co-coordinators ...

Michigan State claims to run the "old Miami" defense ...

It's not just a claim. It is a too-the-tee rip off. Narduzzi actually admits it.

MSU scheme is literally the exact same thing we ran here in the early 90s. Exact same thing Tubbs ran at Auburn in 2004.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/coaching-staff-hypothetical/95345?highlight=Harlan+barnett
I wanna play:

HC/QB/PC(play caller) Richt

DC Harlon Barnett
DL Tracy Rocker(good coach/good recruiter)
LB Michael Barrow(good coach/good recruiter)
Db Hurlie Brown(good coach/good recruiter)

I really love the synergy of type of defense Barnett would run, his own db experience, the db recruits in this area, and Hurlie, being one of our best recruiter, db experience. Add Rocker possibly being able to pull SEC fat bodies down here, and the possibilities are tantalizing.

I would have no problem keeping our entire offensive staff. Coley would be good to keep (plus good for Coley to stay and learn under Richt) because of finding Qbs, but Richt can find his own. So since it seems Richt wants Lilly and McClendon then:

Passing game Coordinator/SP/recruiting coord John Lilly
Rb Ice Harris
Wr Bryan McClendon
TE Larry Scott
OL Art Kehoe

Advertisement

IF myaunt had a **** shed be my uncle

And a nole fan...

If luck had been on our side the three previous year instead of on the noles side, we would one more, at least,win and they ne more, at tease, loss each of those years. What is your point?

fsu succewss on defense starts and ends with their dline recruitment. They kept Haggins who has been there since Bobby Bowden son was in daycare. Their d will always be solid to great with him there.

Didnt mean to downvote.

Truth Haggins is the key there. However, Barnett is not a bad choice regardless. I even remember his name thrown about here when we were looking forva DC. Funny the hypocrites here.

Really?

Can you direct me to those posts or porsters? Who were these hypocrites?

People were pimping a guy who’s NEVER been a DC and has only been a co-DC for just 2 short years? Who were those people?

The FSU pole smokers sure are coming out of the woodwork.
You keep doing this to yourself..

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/savage-dc-iii-tubbys-descendants/95129

First couple of pages aren't focused on Barnett directly but the system then..

Barnett and Tressell both make $378,230/yr.

Miami could certainly afford to give one of them a substantial pay raise to move to Coral Gables.

Barnett would be my choice.

Those MSU defenses are nasty year in and year out. They're tough to run on and also great against the pass. What's not to like.

Any DC that can push Taint's **** in is the guy I want running our D. Imagine him running that D with our South Florida athletes and some savage DT's. It would be a wrap.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/4-3-cover-2-a/94805/3?highlight=Harlan+barnett

Harlan Barnett or Mike Tressel might want to stop being co-coordinators ...

Michigan State claims to run the "old Miami" defense ...

It's not just a claim. It is a too-the-tee rip off. Narduzzi actually admits it.

MSU scheme is literally the exact same thing we ran here in the early 90s. Exact same thing Tubbs ran at Auburn in 2004.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/coaching-staff-hypothetical/95345?highlight=Harlan+barnett
I wanna play:

HC/QB/PC(play caller) Richt

DC Harlon Barnett
DL Tracy Rocker(good coach/good recruiter)
LB Michael Barrow(good coach/good recruiter)
Db Hurlie Brown(good coach/good recruiter)

I really love the synergy of type of defense Barnett would run, his own db experience, the db recruits in this area, and Hurlie, being one of our best recruiter, db experience. Add Rocker possibly being able to pull SEC fat bodies down here, and the possibilities are tantalizing.

I would have no problem keeping our entire offensive staff. Coley would be good to keep (plus good for Coley to stay and learn under Richt) because of finding Qbs, but Richt can find his own. So since it seems Richt wants Lilly and McClendon then:

Passing game Coordinator/SP/recruiting coord John Lilly
Rb Ice Harris
Wr Bryan McClendon
TE Larry Scott
OL Art Kehoe

Wow, excellent researcher, I’m impressed. I tried two week jury cases with less. Not sure what your point is because it is too much data for me to follow. Can I get closing summary, please.

Good catch.

That’s 4 guys.

That’s good research and I give you props for recalling that.

I’m not going to denigrate your find, but it’s not a groundswell either. But it is 4 people. Is it the same people taking shlt about Harlan now? If it isn’t, then it’s not hypocrisy.

My original point remains the same.

Being a co-coordinator for a couple of years implementing a system that the HC is the proponent and leader of, even if you are the game day play caller, doesn’t necassarily mean you’re ready to take over a big time P5 program as “the man” for an offensive minded head coach.

Risky hire, whether you like their system or not.

Advertisement
So is Patrick the only guy they have on the fence? Tate, Izzy, James, McFadden, Sweat all chucking deuces to Willie Vanilly

Advertisement
FSU

HC- Willie Taggart (Win-Loss 47-50)
DC - Harlon Barnett (First time as sole DC at a major program)
OL - Greg Frey (Michigan fans hated him)

We are in Al Golden territory here, gang. OMG!

FSU

HC- Willie Taggart (Win-Loss 47-50)
DC - Harlon Barnett (First time as sole DC at a major program)
OL - Greg Frey (Michigan fans hated him)

We are in Al Golden territory here, gang. OMG!

1EA63333-89F4-4728-9590-A02D0F3FE0B7.jpg

Advertisement
Chill out guys, the Holes have a great staff filled with elite members from the nation's best across the country

Tagfar et. al. are about to clean up on the trail and start an unprecedented run of success in Trailerhassee. #WatchTheDumpsterFire

Advertisement
Back