Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett moving from Michigan State to Florida State

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett is leaving Michigan State for the same position at Florida State, a source confirmed Friday morning.

Barnett is leaving his alma mater after 11 seasons as an assistant for the Spartans' defense. He has been a member of Mark Dantonio's coaching staff since 2004 when he was hired at Cincinnati. His new job was first reported by Bruce Feldman.

Barnett took over as a co-defensive coordinator at Michigan State in 2015. This fall he helped turn a starting lineup filled with underclassmen into the No. 7-ranked total defense at the FBS level, allowing 297.6 yards per game. Barnett coached defensive backs along with his coordinator responsibilities. He has helped coach a secondary that has often ranked among the nation's best during his tenure in East Lansing.

Barnett was part of a core group of Dantonio assistants that had been with him for the entirety of the head coach's time at Michigan State.

I know this isn't the thread for it but dude about to show us what a real 4-3 defense looks like.

Gave up a combined 125 points in their 3 losses to ND, OSU and Northwestern

If UM had hired him YOU would be killing UM for hiring a DC who's defense did that.

ND dropped 40 in their new DC...OSU dropped 50. I rest my case

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett moving from Michigan State to Florida State

Defensive coordinator Harlon Barnett is leaving Michigan State for the same position at Florida State, a source confirmed Friday morning.

Barnett is leaving his alma mater after 11 seasons as an assistant for the Spartans' defense. He has been a member of Mark Dantonio's coaching staff since 2004 when he was hired at Cincinnati. His new job was first reported by Bruce Feldman.

Barnett took over as a co-defensive coordinator at Michigan State in 2015. This fall he helped turn a starting lineup filled with underclassmen into the No. 7-ranked total defense at the FBS level, allowing 297.6 yards per game. Barnett coached defensive backs along with his coordinator responsibilities. He has helped coach a secondary that has often ranked among the nation's best during his tenure in East Lansing.

Barnett was part of a core group of Dantonio assistants that had been with him for the entirety of the head coach's time at Michigan State.

I know this isn't the thread for it but dude about to show us what a real 4-3 defense looks like.

If UM had hired him YOU would be killing UM for hiring a DC who's defense did that.

ND had 38 and Ohio State had 48. 2 Teams who not only 2 of the best offenses in CFB but their recruiting is light years ahead of Michigan State.

Not only that but when we first got Diaz his resume looked worse then FSU's new DC.

ND had 38 and Ohio State had 48. 2 Teams who not only 2 of the best offenses in CFB but their recruiting is light years ahead of Michigan State.

Not only that but when we first got Diaz his resume looked worse then FSU's new DC.

51 years old and only 2 years as a co-DC. Diaz is 8 years younger and has been a DC for 10 more years but keep going with your anti-Miami agenda.

51 years old and only 2 years as a co-DC. Diaz is 8 years younger and has been a DC for 10 more years but keep going with your anti-Miami agenda.

What does age or experience have anything to do with anything? Last time I checked Wisconsin DC called defense for the first time this year and produced the #1 ranked defense..

You also made Diaz look bad with what you just said. Diaz who has been a DC for 10 years is just considered a gimmicky DC. 10 years in the game and how many top 10 defenses has Manny produce? because he has been a DC at some pretty **** good programs.

Anyways, I'm off this topic.. this Noles tears.

Advertisement
There's actually "cane fans" arguing how good a fsu hire is? He has two years Dc experience but he's some 4-3 innovator? Then leave out the part about Dantonio being the brains behind that D.

You can't make this crap up , just go back to war chant and slob him.

Noles said they were making a minority hire this time. So they told everyone why taggert got the job. I don’t know this dc. I remember the guy effort him— think we ran into him at Pitt. I think taggert is having problems getting coaches. He failed to get the one who were coaching with him and this hire is not like he torn smart away from Bama when he was dc there. FSU is in decline and has been since Rapist. We’ve seen it here. One nc and done coach followed by Randy hire. We should send flowers for the wake.

Noles said they were making a minority hire this time. So they told everyone why taggert got the job. I don’t know this dc. I remember the guy effort him— think we ran into him at Pitt. I think taggert is having problems getting coaches. He failed to get the one who were coaching with him and this hire is not like he torn smart away from Bama when he was dc there. FSU is in decline and has been since Rapist. We’ve seen it here. One nc and done coach followed by Randy hire. We should send flowers for the wake.

Why would anyone want to follow him? Dude seems sleazy. Wasn't dude a HC at 3 different school in 1 calendar year? Can't take dude by his word.

Why would anyone want to follow him? Dude seems sleazy. Wasn't dude a HC at 3 different school in 1 calendar year? Can't take dude by his word.

So we agree noles made bad hire not some sort of massive victory. Good to know.

Advertisement

osu and ND with 2 of the best offenses in football

ha..hahahahahahahahahaha

What does age or experience have anything to do with anything? Last time I checked Wisconsin DC called defense for the first time this year and produced the #1 ranked defense..

You also made Diaz look bad with what you just said. Diaz who has been a DC for 10 years is just considered a gimmicky DC. 10 years in the game and how many top 10 defenses has Manny produce? because he has been a DC at some pretty **** good programs.

Anyways, I'm off this topic.. this Noles tears.

Porster cites to resume. Response from poster attacks lack of experience. Porster then claims experience doesn't matter. You can't make this sort of stupid **** up.

Barnett is elite. Wow.

This is not good for us.

When is the last time you can say FSU did not have a really good defense and defensive coach? Calm down

Last year

A DL full of future NFL player, 3 NFL DBs and Matthew Thomas who regardless of how hated he is, is a very good backer. Stop the lies man

Yes, and with all that “elite” talent, their defense was dog **** this past season.

Advertisement
Quick question for the football geniuses in this thread...why is he such a good hire if he has never called plays? He was the Co-DC and Dantonio called the defensive plays.

Barnett is elite. Wow.

This is not good for us.

When is the last time you can say FSU did not have a really good defense and defensive coach? Calm down

Last year

A DL full of future NFL player, 3 NFL DBs and Matthew Thomas who regardless of how hated he is, is a very good backer. Stop the lies man

Yes, and with all that “elite” talent, their defense was dog **** this past season.

This... plenty of talent, but they were not good this year and Charles Kelly was garbage, their LB coach was garbage. This past year they did not have a good defense or defensive coach. No lies here.

Quick question for the football geniuses in this thread...why is he such a good hire if he has never called plays? He was the Co-DC and Dantonio called the defensive plays.

Sounds like the defensive version of James Coley.

Advertisement
View attachment 56951View attachment 56952
View attachment 56953

**** lol fsu fans not happy about Willie taggart hiring an almost completely black staff LOL.

Might as well call FSU, FSU A&M. Lol.

Those are fighting words frat. Especially since FSU has been trying to FAM **** down for decades. If it wasn’t for he joint engineering school they would want anyhthjnv to do with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who says that he didn't call the plays? Like Saban, Dantonio allows his DC's to call the plays and Barnett has been doing it since 2015, not the other co-DC:

"I do not micromanage our offense or our defense," Dantonio said. "I think that our coordinators do an outstanding job and they have to make decisions probably within 10 seconds and for me to sit there and interrupt them in their communication with our coaches and then our players would just be disruptive."

Mark Dantonio says 'best is yet to come' from defensive line | MLive.com

Only thing this thread is missing is Bamarerro Raving about all the great hires Mullet has hired.

Who says that he didn't call the plays? Like Saban, Dantonio allows his DC's to call the plays and Barnett has been doing it since 2015, not the other co-DC:

"I do not micromanage our offense or our defense," Dantonio said. "I think that our coordinators do an outstanding job and they have to make decisions probably within 10 seconds and for me to sit there and interrupt them in their communication with our coaches and then our players would just be disruptive."

Mark Dantonio says 'best is yet to come' from defensive line | MLive.com

Great. Let’s prop the guy up some more.

He was the co-DC. Being DC is way more than only calling the plays on game day.

A lot of the play calls are pre-determined calls based on packages determined during game planning week in defensive team meetings. Who do you think leads those meetings and sets the tone? Dantonio.

That was Dantonio’s defense and this guy was calling Dantonio’s game. He was and has never been a DC fully in charge. NEVER.

This was not a big time hire.

This was a reach.

Now he has to manage the whole thing because slick Willie doesn’t give two shlts about defense and Dantonio is not there holding his hand.

This was a risky *** hire and you’re an idiot if you think otherwise. The guy has never been DC and he’s never been in charge.

Some of you fūckers just don’t think things through.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back