Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Stop lol. It’s December. They aren’t signing just 10 recruits. Why would u think they wouldn’t add one more kid in the next month and a half? That’s just dumb.

Under different circumstances yea. But with the early signing period and the possibility of more de commits I’d say around 10 is a possibility. At least I’m hoping for that.

they will sign a big number, but the issue is what the quality of the recruit will be. There are no shortage of JAGs that would sign up and to keep the numbers in line ie roster management they will reach on kids. This is the Al Golden recruiting philosophy and as we all know it is disastrous to a program.

That's the thing that's getting loss in all of this. Are the Noles class going to stay in the 40's and at a number of 10 recruits? No. But the early signing period is going to take a lot of quality recruits off the board. Taggart's going to have to clean up the trail to remotely salvage this class. It's a catch 22, because you need numbers in your class for depth, but you also can't take on dead weight either. That's why transitions like this late in the game are a risk.

Noles seem likely to land this gentleman at QB in their 2018 class. He decommitted from Tennessee yesterday after receiving an offer from FSU. I get the feeling some people might have a little fun with his name. Not really sure why

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Penix-83921

JAG

Taggart still looking for USF level recruits even though he's in the ACC big leagues. Can't wait to watch the Tallahassee Trainwreck with him as the conductor

Advertisement
Last edited:
Stop lol. It’s December. They aren’t signing just 10 recruits. Why would u think they wouldn’t add one more kid in the next month and a half? That’s just dumb.

Under different circumstances yea. But with the early signing period and the possibility of more de commits I’d say around 10 is a possibility. At least I’m hoping for that.

they will sign a big number, but the issue is what the quality of the recruit will be. There are no shortage of JAGs that would sign up and to keep the numbers in line ie roster management they will reach on kids. This is the Al Golden recruiting philosophy and as we all know it is disastrous to a program.

That's the thing that's getting loss in all of this. Are the Noles class going to stay in the 40's and at a number of 10 recruits? No. But the early signing period is going to take a lot of quality recruits off the board. Taggart's going to have to clean up the trail to remotely salvage this class. It's a catch 22, because you need numbers in your class for depth, but you also can't take on dead weight either. That's why transitions like this late in the game are a risk.

This is spot on, IMO, and the timing of this being the first year with an early signing period makes it that much more damaging for f$u. Every transition year is difficult for the reasons alluded to by orangeandgreen84, but this year is even worse. A lot of the best recruits in the country will have signed by December 22. Meanwhile, f$u has less than 10 recruits and is trying to fill out its class without the benefit of a full staff. They have less time to get their **** together than they usually would in a transition year. So f$u will have to decide whether they want to sign a very small class (hurting their depth for the next couple of years), or work feverishly to add a bunch of late additions that are more likely than ever (because of early signing period) to be JAGs.

It's the perfect storm. Meanwhile, our class is no worse than top 5 and likely top 3 when the dust settles. Sucks to be (f$)U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Noles seem likely to land this gentleman at QB in their 2018 class. He decommitted from Tennessee yesterday after receiving an offer from FSU. I get the feeling some people might have a little fun with his name. Not really sure why

Who will Be first to knock penix’s helmet off?

Any footage out there of penix coughing up a ball?

So this confirms it? Taggart likes Penix?

Last edited:
Advertisement

HHeIGwj.gif

I'm hoping they only get 10-12 this cycle and try to overcompensate next class by adding a ton of 2 and 3 stars to get to a class of 30+. That'll push them even farther back

Last edited:
Taggart likes how Penix is strong at finding the hole in the defensive backfield.

Advertisement
Back