Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

DB Coach, who to hire?

Four years as a DB coach in P5:
1644346978467.png

OR...

Six years as a DB coach in P5, #2 recruiter in the country, fielded #1 secondary in the country at one point:

1644347086425.png

I truly have no idea why F$U fans would pick Woodson over Addae, but that's their story and they're stickin' to it...

Advertisement
I stopped reading after the first message, which I knew was coming, where fanboy69 says he would take Alex Atkins over Josh Gattis.

Alex Atkins has been an OC for 1 season, and it was at Charlotte in 2019. He started coaching in 2007, and his only P5 experience has come since Norvell hired him to join in on the under .500 squad at FSU.

Josh Gattis just won the Broyles Award, given annually to the very best assistant in the country, has coached at 5 different P5 schools before coming here, was the OC for 3 years at Michigan, just led his team to a playoff bid, worked at Bama under Saban for a year, worked under Harbaugh (a Super Bowl coach), James Franklin, Butch Davis, and has developed multiple All-America and All-conference players. Not that is especially matters, but he was also twice All-ACC as a player and was drafted by the NFL. Atkins was a lineman at UT-Martin.

I hate people so god**** much. You should get punched in the mouth for spewing bull**** into the world like this.
I should know better by now, but Im still just so surprised at the lack of self awareness by these fools. They really cant see it coming. That program is going deeper into the toilet. They are getting boxed out geographically from every area to recruit talent. They dont have the money to buy their way out of the hole they are in. They are ***ed.

Each one of those fools deserves a round with this woman

Testicles GIF

Most delusional fan base on the planet. They are coping at a level unseen in recent CFB history. The smart ones know they’re in a terrible position, but most will never admit it. These guys would say that Norvell is better than Saban if we hired him here.

Advertisement
I should know better by now, but Im still just so surprised at the lack of self awareness by these fools. They really cant see it coming. That program is going deeper into the toilet. They are getting boxed out geographically from every area to recruit talent. They dont have the money to buy their way out of the hole they are in. They are ***ed.

Each one of those fools deserves a round with this woman

Testicles GIF

I honestly don't even care if they don't see their program floundering. They're fans. It's hard for us to admit when things are going south. But to make these kind of claims that not even the most delusional morons could make is so embarrassing.

I honestly don't even care if they don't see their program floundering. They're fans. It's hard for us to admit when things are going south. But to make these kind of claims that not even the most delusional morons could make is so embarrassing.
Shows zero football knowledge. Then you have the next level moron who literally says he knows nothing about Kevin Smith but would take their RB coach over him. Makes me want to carry a gun, a knife, and a bat when I go out for a walk in my neighborhood knowing there are people out there in the world like this. Scary. Thankfully most of them live far away from me.

Advertisement
DB Coach, who to hire?

Four years as a DB coach in P5:
View attachment 177181

OR...

Six years as a DB coach in P5, #2 recruiter in the country, fielded #1 secondary in the country at one point:

View attachment 177182

I truly have no idea why F$U fans would pick Woodson over Addae, but that's their story and they're stickin' to it...
Especially loved the claim by one of them that it is rumored that Addae was "dead weight" on the recruiting trail! Yet somehow he is nationally ranked as one of the top recruiters!

Advertisement
Advertisement
SouthFlaNole
Posted on 15 hrs, V I P, User Since 26 months ago, User Post Count: 1974
15 hrs
VIP
26 months
Miami’s recruiting momentum will be crushed by the end of the season. Their expectations are 10 wins. Will never achieve that and will lose at home to us. Typical decommit U.

Lathius
Posted on 15 hrs, V I P, User Since 218 months ago, User Post Count: 5241
15 hrs
VIP
218 months
I don't get the infatuation with these hires. They are not even as good as the hires you all are now complaining about Norvell for.

Gattis coming from the big 10, not exactly the ties you all want from our hires and don't think he is an offensive savant. Could he be a good fit, absolutely, but i would take Atkins over this move.

Kevin Smith from Ole Miss. Don't know much about him at all which is a bit suprising with him being at Ole Miss. Again, won't know until he is there. I would prefer YAC over him.

Alex Mirabel has a good rep, but i still cannot get past a midget OL coach. I would take Atkins over him.

Kevin Steele as DC. I would take any other DC in the country over him. Here is to hoping he gets to know the boosters again.

Now this guy from Georgia. Would easily take Woodson over him. So where is this whole Miami is lapping us coming from?

Kinihun25
Posted on 16 hrs, V I P, User Since 40 months ago, User Post Count: 8393
16 hrs
VIP
40 months
One thing we can agree on as good as UGA's defense was their secondary was very average for the amount of star power they got back there especially how go their pass rush is. If Bama's receivers didn't get hurt they would have been toast.

Chris333333
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 88 months ago, User Post Count: 11312
14 hrs
VIP
88 months
For what it’s worth
He would be the third DB coach there, behind
Kirby ( always coached the secondary)
Muschamp ( has experience coaching the DB)
And then this guy.

Lathius
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 218 months ago, User Post Count: 5241
13 hrs
VIP
218 months

Nope. I wouldn't touch Steele no matter who the alternatives are. The guy should be done after the ***** show he started at Auburn.

You think a trophy makes him a better coordinator? Would you want the offense that Michigan ran? I wouldn't and his goodbye to players makes it obvious Harbaugh didn't see him that way.

Noles247

gordonsolie20

Canes poach Addae from UGA13VIP

Back To Topics

Page #
Chris333333 avatar
Chris333333
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 88 months ago, User Post Count: 11312
14 hrs
VIP
88 months
For what it’s worth
He would be the third DB coach there, behind
Kirby ( always coached the secondary)
Muschamp ( has experience coaching the DB)
And then this guy.

1 upvotes1

fishbrain avatar
fishbrain
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 205 months ago, User Post Count: 7383
14 hrs
VIP
205 months
I wouldn't call it poaching, you're giving them too much credit. That doesn't mean he won't be a solid addition but carry on..

1 upvotes1

unoah
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 134 months ago, User Post Count: 121
14 hrs
VIP
134 months
Lathius said... (original post) Yeah, i know. You are having a hard time keeping up.

show more
Assumption and reality, one you have a good grasp on.

Hey if you want to marganilize acquiring an OC and a DB from two programs and coaches that carry weight in college football.

We will see how it plays out.

This post was edited by unoah 15 hours ago

2 upvotes2

fsucb400
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 195 months ago, User Post Count: 4597
14 hrs
VIP
195 months
SoFla_Nole said... (original post) “Meh hire, he was pushed out of Georgia.” “Miami getting sloppy seconds again.” Expect those comments coming up.

show more
At this point I think if they landed Sean McVay the hire would be ****ed on here

9 upvotes9

Lathius
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 218 months ago, User Post Count: 5241
14 hrs
VIP
218 months
unoah said... (original post) Perception and reality, one you have a good grasp on.Hey if you want to marganilize plucking an OC and a DB from two programs and coaches that carry ...

show more

I would give more weight to winning a bidding war for said coaches. When they are not fighting to keep them then there are reasons. Now does that make them a bad hire? No. They may be great coaches that need a new start or they may have issues that make them unwanted. I don't know those answers, but i am not going to say great hire to one that doesn't impress me.

Feld and TRob are the only hires i have thought were impressive thus far. Robinson of course left.

Now for context, the only hires i thought that were impressive for Norvell was Woodson, YAC, Odell and Dilly. I thought the rest were solid and Atkins has shown he was an impressive hire since arriving.
This post was edited by Lathius 14 hours ago

1 upvotes1

Noles95
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 98 months ago, User Post Count: 1850
14 hrs
VIP
98 months
SoFla_Nole said... (original post) “Meh hire, he was pushed out of Georgia.” “Miami getting sloppy seconds again.” Expect those comments coming up.

show more
SoFla_Cane is back

SoFla_Nole avatar
SoFla_Nole
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 6 months ago, User Post Count: 113
14 hrs
VIP
6 months
Lathius said... (original post) I would give more weight to winning a bidding war for said coaches. When they are not fighting to keep them then there are reasons. Now does that m...

show more
Serious question- has YAC done anything notable at FSU? Either in recruiting or on the field. He gets high praise, but haven’t seen much from him from a recruiting standpoint.

1 upvotes1

unoah
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 134 months ago, User Post Count: 121
14 hrs
VIP
134 months
Lathius said... (original post) I would give more weight to winning a bidding war for said coaches. When they are not fighting to keep them then there are reasons. Now does that m...

show more
Fair.

1 upvotes1

Njnoles avatar
Njnoles
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 130 months ago, User Post Count: 12419
14 hrs
VIP
130 months
Lathius said... (original post)

I don't get the infatuation with these hires. They are not even as good as the hires you all are now complaining about Norvell for.

Gattis coming from the big 10, not exactly the ties you all want from our hires and don't think he is an offensive savant. Could he be a good fit, absolutely, but i would take Atkins over this move.

Kevin Smith from Ole Miss. Don't know much about him at all which is a bit suprising with him being at Ole Miss. Again, won't know until he is there. I would prefer YAC over him.

Alex Mirabel has a good rep, but i still cannot get past a midget OL coach. I would take Atkins over him.

Kevin Steele as DC. I would take any other DC in the country over him. Here is to hoping he gets to know the boosters again.

Now this guy from Georgia. Would easily take Woodson over him. So where is this whole Miami is lapping us coming from?

show less
Might be the most homer post ever. Gattis won coordinator of the year, Fuller hasn’t had any defenses as good as Steele‘s best 5.

13 upvotes13

BigErn avatar
BigErn
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 128 months ago, User Post Count: 26558
14 hrs
VIP
128 months
SoFla_Nole said... (original post) Serious question- has YAC done anything notable at FSU? Either in recruiting or on the field. He gets high praise, but haven’t seen much from hi...

show more

Not really. At the moment our recruiters are Norvell, Woodson and Atkins. No one else is really moving the needle over here. FSU has to win their way out of this mess and it's gonna be a minute.

BigErn avatar
BigErn
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 128 months ago, User Post Count: 26558
13 hrs
VIP
128 months
fsucb400 said... (original post) At this point I think if they landed Sean McVay the hire would be ****ed on here

show more

There's definitely a rival fan bias to a lot of it. But I was honestly expecting more from their hires. You can't pretend the coordinators were plan As or Bs. Gattis basically fell in their laps.
This post was edited by BigErn 14 hours ago

1 upvotes1

Lathius
13 hrs
VIP
218 months
Njnoles said... (original post) Might be the most homer post ever. Gattis won coordinator of the year, Fuller hasn’t had any defenses as good as Steele‘s best 5.

show more

Nope. I wouldn't touch Steele no matter who the alternatives are. The guy should be done after the ***** show he started at Auburn.

You think a trophy makes him a better coordinator? Would you want the offense that Michigan ran? I wouldn't and his goodbye to players makes it obvious Harbaugh didn't see him that way.

SoFla_Nole avatar
SoFla_Nole
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 6 months ago, User Post Count: 113
13 hrs
VIP
6 months
Lathius said... (original post) Nope. I wouldn't touch Steele no matter who the alternatives are. The guy should be done after the ***** show he started at Auburn. You think ...

show more
If Harbaugh wanted him gone, why was he still around? Why did he get a contract extension prior to the season?

1 upvotes1

Ninozowi avatar
Ninozowi
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 26 months ago, User Post Count: 2756
13 hrs
VIP
26 months
Lathius said... (original post) Nah i just realize a guy that only manages 2500 yards passing with his starting QB and talent advantages just may not be the genius you guys are sa...

show more
I looked him up when he was hired and felt the same way. I think his accolades were the result of being on a staff of a playoff team. My recollection was they were run heavy, but not very explosive, fairly efficient. Also, it's always hard to judge how good someone is when they've only done it for a few years - one of which was Covid. So, yea, not a bad hire by any means. I just don't know how good it is.

1 upvotes1

PCseminole
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 9 months ago, User Post Count: 1292
13 hrs
VIP
9 months
JJH10 said... (original post) Aside from Adam Fuller, Norvell made good hires on the way in. Though it’s not great to whiff on your most important hire.Woodson and Dilly from Aubu...

show more
Going with my gut here but I think Tokarz will end up being really great on the trail. The fact that the first recruit he managed to get on campus during his first ever primary recruiting gig was the #1 player in the 2024 cycle may be very promising.

1 upvotes1

Lathius
13 hrs
VIP
218 months

Much like Marve. Why fire someone you know is looking to leave. If Harbaugh wanted him there then the text he sent saying he wasn't wanted doesn't happen. It is that simple. You fight to keep those you want. You let them move on when you don't think they matter.

PCseminole
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 9 months ago, User Post Count: 1292
13 hrs
VIP
9 months

Very much agree with that last point! At face value, all these staff members look to be really good, but dig a little deeper and there is some not so pretty details. Steele is best known for backstabbing his boss to try and take his job, Gattis was disgruntled that he wasn't considered for a HC position & Addae is rumored to have been dead weight on the coaching staff. All big name hires and good recruiters, but none of them decided to go there out of any desire to work with Mario or for appreciation of Miami. They're all castaways and the foundation for that staff looks like it's built on sand. Time will tell but to me it looks very....Taggartesque

LOL

Advertisement
Back