Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
I don't know if 6-6/6-7 is a whole helluva lot better than 5-7. Unless a bunch of boosters want to buy tickets to a bowl game in Boise just to celebrate Covid ending...
It’s crazy that their mods are selling their fans on a Top 10 class with a 6-6 record. That would like include getting destroyed by Miami, ND, Clemson, FSU, and UNC. Unless they plan on over signing to juice the ranking, I just don’t see it. Especially when they’ll need to rely on the portal again as well. That two deep looks bad.

It’s crazy that their mods are selling their fans on a Top 10 class with a 6-6 record. That would like include getting destroyed by Miami, ND, Clemson, FSU, and UNC. Unless they plan on over signing to juice the ranking, I just don’t see it. Especially when they’ll need to rely on the portal again as well. That two deep looks bad.

Yeah, I don't think that this gets enough attention.

Miami fans (not all, but a significant number) yap about "win and they will come" and how we really need to win 10 or 11 games in this regular season just to have a shot at a good recruiting class.

Meanwhile, F$U fans act like they will have a consensus #1 class if they can go .500, as if the mere whiff of "progress" will be enough to make the recruits forget about horrible losses to ND (in Doak), Miami (in Doak), Florida (in Hogtown, but any recruit considering F$U can probably get a ticket for this game), and potentially 1 or 2 home losses to Louisville and/or NC State.

We already know how Clemson and UNC will play out as road games.

Sheeee-it, what "impressive" home games will F$U have for their recruits? Jacksonville State or UMass? Syracuse?

As for "oversigning", I just don't see it. On their board, they were talking about having one more spot for a transfer, thus if they max out 2021-and-prior IC numbers, they would be back to 25 for 2022.

Advertisement
FB_IMG_1619040810507.jpg

Advertisement
Those recruits showed up for their spring game and saw all them little guys running around in those funky foam helmets and said fck this ...

if they’d have closed the scrimmage down they at least would have had the chance to make their players look bigger and those funky helmets look smaller before they sent the film out...

Yeah, I don't think that this gets enough attention.

Miami fans (not all, but a significant number) yap about "win and they will come" and how we really need to win 10 or 11 games in this regular season just to have a shot at a good recruiting class.

Meanwhile, F$U fans act like they will have a consensus #1 class if they can go .500, as if the mere whiff of "progress" will be enough to make the recruits forget about horrible losses to ND (in Doak), Miami (in Doak), Florida (in Hogtown, but any recruit considering F$U can probably get a ticket for this game), and potentially 1 or 2 home losses to Louisville and/or NC State.

We already know how Clemson and UNC will play out as road games.

Sheeee-it, what "impressive" home games will F$U have for their recruits? Jacksonville State or UMass? Syracuse?

As for "oversigning", I just don't see it. On their board, they were talking about having one more spot for a transfer, thus if they max out 2021-and-prior IC numbers, they would be back to 25 for 2022.

I think the argument is that this is Norvell's honeymoon year. But 3-6 last year (would have been more if they had played their schedule) and a losing season this year will kill any hopes for that. He better have a deep board, because he'll need to turn to Plan Bs and Cs really quickly once the season gets going.

Advertisement
Norvell needs to go 6-6 to tie Willies FSU record

This is where it gets fun....

Norvell has that kind of season or worse and you know people will start saying Norvell should be fired like Willie. If they don't fire him then Willie didnt get a fair chance at FSU and Norvell did.....

Uncle Luke will surely chime in

At what point do they stop blaming jimbo? This will now be the fourth season since jimbo. Did we blame al golden mannys first year ?
They’re in the situation they’re in because of Jimbo. He sold the team’s soul for that natty in 2013 and lost control over the program. The locker room has been a cesspool since. They need a top to bottom rebuild but the fans don’t have that kind of patience so they’ll continue to hire and fire guys after a couple of years until they can find someone to stabilize the program. It’s eerily similar to what happened here under Coker. It’s taken a long time and a bunch of trial and error just to get the team competitive again and we’re nowhere near out of the forest yet. It’s not a quick fix or an easy turnaround. Teams like Texas, USC, Tennessee, and until recently, Notre Dame have been floundering for over a decade now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back