Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Have to love updates like this. They have "spoken about the opportunity." Them calling his agent and his agent saying not interested would fall under "spoken about the opportunity." I guess at least their AD has taken more than 6 hours to gauge other people's interest and allow them to say no.

Same as I said when they thought they were getting Bob Stoops... I have no insider knowledge, just a disappointing amount of common sense and critical thinking, and I can tell you there is a 0% chance that James Franklin is going to Florida State. Why would he possibly leave a program that is in the top 5-10, is in his home area, has a packed house every weekend, and he has spent a couple of years rebuilding to go to that situation. Any combination of firing Taggart in less than 2 years, the financial situation, the AD/Booster Club dynamic, and state of the program would be enough to deter top candidates, but to have all four of them is nuts. I actually have no idea how a large state school even managed the financial situation that they are in.
Bingo

Advertisement
Heard a national podcast say that Franklin would love to have better access to Florida recruits. That aside, nothing else about it make sense. The most likely scenario is that he's just trying to get a raise/extension out of PSU.

1000%. He will get a fat raise with guaranteed money. Why go to a school that didn't let the previous coach (who took over a dumpster fire) have even two full recruiting classes? Good coaches at other programs aren't going to like how that went down. I'd be shocked if they get anyone other than a coordinator/assistant coach as a HC.

FSU getting played by Franklin. He’s wanting that out there so USC will Fire Helton

Any agent or coach who doesn’t at least talk with FSU isn’t worth their pay. It’s simple supply and demand. Later they can leak (whether true or not) that FSU is interested and leverage that for more money, better facilities, more time to turn a program around, or basically whatever they want. Create a sense that the coach is in demand, whether it is true or not.

Franklin has almost zero incentive to go to FSU. He has a program running with his guys how he wants it. The only realistic better opportunity is USC because he would get the same talent level in his sleep and could likely get paid more, demand more resources, and take his current success to the next level. Even USC would be a risk that Franklin doesn’t need to take.

Advertisement
Did I read that right that they said (hope) that they have their guy but are just waiting a few weeks to say it? Hope they wait until after early signing period. That would be a great strategy. Actually, wait all the way until after regular signing day too.

What's Franklin's buy out?

$1 mil.

There are obviously worse choices out there but them getting the over "caffeinated" black Al Golden in Tally wouldn't scare me at all. As was mentioned, I think he'd go to USC (if they're dumb enough to offer) over Tally. He's already been exposed by superior coaches in the Big Ten. He's not going to want to be immediately exposed as Dabo's new *****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back