Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Feldman keeps saying mike norvell is the name he keeps hearing.

Didnt Fuente do a better job then him 😎
Norvell would be fine with me. He’s riding Fuente’s wave at Memphis right now. No P5 experience either. Just about anything would be an upgrade over Willie, but Norvell would likely be a 4-5 loss a year guy.

Advertisement
Possibly, but it would be an undersized stadium now. Something bigger than the Lockhart stadium, but not that much larger.

There's a University of Miami yearbook from 1980/1981 that I saw when I was there that had a feature on the 40,000 seat stadium that Schelly wanted to build. Had Howard stayed long-term, I think he eventually would have gotten it. Presume it opened in 1989. Miami would be incurring additional expense in maintenance, but also would be looking to expand it and renovate it. That's where the debt is incurred, debt that Colorado State, California, Akron, and other schools are suffering from.
There's absolutely NO room for a on campus stadium...entire campus is only 220 acres...
* Coral Gables would NEVER allow it
* Roads would be a complete F-ing nightmare if we even had the acreage...
* US1 and the Palmetto ain't cutting it...

Maybe manny can use his political connections and make it happen. Take over all of tropical park. But man imagine the traffic on bird
Nothing compared to trying to get to UVA game on a Friday night On 95. 2 hours.
Tropical is a stones throw from gables. Palmetto right there, Miller and bird entrance. 6 days a year.

There's absolutely NO room for a on campus stadium...entire campus is only 220 acres...
All of this. People forget that the basketball stadium was built to hold 10k, but the city won't permit capacity above 8k for the 2 games or events a year that may go above that amount. 16 years later and we essentially have cinder blocks instead of 2k more seats.

There was still room for the stadium itself in 1981 when Howard was pushing for it. Now? No, as you said - unless UM starts buying land and gets the city of Coral Gables to rezone that land. I remember that they had problems for years just getting the basketball facility built.

The only place you could put a stadium at on campus would be if you filled in Lake Osceola. But if you did that, where then do the crocodiles, manatees, and barracuda go?

Advertisement
There was still room for the stadium itself in 1981 when Howard was pushing for it. Now? No, as you said - unless UM starts buying land and gets the city of Coral Gables to rezone that land. I remember that they had problems for years just getting the basketball facility built.

The only place you could put a stadium at on campus would be if you filled in Lake Osceola. But if you did that, where then do the crocodiles, manatees, and barracuda go?
Ain't happening...Coral Gables couldn't care less about UM...Never did....

Norvell would be fine with me. He’s riding Fuente’s wave at Memphis right now. No P5 experience either. Just about anything would be an upgrade over Willie, but Norvell would likely be a 4-5 loss a year guy.
He'd have to hire a stud DC (maybe keep Leavitt on). Otherwise, he won't last very long there. I know he has his fans, but I don't see it with him. He'd be another Fuente. Successful. Win the occasional big game here or there. But he'll take 3 to 4 losses every year at FSU imo and he'll recruit at a lower level than Willie.

Can we get the deion Sanders talk on here? Anyone have warchant posts regarding the situation?

They're not taking too kindly to it, understandably.

FSU search 1.JPG

FSU search 2.JPG

Advertisement
Hope the AD rides the wave with all of these talking heads begging FSU to go clown show with a Primetime as HC...

They know it will fail but people will watch with popcorn in their hands

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back