Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

It's a dumpster fire up inTrailerhassee. Not that I think preseason polls are worth a d@mn, but f$u isn't making anyone's list.

They weren't even in the "others receiving votes" category of the AP, which means they received ZERO top 25 votes. That places them behind at least 6 ACC schools (Clemson, Syracuse, Miami, UVA, Cincinnati, VT). In the corches' poll, they managed a total of 4 votes in the "others receiving votes" category, but were behind 9 ACC schools (Clemson, Syracuse, Miami, VT, UVA, Cincinnati, NC State, Duke, and BC).

I can't remember a year where F$U received ZERO votes in the preseason AP, or started the year 46th in the corches' pool. We really need to beat the brakes off them this year.

I respect the sentiment... but I don't think Cincy is in the ACC? Still a sad showing!

Advertisement

Great thread here on FSU’s prospects this season. Basically the odds are against them to win more than 7 games this year. They lost SIX games last year by 19+ points. They were much closer to 3-9 than they were to 7-5 and that’s an undeniable fact. I think most rational people expect them to be improved. Don’t really think you can be worse. But what should’ve been a 3 win team to anything over 7 is probably a little too unrealistic. 7-5 in Tally this year will make the natives VERY restless.

Great thread here on FSU’s prospects this season. Basically the odds are against them to win more than 7 games this year. They lost SIX games last year by 19+ points. They were much closer to 3-9 than they were to 7-5 and that’s an undeniable fact. I think most rational people expect them to be improved. Don’t really think you can be worse. But what should’ve been a 3 win team to anything over 7 is probably a little too unrealistic. 7-5 in Tally this year will make the natives VERY restless.

What a sweet site that’d be to see Willie Vanilli get 6-7 wins. Then the Nole fan base talk it up like it’s a big improvement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Wow. I didn't even realize this. Like most people, I assume FSU is going to be better this year. The numbers suggest they won't be much better though. Teams that get blown out a lot don't randomly become winning teams a year later. There's a measure of randomness that can affect teams that have a lot of one possession games (Miami 2017 and 2018) but if you're losing by 3+ scores on a regular basis, it's not bad luck, it's not small mistakes, you're just a bad team.

Wow. I didn't even realize this. Like most people, I assume FSU is going to be better this year. The numbers suggest they won't be much better though. Teams that get blown out a lot don't randomly become winning teams a year later. There's a measure of randomness that can affect teams that have a lot of one possession games (Miami 2017 and 2018) but if you're losing by 3+ scores on a regular basis, it's not bad luck, it's not small mistakes, you're just a bad team.

Well said. The data speaks for itself. I think they’ll be pretty significantly improved as well, because they literally can’t be worse and I think Briles is a star. But those numbers speak volumes. They were so bad last year that even if they’re a decent bit better, they’re still probably a 7 win team. Crazy.

Who has access to this thread I'm sure its interesting.....
20190824_134904.jpg

Advertisement
Back