Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
This dude ever hear about trademark/copyright infringement?

Disney don’t play that shlt.

I’m actually not joking. It’s a total violation. He’ll be talking it down soon.

Maybe. He's not exactly profiting off of it, so it might fall under fair use/public domain? But totally agreed that Disney DOES NOT PLAY when it comes to copyright infringement.

Also I am not a lawyer so if you are I'll take your word for it.

Is it wrong that I'm more excited about the complete disaster we're about to witness at Florida State than I am about how good the Canes are going to be the next several years?

I'm already having a blast with Taggart and the season hasn't even started.

Taggart is awful and that tweet is pedophile type ****. If he is such a good coach how come after he leaves USF Strong comes in after a terrible job at UT and wins more games with Taggart's players. Not only that Strong did it with spread offense guys and he has always been more of a pro style offense guy.

Advertisement
Maybe. He's not exactly profiting off of it, so it might fall under fair use/public domain? But totally agreed that Disney DOES NOT PLAY when it comes to copyright infringement.

Also I am not a lawyer so if you are I'll take your word for it.

I'm not a lawyer either, but you don’t have to be a for profit to infringe. I just know for a fact Disney jealously guards its image, intellectual property, etc. It’s not exactly a secret, there are thousands of actions they’ve taken...

The only question is whether Disney bothers with it.

I'm not a lawyer either, but you don’t have to be a for profit to infringe. I just know for a fact Disney jealously guards its image, intellectual property, etc. It’s not exactly a secret, there are thousands of actions they’ve taken...

The only question is whether Disney bothers with it.

Either way it's nothing more than a phone call. FSU gets a ring from Disney lawyer, post gets deleted. IF it didn't, you've got a cease and desist coming by Monday. I think I was told by a professor at Miami that Disney has the biggest army of copyright/trademark lawyers on earth. So yeah, I know they take it super seriously.

I think legally the use of an image from Disney would be the problem. If someone else had drawn Mickey Mouse they might get away with it, because the character is definitely part of the public domain and therefore fair use (not for profilt) applies.

This dude ever hear about trademark/copyright infringement?

Disney don’t play that shlt.

I’m actually not joking. It’s a total violation. He’ll be talking it down soon.

He'll be taking it down because he's got to have at least one person on staff who will let him in on how corny it is. But getting sued by Disney would be hilarious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Taggart is awful and that tweet is pedophile type ****. If he is such a good coach how come after he leaves USF Strong comes in after a terrible job at UT and wins more games with Taggart's players. Not only that Strong did it with spread offense guys and he has always been more of a pro style offense guy.

That explains why he was bumping Afrika Bambaataa at the practices. They both got a little sugar in their tank.

Advertisement
Either way it's nothing more than a phone call. FSU gets a ring from Disney lawyer, post gets deleted. IF it didn't, you've got a cease and desist coming by Monday. I think I was told by a professor at Miami that Disney has the biggest army of copyright/trademark lawyers on earth. So yeah, I know they take it super seriously.

I think legally the use of an image from Disney would be the problem. If someone else had drawn Mickey Mouse they might get away with it, because the character is definitely part of the public domain and therefore fair use (not for profilt) applies.

He'll be taking it down because he's got to have at least one person on staff who will let him in on how corny it is. But getting sued by Disney would be hilarious.

Of course, I don’t think Disney would actually sue. They never do.

Like it was said, virtually 100% of the time it’s a cease and desist letter. Sometimes, the offender takes it down without Disney even lifting a finger.

It’s not THAT big a deal but it is a deal.

Think of it this way.

Put yourself in Willie’s position. I’m sure some of you work for some large or mid sized companies that have twitter accounts.

Now think of FSU, which is a large, state taxpayer funded organization, as basically a large company like the one you work for. Can you imagine you sending out a tweet on your company’s behalf using Disney intellectual property without getting first permission from Disney and your legal department. You wouldn’t do it. You could easily get fired.

Now this is college football, so it’s not a big deal like that would be, but the mouse doesn’t go into the public domain until like 2024, until then, you’re technically supposed to get permission for promotional use....and that was promotional use.

Advertisement
Back