Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

FB_IMG_1690063073622.jpg

Advertisement
You are 100% correct. They are totally bought into having a playoff team. I think Jordan Travis was talking about winning a natty. They don't have a roster even close to winning a natty or making the playoffs. Last year's 10-3 could have been an 8-5 or 7-6 season with close one score wins (3/4 were 3 points or less) over UF, OU, LSU, and Louisville, but they keep drinking the Jim Jones Kool-Aide.

I would absolutely love to roll into Tally and hand them a big fat "L" eliminating them from the ACC championship game. I think we have more talent than they do. It's just a big unknown with so many new players and new schemes on both sides of the ball. They have an established team and should be optimistic, but not delusional with their fans and players alike.
💯.
They over achieved big time last year.
They did improve from 2 years ago, especially at OL and with Travis improvement in throwing the ball, but they also had a lot of close games that went their way. I have a feeling it will even out this year and they lose some of those close games this year. Their roster doesn’t impress me much.

Advertisement
💯.
They over achieved big time last year.
They did improve from 2 years ago, especially at OL and with Travis improvement in throwing the ball, but they also had a lot of close games that went their way. I have a feeling it will even out this year and they lose some of those close games this year. Their roster doesn’t impress me much.
Got very lucky catching LSU game 1. This year that LSU team will be even better and ready for them.

True. For all the talk about how awful Gattis’ play calling was, the part that doesn’t get mentioned enough was how equally unimpressive his recruiting was. Some might point to the fact that we signed Ray Ray and Robby but let’s be honest...they both love Miami and they were literal slam dunks who any recruiter with a pulse could have gotten them to sign. I feel like Gattis had very little, if anything, to do with that. Let’s just say Gattis’ effort seemed extremely “lacking” when it pertains to recruiting.
That ****wad single handedly set the program back two years.
Thank the lord, he is no longer the OC here.
I blame Mario for hiring him, but got to give him credit for correcting that mistake right away.
I can’t believe he found another job as OC at a P5 program.

Their top ones are all portal guys. All their HS recruits have ended up being jags.
I don’t think they’re prepared how hard they’re gonna crater after Travis, Coleman, & Co. are gone. They’ve got 85% of their offensive production from last year coming back, and most of those guys are gone after this year. They’ve averaged the 20th ranked class the past three years.

They haven’t done the work in high school recruiting to sustain success long term. Take a look at Mel Tucker to see what happens when 1 portal class doesn’t work out.

They have a good chance of being a double digit win team this year. I think they’re a 7-win team in 2024 with how their roster’s looking it will be.

Advertisement
Got very lucky catching LSU game 1. This year that LSU team will be even better and ready for them.
Night and day approach going from hunting to being the hunted. Teams will now view you as their Natty for the year. Ain't no sneaking up on anybody. LSu will be locked in, and Clemson will be locked in. Hopefully, Duke, Pitt, and us come to play. The rest of their schedule is cheeks.

Night and day approach going from hunting to being the hunted. Teams will now view you as their Natty for the year. Ain't no sneaking up on anybody. LSu will be locked in, and Clemson will be locked in. Hopefully, Duke, Pitt, and us come to play. The rest of their schedule is cheeks.
They have a lot of experience coming back so I expect them to still be solid, I won't let my hatred of them cloud objective football judgment, but I honestly don't see them beating LSU or Clemson. Travis lives off of the broken plays and the aforementioned squads have the athletes on the 2nd level to keep that in check. Harold Perkins will likely be spying Travis most of the game.

They have a lot of experience coming back so I expect them to still be solid, I won't let my hatred of them cloud objective football judgment, but I honestly don't see them beating LSU or Clemson. Travis lives off of the broken plays and the aforementioned squads have the athletes on the 2nd level to keep that in check. Harold Perkins will likely be spying Travis most of the game.
I see the same also Clemson doesn't play anyone before the FSU game so I'm sure they will have some good plays cooked up with the new OC. Then every year they lose to atleast 1 team they shouldn't with Norvell so I see 3 losses.

Advertisement
On paper, Miami's defensive end room is truly elite. Mario has done an outstanding job recruiting here. Talent stacked upon talent.
I would say a notch below. Need a 1st round starter to be elite IMO. If Kelly becomes that guy I am with you for 2023.

Looks even better in the future on paper.

Also, thanks for sharing the roster comparisons. Too many giving FSU over the top credit.

They are closer to 8-4 than they are 11-1.

Advertisement

Don't want to derail, but have a Poseidon Adventure question...
Before climbing up the Christmas Tree, why did Reverend Scott (Gene Hackman) have Pamela Sue Martin and Stella Stevens take their dresses off...
but NOT Stella Stevens??

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back