Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Concerned slurper trying to calm his paid subs.

View attachment 242928

I actually bet a friend of mine that they won’t have a Top 10 class. I just don’t see how it’s possible unless they do something totally insane like sweep the Chaminade kids. They’re just not in the game for enough Top 100 kids to get a top 10 class. If they don’t sign any of the 3 Chaminade kids, I just don’t know how it’s possible.

I actually bet a friend of mine that they won’t have a Top 10 class. I just don’t see how it’s possible unless they do something totally insane like sweep the Chaminade kids. They’re just not in the game for enough Top 100 kids to get a top 10 class. If they don’t sign any of the 3 Chaminade kids, I just don’t know how it’s possible.
To be fair, as long as they continue to focus their resources on the portal the high school portion of the class is less relevant. The question will be for them (and for us, as we have almost as many portal players, albeit we have more players with more eligibility) is whether the portal model can be sustainable.

You should make sure that the bet is limited to HS recruiting. Only God knows if Prison Mike Norvell will sign another 25 Portal guys next spring.

Advertisement
To be fair, as long as they continue to focus their resources on the portal the high school portion of the class is less relevant. The question will be for them (and for us, as we have almost as many portal players, albeit we have more players with more eligibility) is whether the portal model can be sustainable.
It’s going to be tough for any team to sustain themselves by going so portal heavy simply because pre-covid rules regarding roster size and class size either are already back or will be back soon. I know we’re back to the 85 scholarship limit and I believe this is the last season before we go back to 25 counters per season. It will be impossible to sustain depth if you’re using a significant number of counters on one year rentals versus high school players who will give you 3-5 years of service. I know I was concerned when Manny was going so portal heavy. The hopes were that he would just patch holes with transfers until they could start recruiting high schoolers more consistently. It’s a good tool to get some immediate turnaround on a roster but if you’re still hitting the portal hard after three years, you’re fighting an uphill battle

You should make sure that the bet is limited to HS recruiting. Only God knows if Prison Mike Norvell will sign another 25 Portal guys next spring.
Wish recruiting sites would take portal outs into account. It should be net gains.

Schools (including UM) shouldn’t get class rating bumps bc they sign 15 four stars in portal when 12 four stars left… just seems odd to me.

Advertisement

Mercenaries have no loyalty.

Funny thing is they try to take credit for developing players that have been almost fully baked out of the portal. They're picking up mostly one and done kids that need a little more film.

Counters will catch up to these Fookers! Prison Mike can’t recruit HS kids and those that do commit to him need to see a therapist..

FSPoo!! 😂🤣😂🤣

It’s going to be tough for any team to sustain themselves by going so portal heavy simply because pre-covid rules regarding roster size and class size either are already back or will be back soon. I know we’re back to the 85 scholarship limit and I believe this is the last season before we go back to 25 counters per season. It will be impossible to sustain depth if you’re using a significant number of counters on one year rentals versus high school players who will give you 3-5 years of service. I know I was concerned when Manny was going so portal heavy. The hopes were that he would just patch holes with transfers until they could start recruiting high schoolers more consistently. It’s a good tool to get some immediate turnaround on a roster but if you’re still hitting the portal hard after three years, you’re fighting an uphill battle

It’s going to be a fascinating case-study. In this new portal era, no P5 school has really taken this approach. I personally don’t think you can have a sustainable program doing it this way, but they’re going all-in this year in hopes of having such a successful season that they start to attract Top 10 classes even though Norvell and his staff can’t recruit HS players for ****.

Will be really interesting to watch.

Advertisement
Wish recruiting sites would take portal outs into account. It should be net gains.

Schools (including UM) shouldn’t get class rating bumps bc they sign 15 four stars in portal when 12 four stars left… just seems odd to me.

At least 247 has rankings of JUST HS, JUST Portal, and Combined.

Though I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit confused by this math. If we have the 7th best HS class and the 7th best Portal class, wouldn't that mean....

1687285583480.png

Oh, and BY FAR, this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the 247 recruiting boards....now THAT is a roster flip...

1687285749734.png

At least 247 has rankings of JUST HS, JUST Portal, and Combined.

Though I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit confused by this math. If we have the 7th best HS class and the 7th best Portal class, wouldn't that mean....

View attachment 243169

Oh, and BY FAR, this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the 247 recruiting boards....now THAT is a roster flip...

View attachment 243170
Holy ****. 72?! 🤣

It would unfairly punish smaller schools. For the most part, the G5 stars that are transferring to bigger programs get ratings bumps while guys leaving big schools for smaller programs get demoted.

Advertisement

You can easily put even an "educated" (by FU/F$U standards) rival fan in a box with this stuff.

Today a co-worker of mine was talking boldly. I told him FU's recruiting class was smoke and mirrors. He disagreed, so I offered to bet him $1K against his $500 that UF won't end up with a top 5 class. He said top 5 was a bit "too high." At that point, I explained to him FU's class was ranked No. 4 yesterday and is No. 3 today, so his refusal to take the bet (with 2:1 odds in his favor) is a tacit acknowledgement that even he expects FU's class to go backwards in the rankings over time.

He waffled, so I asked him to offer me the same bet with UM and a top 7 class. He refused and said top 7 was too low. I laughed and reminded him that he'd just been laughing about UM being ranked No. 23 compared to FU's No. 3, but he isn't willing to bet (with odds in his favor) that FU ends in the top 5 (notwithstanding their current top 3 class) or that UM ends up outside the top 7. His mouth was running wild in one direction, but his wallet was saying "I expect UM's class to greatly improve in the final rankings while FU's class falls off."

Too easy.

Advertisement
Back