Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
I'm not dismissing the possibility of FSU having a good year, but the likelihood of their playoff fantasy being derailed by LSU is high. LSU is more talented and will be playing ****ed after last year.
I think they would need to lose to LSU and Clemson to have it derailed. I'm hoping they lose those 2 and then slip on a game that they shouldn't.

Advertisement
Their passing offense is designed for travis to run around like a chicken with his head cut off and throw it up to wilson and now coleman

I remember when we thought we were winning the ACC and going to the playoff in 2018. Then our senior quarterback, coming off a career year, regressed to the mean. The ball didn’t bounce our way in every close game and by the end of the year we were a 7-6 team.

I remember when we thought we were winning the ACC and going to the playoff in 2018. Then our senior quarterback, coming off a career year, regressed to the mean. The ball didn’t bounce our way in every close game and by the end of the year we were a 7-6 team.
We even started that year opening against LSU. It’s eerie how, on the surface, FSU has so many similarities with that team.

We even started that year opening against LSU. It’s eerie how, on the surface, FSU has so many similarities with that team.
Remembering that year, we also lost our top wide receiver in Game 1 - ultimately for his career. A couple of things I remember about that season as well:

1) Starting a lot of first and second year players on offense (J Thomas, B Jordan, W Mallory)
2) Offensive line deterioration
3) Opponents figured out the Richt offense
4) After the FSU win to put us as 5-1, we struggled offensively for most of the remainder of the season

Advertisement
We all learned a little bit how the world of college football can be in 2018. We were preseason #8 in the AP poll and brought back a vast majority of the production from 2017. The logical thinking was "If we won 10 in 2017 and bring back almost everybody, we'll definitely improve this year." Those close game bounces all went the other way in 2018. Our inconsistent quarterback reverted to his sub-par form and the team regressed to 7-6.

I personally think Jordan Travis is a better QB than Malik Rosier and Mike Norvell is probably a better offensive coach than Mark Richt but FSU had one score victories against Louisville, UF and Oklahoma who went a combined 20-19 last year. Not to mention their miracle win against LSU in the first game of the year. Their 4-2 record in one score games could easily become 2-4 this season. I'd say 8 wins is more likely for them than 11.

I think that 2018 team just lost way to much looking back. Braxton Berrios carried us the year before and losing Richard's like you said hurt we also had Herndon the year before. We also had changes were it matters most o line had trash the following year and we replaced Chad Thomas, norton, rj McIntosh Joe Jackson, trent harris, Djax, anthony moten and pat bethel with a lineup of Joe Jackson, pat bethel, Gerald willis, Jon garvin, Scott patchen, Jon ford and tito odenbingo. The 2017 Dline had so much depth I just remember different players stepping up and having big games vs 2018 I only remember Gerald Willis.

It’s the off-season, I find myself visiting the site less and less.
Kobe Bryant GIF

I think that 2018 team just lost way to much looking back. Braxton Berrios carried us the year before and losing Richard's like you said hurt we also had Herndon the year before. We also had changes were it matters most o line had trash the following year and we replaced Chad Thomas, norton, rj McIntosh Joe Jackson, trent harris, Djax, anthony moten and pat bethel with a lineup of Joe Jackson, pat bethel, Gerald willis, Jon garvin, Scott patchen, Jon ford and tito odenbingo. The 2017 Dline had so much depth I just remember different players stepping up and having big games vs 2018 I only remember Gerald Willis.
They pretty much replaced Berrios with Jeff Thomas who was a far more explosive, if less consistent player. And Richards only played in the first half of the 2017 season so they were already used to not having him. The running game actually improved in 2018 from the year prior. The main difference was a HUGE drop-off in quarterback play. They went from a serviceable 54% 242 ypg 26/14 TD/INT ratio with Rosier to 51% 161ypg (pathetic) 19/14 ratio with Perry/Rosier. The stats are even worse if you throw out Perry's 13/6 TD/INT numbers. I mean, what non-triple option team averages 160 yards passing per game?

The defense was significantly better in 2018 though. The 2017 defense was turnover or bust. The 2018 defense was a top 10 defense in almost every major statistical category.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back