Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

How does this thread keep getting lost on the second page.

Remember this is the school that trains clowns and lets you wear a pink backpack on the sidelines during games.

Advertisement
IMG_20230525_125602.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He waded into political shows, did some standup and a radio show, then kind of stopped. He's almost 70. I guess he just decided it was time to quit.

The political stuff was terrible. Not because of the politics, in and of itself. But because for decades, his humor had been smart, smarter-than-most, and it targeted idiots from the left, right, and center.

In pushing one particular viewpoint, it undermined the intelligence of his humor, when he suddenly stops making jokes that target politicians of one particular viewpoint and only makes jokes that target politicians of another particular viewpoint.

I loved Dennis from the minute I saw him on Weekend Update in 1985, but he is just not at the same level of comedian that he once was.

The political stuff was terrible. Not because of the politics, in and of itself. But because for decades, his humor had been smart, smarter-than-most, and it targeted idiots from the left, right, and center.

In pushing one particular viewpoint, it undermined the intelligence of his humor, when he suddenly stops making jokes that target politicians of one particular viewpoint and only makes jokes that target politicians of another particular viewpoint.

I loved Dennis from the minute I saw him on Weekend Update in 1985, but he is just not at the same level of comedian that he once was.
I chalk it up to the polarization that's happened. A person no longer has a different viewpoint, Now they're the other side and worthy of hate. Political humor is now mocking opponents and painting them as subhuman. There's no place in this world for a Mark Russell type comedian.

I chalk it up to the polarization that's happened. A person no longer has a different viewpoint, Now they're the other side and worthy of hate. Political humor is now mocking opponents and painting them as subhuman. There's no place in this world for a Mark Russell type comedian.

Personally, I don't care what "side" a person is on. Everyone is entitled to have their viewpoints, that's fine.

I've watched Dennis from Day 1. What he was in 1985, as a comedian, was ******* brilliant. He eviscerated everyone, even the audience.

Now? Not so much.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back