Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Noles think they are in the drivers seat because Mimms loved Atkins the first time around in his recruitment. They want to use all their booster money collected to give him a massive NIL deal. Many are freaking out because Rusty Mansell of UGA board said he believes Canes could be the landing spot.
You are appreciated *2Pac’s voice*. Thanks Hoya!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know how an adult can lie to himself that the height of a coach has more impact than his resume, but these are the same clowns who believe the IPF isn’t a real field.

I have a vendor where the VP is a big FSU fan. I've no idea why, he went to a good non-football school actually, I think a relative played there or something. Being the client, I get to mess with him. A lot. He tried the IFP thing with me, and I sent him a link to the schematics, had him print it out and bring it to our next meeting, and made him count every yard in it, both fields, one by one (ok, by marked 10 yard increments, but one by one would have been more savage: ) and then write the total number of yards on a white board.

There was just a weird, defeated silence after that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have a vendor where the VP is a big FSU fan. I've no idea why, he went to a good non-football school actually, I think a relative played there or something. Being the client, I get to mess with him. A lot. He tried the IFP thing with me, and I sent him a link to the schematics, had him print it out and bring it to our next meeting, and made him count every yard in it, one by one (ok, by marked 10 yard increments, but one by one would have been more savage: ) and then write the total number of yards on a white board.

There was just a weird, defeated silence after that.
It reminds me of Russian propaganda. Lies can be very powerful when repeated over and over again. They can’t accept the two programs are in two opposite trajectories.

I dunno man I’ve had this debate with a lot of football people I know and if Manny finished the season 8-4 and we had a bowl win it could have bought him some time.

The argument was easier once we lost to Fsu
I’ve heard both. Granted, I’m not plugged in by any means, but one person in particular that I know said it wouldn’t have made a difference if we had won at FSU, he was still gone… But when you saw Manny after the tough losses earlier in the season, he looked like a man who knew thisnwas his last season (granted, that was before the 5-1 record to close out the season). either way, as ****ed as I am/was at that loss, I’m so grateful for where we are now, and where we’re headed. Football is on the up, Baseball is doing well, Basketball had a surprisingly good season, T&F seems to be doing well, etc….

Mario and Rad, will do wonders for this program. I pray Mario surpasses Saban, as I know he will try. Go Canes!

Last edited:
I dunno man I’ve had this debate with a lot of football people I know and if Manny finished the season 8-4 and we had a bowl win it could have bought him some time.

The argument was easier once we lost to Fsu

People are entitled to their opinions. But the reality inside of UM is that the decision was already made earlier in the year, and that Manny's dad worked a few Trustees to delay the firing until the end of the year.

Now, in theory, any firing could have been reversed. In theory. But I told people in mid-September that the only way for Manny to save his job was to go undefeated the rest of the way. That issue was decided long before the F$U game.

Advertisement
I’ve heard both. Granted, I’m not plugged in by any means, but one person in particular that I know said it wouldn’t have made a difference if we had won at FSU. He was still gone… But when you saw Manny after the tough losses earlier in the season, he looked like a man who knew thisnwas his last season (granted, that was before the 5-1 record to close out the season). either way, as ****ed as I am/was at that loss, I’m so grateful for where we are now, and where we’re headed. Football is on the up, Baseball is doing well, Basketball had a surprisingly good season, T&F seems to be doing well, etc….

Mario and Rad, will do wonders for this program. I pray Mario surpasses Saban, as I know he will try. Go Canes!

Manny knew the deal. He knew what was happening. I understand his desperate hope, but he knew what was coming.

E62DBD03-C637-4B29-BF57-D91DA632AC2F.jpeg
8A281717-5CCD-4D36-A96C-55571F48BE35.jpeg

Advertisement
People are entitled to their opinions. But the reality inside of UM is that the decision was already made earlier in the year, and that Manny's dad worked a few Trustees to delay the firing until the end of the year.

Now, in theory, any firing could have been reversed. In theory. But I told people in mid-September that the only way for Manny to save his job was to go undefeated the rest of the way. That issue was decided long before the F$U game.

No I can definitely see your point of view as well. I just felt better it would happen after the loss to Fsu

Advertisement
Back