NoDforU

Canesfrom

Sophomore
Premium
One thing i haven't heard this offseason is what we've changed, if anything, from a scheme perspective. Coaches are probably mum on this. But you've got to think given the state of our defense at the end of last season, they've looked at what was causing us issues and improved upon? Cant all be on the players.

Anyone know anything?

Advertisement
dont expect anything different...

golden and co. is running with the cloud affected the defense with a hint of not enough talent

One thing i haven't heard this offseason is what we've changed, if anything, from a scheme perspective. Coaches are probably mum on this. But you've got to think given the state of our defense at the end of last season, they've looked at what was causing us issues and improved upon? Cant all be on the players.

Anyone know anything?

[video=youtube;jAWQsQK61VU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAWQsQK61VU[/video]

Come on dude, I'm so pumped for the game right now there's no time for that tired old time. It feels like the **** Super Bowl right now. I feel like making a $50k donation so I can run through the smoke (I know we're on the road) like that guy that won't be mentioned.

Only thing to think about now is Hit, Stick, and Bust ****! Honestly, has anyone watched that less than 10 times the past few days?

The Parcells/Belicheat System in the eyes of those who run it is flawless and anytime it doesn't work is chalked up to poor execution. So I doubt they change much, sorry to say.

Advertisement
D'Onfrio's downfall is that he uses what has worked for him at Temple and past with mediocre athletes. The moment he realizes he needs to build his defense around the tools that he has at Miami the faster we start winning games. Great coaches and even managers adapt to their personnel and Mark has yet to.

A one, and a two, and a ching-chong Dorito.

gd10_zpsa7220f6a.png

I think a reasonable goal is to hold them to 24.

If Corch D can do that...on the road...I'll get off his back.

Advertisement
Better players = better execution?

They are going to ride with the defense they know and hope that they have the players to execute it now. If they have more trust in the players now, then they should be able to be more aggressive with the looks they're calling. Time will tell, eh? I don't know what anyone would expect them to change at this point. All that's left now is to see if they can make it work.

Anyone know anything?
You didn't hear anything because nothing has changed. Just players knowing the playbook in and out and doing the fundamentals like tackling better.

Advertisement

Anyone know anything?

I know something....you have bad timing. Just enjoy the pregame excitement, bud. NOTHING could be less exciting than a defensive scheme debate on here right now.

I'm just hoping we don't make their QB look like Montana out there tonight like we have with a few QBs the last few years.

Advertisement
The Parcells/Belicheat System in the eyes of those who run it is flawless and anytime it doesn't work is chalked up to poor execution. So I doubt they change much, sorry to say.

Stupid system worked because of LT; Pats defense has sucked since they lost Seymour and Vrabel. System works with certain skills and it must have a superior NT. Even Bama's is not was it was. The flaw is thinking you can grow your own. Parcells has done nothing of worth without LT. Anyone could have a great defense with that drug-crazed maniac.

You'll see in a few hours. Until then, no one has a clue.

Not necessarily. Louisville is trotting out an untested QB with no weapons.

We could look decent, as we did early last season, and it may ultimately mean nothing.

You look good against Petrino and a good team, then you have made improvement. Period. We made corpses look good the last couple years.

Advertisement
Back