Nobody worth a **** is coming to coach here

Unless an entire new coaching staff is brought in and Manny and Blake are gone, no one is coming into this cluster to coach offense or anything else. They’d be better off following the UAB model: Close the program for a year and completely overhaul the entire football operation and get it right this time.

Advertisement
Your underlying point is correct, but theyll come for that bread.

I dont know many men who would turn down the chance to double their salary for at a minimum a year. If Manny gets fired, so what. If you're good and well regarded, you'll land on your feet (ex: Kendal Briles).

If we're paying a million, trust me, the field is wide open..

Last edited:
I think a young up and comer would be the way to go, If he could straighten this chit show out he would be set for life

Unless an entire new coaching staff is brought in and Manny and Blake are gone, no one is coming into this cluster to coach offense or anything else. They’d be better off following the UAB model: Close the program for a year and completely overhaul the entire football operation and get it right this time.

look at me, look at me somebody. Please somebody look at me!

Advertisement
Must be cleaned out at the top--James and Diaz. Other coaches have inside rumor and info in the situation here and are not going to sign in on a Titanic cruise. To believe that changing and OC and maybe another assistant coach or two will work is truly naïve. Leadership and developing a great program starts at the top and it's just no there..

Its also an opportunity to showcase your talent with limited risk.

Imagine Gleeson coming here. He has plenty of talent to work with and can install his own offense.

Let's say the season is a bomb. The blame will stay with Manny and the organization. All he has to do is slightly better than 2018 to look great.

Let's say the season is great. He's a genius who took the worst offense in the ACC to the championship game in just one year.

Any OC who isn't interested is either very happy where they're at or isn't hungry and lacks confidence.

Advertisement
Almost all of the top candidates being mentioned would be making close to twice their salary if they come here.

Yost would be getting an extra 400 k.

That's hard money to turn down.

UAB did not shut down the football program to build it back up. They had financial issues.

Advertisement

I dont know many men who would turn down the chance to double their salary for at a minimum a year. If Manny gets fired, so what. If you're good and well regarded, you'll land on your feet (ex: Kendal Briles).

The point isn't the money and all that. Cane fan found out how that experiment turned out in the ego of Enos! And arguably speaking he was one of the absolute WORST assistants in a long day of Cane assistants. I'm guessing Enos and D'Onofrio would make strange bedfellows.:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

The bottom line is it comes down to making a very, very, very WISE decision in the hiring of the next Cane OC. And seriously, I doubt Diaz has it in his ego to make that choice. Enter stage right Mr. Enos! OUCH.

Or just go get UABs coach...BILL CLARK

Advertisement
The point isn't the money and all that. Cane fan found out how that experiment turned out in the ego of Enos! And arguably speaking he was one of the absolute WORST assistants in a long day of Cane assistants. I'm guessing Enos and D'Onofrio would make strange bedfellows.:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

The bottom line is it comes down to making a very, very, very WISE decision in the hiring of the next Cane OC. And seriously, I doubt Diaz has it in his ego to make that choice. Enter stage right Mr. Enos! OUCH.
Oh I have no disagreement w you on Manny being able to identify the right guy. None at all.

I'm just saying the field wont be limited bc of his job security or incompetence.

So much drama. I guess that is where we are as a society. It's either all or nothing. There is no in-between. It's going to be hard to move forward with that mindset. Close the program for a year? Come on.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if coaches saw our QB situation and said thanks but no thanks. Yes, the extra money is nice, but it's really short sighted. I agree, and have used the Briles example myself, but our QB situation is as bad as I have ever seen here. I wouldn't leave a well oiled machine to come here and lower my stock by having zero to work with at the QB position.

Advertisement
Back