Nobody worth a **** is coming to coach here

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if coaches saw our QB situation and said thanks but no thanks. Yes, the extra money is nice, but it's really short sighted. I agree, and have used the Briles example myself, but our QB situation is as bad as I have ever seen here. I wouldn't leave a well oiled machine to come here and lower my stock by having zero to work with at the QB position.
Thing is, some of these places aint that well oiled right now (Texas Tech), and the unemployment line ain't even oiled at all (Rich Rod, Chip Long 🤮, Larry Fedora).

Advertisement
If you’re looking for clout, Rich Rod, Fedora, Applewhite, etc would all take the job.. If you’re looking for upside, there are tons of guys at smaller schools that would leave for a nice pay raise & promotion to a prestigious school.

I’d like to see us go after a Leach disciple. Tony Franklin is at Mid Tennessee St. He runs the exact offense I want & has tons of experience & success. Look him up.

Unless an entire new coaching staff is brought in and Manny and Blake are gone, no one is coming into this cluster to coach offense or anything else. They’d be better off following the UAB model: Close the program for a year and completely overhaul the entire football operation and get it right this time.

Entitled to your opinion even if it is based on irrational anger. Upside to this job is tremendous for those that want to move up the coaching ladder. And there are also no guarantees in life except taxes and when you meet your maker.

Almost all of the top candidates being mentioned would be making close to twice their salary if they come here.

Yost would be getting an extra 400 k.

That's hard money to turn down.
If Yost is so good, why is he only making 400K a year? Honest question.

Advertisement
Its also an opportunity to showcase your talent with limited risk.

Imagine Gleeson coming here. He has plenty of talent to work with and can install his own offense.

Let's say the season is a bomb. The blame will stay with Manny and the organization. All he has to do is slightly better than 2018 to look great.

Let's say the season is great. He's a genius who took the worst offense in the ACC to the championship game in just one year.

Any OC who isn't interested is either very happy where they're at or isn't hungry and lacks confidence.

That’s the one salvation to coming here.

Enos’ Offensive incompetency kept us from going to Charlotte so we could get butt-reamed by Clemson. However, this is such a horrible division that it would be relatively easy for Miami to capture it, get decapitated by Clemson in the ACCCG, and still back into a NY6 bowl game.

If you were the man responsible for that turnaround, you could write your own ticket. Everyone in the Coaching fraternity would understand getting your *** kicked by Dabo, anyway. But if you went on to win your bowl game? Gravy....

Advertisement
Back