Nobody on the defense is getting fired?

Advertisement
Honestly, it was but, in the best way possible because for once we could score TDs and they did it so fast the defense just looked wore out

It wasn’t. If the Defense was fine then why did Diaz take over the Defense when it was losing games for us?

I’m not too concerned about the D yet. Baker is young and over his head as well but his frosh year was waaaay better then Enos’. I think Baker has a lot of good qualities and seems like a great guy but just not ready for the University of Miami DC role but again that was Manny’s decision.
Our D has been good enough to really good under Manny so I’ll give credit where due. Manny is a career DC which is fine. I like him as a DC as long as he’s not driving the bus. Let him worry about the D not the program. It’s insufferable.

Baker is like a deputy DC . Still Manny's defense. Having Baker frees him up to oversee other areas as HC. Baker doesn't make a move w/o Manny's ok.

Advertisement
If you knew how much these dudes make compared to much better coaches throughout the country you would puke.

Our current assistant coach budget rivals any in the country.

Unfortunatley Manny has chosen to take care of his pals instead of using the money to bring in the best coaches in the biz.

12th in totes defense and yards per play with Garvin and Bandy having down years.

Do not think anyone gets canned but I would expect Diaz to assume further control of game planning and play calling.

Advertisement
I’m not too concerned about the D yet. Baker is young and over his head as well but his frosh year was waaaay better then Enos’. I think Baker has a lot of good qualities and seems like a great guy but just not ready for the University of Miami DC role but again that was Manny’s decision.
Our D has been good enough to really good under Manny so I’ll give credit where due. Manny is a career DC which is fine. I like him as a DC as long as he’s not driving the bus. Let him worry about the D not the program. It’s insufferable.
12th in totes defense and yards per play with Garvin and Bandy having down years.

Do not think anyone gets canned but I would expect Diaz to assume further control of game planning and play calling.

That's the kind of logic that will keep UM mired in mediocrity for the next 5 years. UM's Special Teams played a huge role in 4 of the 7 losses, who coaches that unit, changes must be made. UM's top 12 defense failed to make stops against, UF, UNC, GT, Duke, FIU, and VT when they were needed the most, changes must be made. Don't fall for Diaz's ever-shifting propaganda, excuses, and empty rhetoric. Name one game this staff outperformed the coaches on the other sideline aside from Bethune Cookman and Willie Taggart the only P5 coach worse than Diaz.

Not saying you are wrong in this likely happens but Manny needs to be delegating defensive staff duties to focus on being a better head coach. If the defensive coordinator is not capable of running the defense then he is of no use on this staff.

Against trash offenses. Remember the last time we played an elite team (Clemson) we couldn't even get a stop in the first half. And that was with Clemson having a mediocre QB. Imagine us against guys like Lawrence and Burrow.

Advertisement
It's his defense and you all were clamoring for him to get more involved, yet you wonder why he hasn't fired everyone? Is this real life?

Don't understand what you are trying to say here?
Obviously there was an issue with the defense if manny had to get involved.
Why is it unreasonable to ask manny to address the issues on defense as well??
While overshadowed by the offensive issues...the defense had concerning issues as well.

Advertisement
Its always the Offenses fault.....the d shuts down all these top ranked offenses......well except GT DUke F I U

And four times they gave up the lead in the fourth quarter.......but no according to manny we are dominant

That's the kind of logic that will keep UM mired in mediocrity for the next 5 years. UM's Special Teams played a huge role in 4 of the 7 losses, who coaches that unit, changes must be made. UM's top 12 defense failed to make stops against, UF, UNC, GT, Duke, FIU, and VT when they were needed the most, changes must be made. Don't fall for Diaz's ever-shifting propaganda, excuses, and empty rhetoric. Name one game this staff outperformed the coaches on the other sideline aside from Bethune Cookman and Willie Taggart the only P5 coach worse than Diaz.

Great post!

Let’s be honest with ourselves, we only want changes on that side of the ball for recruiting purposes. You think Coach O wanted his D staff fired for letting Vandy and Ole Miss to score more than 30? There’s other examples also for good teams allowing bad teams score. Trust me I want change on that side too but not because our defense was “horrible”. We can clearly upgrade for recruiting purposes (Patke, Rumph and Baker) but call a spade a spade people.

Advertisement
Back