Nobody can stop anybody

I’ve been trying to tell everyone. Offense beats defense in 2020. You’re seeing it a lot more because most of the OOC cupcake games got cancelled so you’re getting a lot more even matchups early in the season. Nobody is just shutting down conference opponents. You need to focus on turnovers and negative plays on defense because nobody can just line up and dominate offenses like they could years ago.
Which is definitely Manny's philosophy for playing defense.

Advertisement
Oklahoma blows two TD lead in the 4th to Texas.

Riley, for all his gaudy offensive numbers, hasn’t stopped anyone while at OU.
I gave up on that game thinking it was over and was checking scores saw that it was in double OT. Some good games so far today.

Speaking of... as soon as I posted that Ehlinger someone just scored on what had to be the slowest 25 yard scramble of all time to tie it (pending PAT) in double OT.

I can’t wait til we add Williams, Smith and Taylor to this defense. It’s time for UM to turn college football upside down, again, by putting a defense of stars on the field.
if we get good quarterback play next year (sorry but King is gone), we will be really, really good.

I can’t wait til we add Williams, Smith and Taylor to this defense. It’s time for UM to turn college football upside down, again, by putting a defense of stars on the field.
if we get good quarterback play next year (sorry but King is gone), we will be really, really good.
Wouldn't mind getting a transfer CB if we can figure out a way to fit within the per year scholarship limits. Also need to make sure Blades doesn't leave.

Advertisement
Speaking of... as soon as I posted that Ehlinger someone just scored on what had to be the slowest 25 yard scramble of all time to tie it (pending PAT) in double OT.
This game is wild! Blocked FG to seemingly give OU the game and then the OU kicker misses an easy kick!

I’ve been trying to tell everyone. Offense beats defense in 2020. You’re seeing it a lot more because most of the OOC cupcake games got cancelled so you’re getting a lot more even matchups early in the season. Nobody is just shutting down conference opponents. You need to focus on turnovers and negative plays on defense because nobody can just line up and dominate offenses like they could years ago.
I think to even it out a little they should call OPI on those 'mesh' plays and let CBs be physical again.

The amount of times a DB makes a legit play on the ball, only to get called for PI is crazy. The O is playing with a loaded deck at the moment - and that's before you include the Spread scheme into the equation.

LSU has given up 45 points and 585 yards to an absolutely horrendous Missouri team.

This is a program that brings in nothing but elite defensive talent every single year. It’s absolutely stunning how bad they look.
That’s what happens when you hire a semi-sentient turnip to be your DC.

I think to even it out a little they should call OPI on those 'mesh' plays and let CBs be physical again.

The amount of times a DB makes a legit play on the ball, only to get called for PI is crazy. The O is playing with a loaded deck at the moment - and that's before you include the Spread scheme into the equation.
The pick plays and the RPO where the offensive linemen get downfield on a pass play are what totally swing the edge to the offense. I like the fast pace and the scoring but I agree they need to cut back on allowing the offense so much advantage

Advertisement
Turds, UNC, VT, LSU, Texas and TAMU currently allowing opponents to score practically at will. When the 3:30 games start there will be more of the same.

Teams look like they’re in a prevent half the time.

Makes me love our style of defensive football even more than I did.
I think this is more of a byproduct of the rule changes that have favored the offenses. Holding a team to under 30 in 2020 is like holding a team under 20 in 2000. Look at the pro's, it's the same on that level as well. Until some of these rule changes are adjusted to allow defenses to play more physical these scores will continue to skyrocket.

I got one son who isn't a Canes fan, but a Gators fan; he went to Paramedic School at Santa Fe in G'Ville when Tebow was there so he stopped liking FSU and started pulling for them - he married a Gator.

He's a FF and is working, but watching. I started texting him midway through the 4th about how King would put 500 yards of passing on that D, and how its going to suck losing to FSU's old coach. I was getting a little sick of hearing what a wizard Dan Mullins is.

Advertisement
Honestly, I think it’s a combination of the lack of practices, along with the game being catered to O. The NFL is experiencing the same chit. Look how many records were broken from an offensive standpoint in the NFL.

Covid has fck’d up a lot of chit

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back