No Surprise.. Kerr Just De-Committed

Advertisement
FSU would be making a mistake putting him at Tackle...his frame just is not that big with little more room for growth. Kerr was a nice prospect but his position was not the highest priority to us. I'd rather get a rb (collins), cb (robinson), wr (coley), LB's (Thomas n Grace, DT's (Bostwick n' Byrant) etc for next year. So it will make it easier to fit all the guys into this class we want if we land them all.

This is why I dont usually get excited over early commitments. Many of them will end up flaming out before NLOID, and it seems to be a GROWING phenomenon. If we can get a good number of the other kid we are after, I am not losing sleep over Kerr.

Would love to see us try and bring Travis Johnson back into the mix, doubt he would want to after the staff cooled on him.

Advertisement
I swear next year I am going to check this recruiting board 3 times. Once in September to see our early targets. Once in January to see who we are still on. Then on national signing day.

Look.jpg

It's not a huge loss since we already had players, but Kerr was a good player. I liked him.

Advertisement
I swear next year I am going to check this recruiting board 3 times. Once in September to see our early targets. Once in January to see who we are still on. Then on national signing day.

I think I am right there with you. Might not even check that many times, Think Dudes in the Wez got it figured out, I bet on signing day its gonna be a couple "what wrong with the site? oh, Today is signing day, who did we get? Cool..."

He was one of those under the radar guys that most likely would have been really good. It definitely hurts imo considering the staff didnt give up on him and tried to keep him

This doesn't necessarily open up a "new" spot. They were going to take everybody left on the board if they wanted in regardless, but they were going to have to make some room eventually and this is just the first step.

Advertisement
This doesn't necessarily open up a "new" spot. They were going to take everybody left on the board if they wanted in regardless, but they were going to have to make some room eventually and this is just the first step.

Never good to lose a kid we want, but let's face it, if it was going to be one of our current commits this is probably the one that wouldn't hurt that much. Only really ****** part is losing him to the Noles....but oh well. Good luck, I hope you tear your ACLs, but otherwise have a succesful happy life that in no way involves success in college football.

Advertisement

I agree with this. I also wanted Kerr in this class but I didn't expect much from him till 2015. What can you do?

It's bittersweet. He's a very decent prospect, but he'll be playing a very dangerous game with concussions. I would lay heavy coin that he doesn't see action until 2014.. would also place a smaller wager it ends similar to Josh Whitt & Blake Ayles. Putting on weight and asking him to throw his head into a running play 30 times a game just isn't a healthy option.

He's a good player that would have filled a need on this team...the team doesn't have an array of good, quality blocking tight ends...Kerr would have played a bunch here over his 4-5 year career. May not have caught a lot of balls, but would have been in on a lot of 2-3 TE sets if he wasn't converted to tackle.

If we were going to go after another TE, I'd hit up Travis Johnson. Like Kerr, as a player he fills a niche.

Advertisement
Back