No rest for the weary!

We've had plenty of these types of games the past decade. Just had one two weeks ago at Nebraska. After a while you don't get fooled or excited any more. It'll probably be another huge let down filled with excuses after the game.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

The sarcasm is so thick on this board it's hard to tell if it's real or not... Rivalry week? Lmmfao....

Advertisement
With the leadership displayed this past Saturday, it's not a matter of IF we beat dat Gtech ***...

but how bad.

Advertisement
I know the kids are probably still on cloud 9 after beating Duke, who happens to be the defending Coastal Champs and was undefeated, but I hope they can get focused for this game. It' a Prime time game against a Conference rival. If we can somehow pull this game out in their house after just beating Duke, I think it's safe to assume WE BACK!!
This is a program changing game.
:rickflair2:

Last edited:
Beating GT will not mean Miami is back. It will be a good step in the right direction, but to "be back" Miami needs to just about win out or win all but the FSU game and keep it close all the way throughout.

If the Duke game was truly our defense improving for good, I don't think it is a huge stretch to expect us to finish 9-3. With the way FSU has played and it being a rivalry game in Miami this year paired with Miami's D being for real, then an upset isn't out of the picture either. But that has a lot of variables that need to happen for that to even have a shot at happening. Right now GT needs to be the focus. If the D shows up again against GT and looks great, then they show up again against Cinci, then I think 9-3 is very very possible. A 9-3 season would definitely be a huge step for the program getting back to national relevancy. It certainly isn't impossible. With the talent on this team, 9-3 should happen. With the defense we have seen the last 4 years outside of last week's game, 9-3 is a bit of a stretch right now.

Anyways, I feel like I am getting redundant. So basically if Miami's defense looks just as good the next two games as they did against Duke, then I think we can start feeling good about the program trending upward and a 9-3 season is very obtainable and a 10-2 season would definitely have a chance of happening as long as Kaaya continues to grow and that defense is real. But I don't want to get ahead of myself and I am in no way saying Miami is going 10-2.

Advertisement
This thread is not the place for bashing the staff.

This is for fans of the games. People who live to enjoy college football. People who get excited the closer it gets to Saturdays.

X's and O's will take care of themselves. Having a good chance to win in front of a packed crowd and a national TV audience is exhilarating!

Yeah, I'm getting more and more exhilirated as i read through this thread.

Advertisement
Let's see... we just finished the "Brain Bowl" so what do we have this week?

The Yandle Bowl!

tumblr_static_bu_mbb_yandle_fathead_10-11_texas02_a.jpg

The positivity in this thread is bringing tears of joy to my eyes.

All of my hard work is finally paying off. :unconscious:

Do you know the difference between Miami vs GT and Alabama vs Auburn?

Nothing. Both of these games determine champions.

Advertisement
Back