No Playoff ranking reveal thread?

skyman

Senior
Committee dropped initial rankings for playoffs

Espn had an anger index where they mention us being angry

4. Miami Hurricanes (6-2, unranked) and North Carolina Tar Heels (6-2, unranked)​

Here's a list of the unranked two-loss Power 5 teams: Rutgers, Iowa, North Carolina and Miami.

We can understand the Rutgers snub. The Knights' best wins came early against Northwestern and Virginia Tech teams that have both vastly improved since then.

We can understand the Iowa snub. The committee members likely fell asleep during its games.

We can even understand UNC's snub, despite its head-to-head win over Miami. The past two losses to Virginia and Georgia Tech are inexcusable. Indeed, the committee might be doing UNC a favor. The Heels don't play well with a little number next to their name.

But Miami? With wins over Texas A&M and Clemson? Well, there should be some genuine outrage here.

Oh, not at the committee. We get its decision. We're just still fuming over Mario Cristobal's refusal to kneel against Georgia Tech. If he had, Miami would be 7-1 and likely in the top 15.

Advertisement
I figured the playoff rankings wouldn't apply to us so I didn't care. I got the notification of the ESPN outrage article, but again, I didn't think it applied to us and didn't click. Very surprised we are mentioned.

I'm going to take a nap now.

Advertisement
1698810687297.png

Advertisement
I don't care tbh, because the advanced metrics have us where the coaches have us: Around the Top 25, some have us in there, some don't.

Win against NC State and you're ranked, because one ranked team will ***** up at minimum... and it looks better when FSU and Miami are ranked for the matchup.

Opened the list, saw Ohio JABRONI State at 1 , immediately said **** ESPN **** OSU and closed the list.

And oh btw FACK OHIO STATE IN THE ***

Advertisement
I don't care tbh, because the advanced metrics have us where the coaches have us: Around the Top 25, some have us in there, some don't.

Win against NC State and you're ranked, because one ranked team will ***** up at minimum... and it looks better when FSU and Miami are ranked for the matchup.

Exactly, finish this year strong, and finish in the top 20, and that is a huge improvement over last year, momentum for recruiting and going into next year. That shows me we are on the right path.

If we kneeled against GT, we'd be ranked somewhere between 9-14 at this point. Pretty frustrating the difference one stupid decision makes between a possible top 10 team (and a very highly rated national primetime game against FSU next week if we win against NCSU this week) and being unranked.

Advertisement
We’re going to end up 11-2 and be unranked and not play in the ACCCG.
If we’re 11-2 at season’s end it means we beat FSU (probably ruined their season), went 10-2 regular season, and won a pretty good bowl game. Also means we finish inside the Top 10 for the first time in nearly 20 years. I’d take that in a heartbeat.

If we’re 11-2 at season’s end it means we beat FSU (probably ruined their season), went 10-2 regular season, and won a pretty good bowl game. Also means we finish inside the Top 10 for the first time in nearly 20 years. I’d take that in a heartbeat.
In that scenario, not kneeling literally would cost us a playoff spot. Mario will have nightmares about that until he wins a title if that happened.

And that means we beat a highly ranked Louisville team, if we do that its on par with the 2017 season.

Downside it will hurt like **** to know we probably would be a knee away from the playoffs lol

Advertisement
Back