No more FCS teams on the schedule

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the current CFP system there is little to no downside to us playing FCS games. Right now our recipe to make the playoffs is clear: win the coastal and beat Clemson. Playing an FCS team doesn't change that in any way. I know you're talking about long-term, but when you set aside the principle argument, you realize it really isn't some big negative for our program.

Heh Jesus - never said he was going to play power 5 teams when everyone else plays FCS.... he is one of the only coaches in America that says that the fans dont want to come to these games... mentioned about a dozen times in last few months

Get Saban’s balls off your chin..not a good look.

It’s really easy to say shlt to make yourself look good, but then not do anything about it. How much Saban ******* do you gargle every day?

Neither NMSU or Southern Miss are FCS..

Not the point there chief. He’s playing one FCS just like everybody else does. And 2 shltty G5 teams that may as well be FCS

Don’t you think we have the biggest group of cuck fans we’ve ever seen?

Saban Avengers - ASSEMBLE!!

Always looking to prop up Saban and Alabama. Roll Tide motherfūckers.

Advertisement
We've played a I-AA or FCS team in....

We started this when we joined the Big East. Almost everyone does it. No point whining about it.

The Big 10 didn't allow FCS scheduling for a few years but they seem to have gone back on that rule. I'm of the opinion that no FBS teams should play FCS teams. College football has altogether too many blowout games. As a matter of fact, I think the number of FBS teams needs to be dramatically decreased. There's 130 teams and at least 100 have zero chance of winning a title.

In the current CFP system there is little to no downside to us playing FCS games. Right now our recipe to make the playoffs is clear: win the coastal and beat Clemson. Playing an FCS team doesn't change that in any way. I know you're talking about long-term, but when you set aside the principle argument, you realize it really isn't some big negative for our program.

IDK if it's a given that we'd always make the playoffs at 12-1. We don't exactly have a great football reputation at this point.

Even replacing an FCS team with a Sun Belt team theoretically might make a difference to the selection committee.

Last edited:
For me the thing is don't we pay the fcs school to play them? Why the **** are we paying? They get exposure playing a nationally recognized team n get a chance to play in a nicer stadium/locker room etc.

Advertisement
Not the point there chief. He’s playing one FCS just like everybody else does. And 2 shltty G5 teams that may as well be FCS

Don’t you think we have the biggest group of cuck fans we’ve ever seen?

Saban Avengers - ASSEMBLE!!

Always looking to prop up Saban and Alabama. Roll Tide motherfūckers.
Lolwut

Advertisement
Back