No McCloud = best run D performance

Advertisement
Anyone else surprised? Not wanting to hate when we went to 7-1 but that was a really nice performance against an elite running team, held them way below their avg... and it’s the first game McCloud is out....
Lol what ?? They killed us on on the ground all 3 quarters , for some reason this defense play terrible all game , until the 4th quarter

Anyone else surprised? Not wanting to hate when we went to 7-1 but that was a really nice performance against an elite running team, held them way below their avg... and it’s the first game McCloud is out....
I was relieved that he wasn't out there. We still have Jennings out there underperforming, but seeing more of Flagg is definitely welcome.

I wasn’t expecting them to be better with Mccloud out but I expected to see some explosive negative plays and some athleticism pop. I’m starting to come around to the fact that until/if Huff and TAC are ready the best we can hope for is a guy like Flagg who actually understands the position but is no faster or stronger than any of the other guys.

The linebackers weren’t impressive today.

Advertisement
Lol what ?? They killed us on on the ground all 3 quarters , for some reason this defense play terrible all game , until the 4th quarter
virginia tech averages 277 rush yards per game and we held them to 160 at 3.9 ypc. the long run by hooker was bad and then there was a rough series or two in the 3rd quarter but otherwise we did a really solid job of stopping the run.

Elite running i disagree....their best running back is still injured and was a decoy today like i said earlier. Hooker is a QB that runs first before passing. They still gashed us a bunch of times.

Advertisement
Elite running i disagree....their best running back is still injured and was a decoy today like i said earlier. Hooker is a QB that runs first before passing. They still gashed us a bunch of times.
Simply not true, Hooker had the 50 yarder in the 1st, rest of the game they avgd less than 3 a carry. That was by far the best our run d played this year, especially considering we never get holds called.

160 yards is best run defense????
ROFL, they've already been pre-exposed to coach diaz and blake baker's post game talking points. Whenever you can hold a team to 40yrds less rushing than what Liberty did, that's a sign we just might just be on our way.

Advertisement
This was the best defensive performance by the Canes all year. Phillips, Frierson, Couch, Nesta and Brooks were great. There were multiple stops of a great rushing team on the road. Even Jon Ford was elite. Wait until the PFF comes out, there will be some good performances scored on D.

On offense, obviously King was great, but so were the WRs. I would like to see King go more to Mallory, but he made a lot of great plays on a day where he didn’t play great. The OL was struggling, especially the guards.

Were improving every week, and we are 7-1! What else can we say!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back