No matter what UM does, it will always be seen as "Thug U"

Advertisement
They hate Miami in general idk why maybe the weather the women the diversity ?!?! I don't know but I know the hate is real!!!

people hated the miami heat during the lebron era too. something about the city makes them angry.

Yea it's crazy I'm starting to believe it's the weather

Race related.

Part of it has to do with them hating that everyone at Heat games is tan and good looking and only shows up when we're winning, but for the most part, I think these college towns and factory cities that are perpetually cloaked in fog hate all the brown and black faces in the crowd at UM games.

They hate Miami in general idk why maybe the weather the women the diversity ?!?! I don't know but I know the hate is real!!!

people hated the miami heat during the lebron era too. something about the city makes them angry.

Yea it's crazy I'm starting to believe it's the weather

Race related.

Part of it has to do with them hating that everyone at Heat games is tan and good looking and only shows up when we're winning, but for the most part, I think these college towns and factory cities that are perpetually cloaked in fog hate all the brown and black faces in the crowd at UM games.

Could be race related won't be surprised to find finebaum under the #oppkkk

A lot of people's hate for Miami came from our Canes. Back in the day, people wanted what the canes had. Be it, swagger, IDGAF attitude, wins I mean blowout in your face wins, the refs hated it, conservatives hated it and it embarrassed the liberals.

Those people put all the state money behind FSU and U*** and aligned with the conferences to put and end to UM and prop up the other 2 schools.. But try as they might, they know that with 1 good coach we will rise back to the top!
Just my opinion Go Canes!

Advertisement
I've been saying this all throughout the Shalala era. The attempt to "clean up" the school's image is a complete waste of time. All it has accomplished is relegating the football program to a mediocre ACC team while UF and FSU have gone on to win national championships with rosters loaded with talented felons. People will forever associate Miami with the "thug U" era of the 80's and 90's. Might as well embrace it and start winning championships again.

Racism it is.point blank period. We rubbed middle america the wrong way they wont forget. Im not black either and hate when peole pull race cards in a bunch of situations but lets call it what it is

Last edited:
Name 1 time Miami has been showcased for the strides they have made academically?
Which UM has made great strides academically, but it's not because of the image the football program has.

Advertisement
DEFINITELY race related. Let's keep it real and Let's not pretend otherwise.

If Duke pulled this play against Miami, or if Iowa did it, or if Northwestern pulled this off, the media would be fapping till then palms were raw...and smiling, cheesing---calling it the great play ever, and falling all over themselves to interview all the players involved.

But because it's Miami, a team full of black players pulling this play off against Duke - a team of mostly white players - these media types are beet red mad as ****. ****ed off and calling for the game to be reversed. You see controversial calls all the time that swing games every week, but you never see this kind of righteous indignation. Just juxtapose "the play" vs the phantom TD that happened seconds before. There is ZERO outrage over the phantom TD that happened with 6 seconds left, and that play wasn't even reviewed!

Last edited:
Racism it is.point blank period. We rubbed middle america the wrong way they wont forget. Im not black either and hate when peole pull race cards in a bunch of situations but lets call it what it is

It is more than racism. It is a tough place for people around the country to relate to. It's bilingual, so that drives some nuts, the traffic is horrible, people are incredibly rude and the pace is more than most can stand. Yet the same people who talk badly about it often come back over and over again. Great place to visit, can't live there.

Plus our bandwagon fan base doesn't help. And people hate the success and overly ****y way our players used to act.

It is kind of like a stew. It takes a lot of ingredients, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. As others have said it isn't going to change. But I'm not in the camp of advocating for ridiculous behavior. We simply cannot go back there.

I gotta believe nothing irked the Miami haters more than seeing the Miami players celebrating the win the way they did.
It triggered flashbacks of when we were running roughshod over college football laughing, celebrating crushing hearts along the way.
They still traumatized. Anyone tells you different they lying.

They are acting like German survivors of the Hamburg bombing raids whenever they head a plane. We traumatized the poor babies. Xanax must be in short supply after Sunday when everyone saw what happened. There could be suicides when Butch is hired.

Advertisement

It is more than racism. It is a tough place for people around the country to relate to. It's bilingual, so that drives some nuts, the traffic is horrible, people are incredibly rude and the pace is more than most can stand. Yet the same people who talk badly about it often come back over and over again. Great place to visit, can't live there.

Plus our bandwagon fan base doesn't help. And people hate the success and overly ****y way our players used to act.

It is kind of like a stew. It takes a lot of ingredients, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. As others have said it isn't going to change. But I'm not in the camp of advocating for ridiculous behavior. We simply cannot go back there.

Sounds like LA and new york other than the bandwagon part in new york
Its more than that. Miami was never suppose to do what they did and how they did it. Lets be real white america has never gotten over it. We beat and disrespected the schools with traditiona and so called class. Notre dame,nebraska, oklahoma, texas, disrespectful to penn state ect. They havent gotten over all those things

Ahh poor dook they cheated and robbed them ,as cbs put it, GRAND LARCENY

It could be race related even though college football and football in general has become predominantly black since they people just see it as they think they're better than us (Robert Smith), doesn't he come off as a goodie two shoes! Some people haven't lived here haven't lived this culture or can't comprehend cause Miami out Miami looks like tropic coke electro kumbaya savage,f your life type of town...

I don't care what it is let them hate. I personally haven't felt this good about Miami football in more than a decade. Let them call for the game to be overturned, let them say we aren't **** as a program and irrelevent, let them cry for Duke, then have our nutz in their mouth tonsil deep. I F$%KING LOVE IT!

This is a great day my Cane Brothers...white, black, yellow, brown, purple, even alien i don't care what any of them have to say... this is a great day.

Advertisement
It's the school's diversity that they hate: To many Latino kids, too many ****** kids, and too many very good AA athletes that are trying to lift themselves out of horrible ghetto areas and very difficult home situations. Face it: Most of the white azzholes in this country are racist as **** and likely to remain so. Their true colors come out in these situations. They are vermin, they are garbage, and they deserve to get their noses shoved in their own vile chit! Sportscasters are the worst of the bunch. Pure nasty conceited pricks always trying to gin up some controversy that will make them seem like they are so smart when they are dumber than rocks! Remember Marv Albert the hooker biter.? THAT'S what they are all like. Just subhuman offal..

Last edited:
Racism bros. They don't want to see the south Florida savages prosper.

Bring in a savage to let these guys loose again.

Its not racism, for christ sake CFB is 75% black
its hate JUST ****ING HATE

Actually, alot of it has to do about race.
Culturally speaking, college football is about the small-college towns, alot of them in rural settings in the
south and midwest.
People from those areas despise anything and everything to do about south Florida, especially Miami.
And when they look at UM, they are looking at the school that represents the city and region they hate.
I know, I live in the northeast, and I hear about it often in Pennsylvannia, Virginia,etc....
Of course, they don't mind coming down to poach our local talent or play in one of the bowl games.
Otherwise, intense hatred.

I can break it down further if you wish.

We need to embrace thug u again.... this Hate we have received lately made me miss it. **** that **** shalala for changing it.

Idc who next coach is he needs to let the doggsss go.

We need to embrace thug u again.... this Hate we have received lately made me miss it. **** that **** shalala for changing it.

Idc who next coach is he needs to let the doggsss go.

Nah, we don't need to embrace any thuggery.
That's actually an insult to players like Blades brothers, Irvin, Vinny, Highsmith, Tez, Maryland,etc who were great players and just as good
people.
Just play hard and kick our enemies ****.

Advertisement
Back