No matter what UM does, it will always be seen as "Thug U"

cane_boi

Freshman
look at the vitriol and hatred spewing from all media outlets about the Duke game. as far as i know, a game decision has NEVER been reversed in the history of college sports, yet these miami-hating scumbags in the media are calling for the W to be taken away. if wake forest or some other random school happened to be in miami's shoes, you wouldn't hear a peep from anyone.

in 2002 the worst call in the history of college sports was made, and no one cared because miami was on the receiving end of it. bring it up to this day and you'll hear "well, you were heavy favorites and the game shouldn't have been close" and other excuses. UM fans get told to stop crying and get over it.

yet now these same clowns who tell UM fans to get over it are about to get a stroke wishing for a game that's already over to be reversed LMAO

the fact that the admin wants to distance itself from the storied history of the program is amusing. no matter how much emphasis you place on academics, no matter how many "aw-shucks, good-golly, gee whiz" coaches and athletes you recruit, no matter how much you want to be stanford of the south, no matter how much you try to change to entire image of the University of Miami, it doesn't matter. based on what i've seen/read in articles, tweets and seen on ESPN over the past few days, these people ain't ever gonna like you. they're not your friends. they openly mock the "lack of facilities" and the fact that the team plays in a stadium that's 45 minutes away (without traffic). they take glee that we've sucked for the past decade and the possibility of bringing back the man who created a dynasty lowkey has them shook.

we might as well embrace what made us relevant and keep a middle finger to everyone while doing it.

end rant

Last edited:
Advertisement
Racism bros. They don't want to see the south Florida savages prosper.

Bring in a savage to let these guys loose again.

I gotta believe nothing irked the Miami haters more than seeing the Miami players celebrating the win the way they did.
It triggered flashbacks of when we were running roughshod over college football laughing, celebrating crushing hearts along the way.
They still traumatized. Anyone tells you different they lying.

Times like this is why I don't have a high profile job.

Because I would have been reacted out of anger if I was the AD or President.

I gotta believe nothing irked the Miami haters more than seeing the Miami players celebrating the win the way they did.
It triggered flashbacks of when we were running roughshod over college football laughing, celebrating crushing hearts along the way.
They still traumatized. Anyone tells you different they lying.

i see a couple of douchebags commenting on how far we've fallen that we celebrate beating duke in football. they conveniently ignore the fact that duke was 2 TD favorites, ranked and playing at home vs. a team with an interim head coach and missing its starting QB. add in the fact that the emotions of miss dana (rip) and you could see why those kids were so excited. in fact, i wanted them to celebrate more than they did. i wanted them to bust out cans of graffiti and spray paint the U logo in the middle of duke's field.

Advertisement
Its nothing more then a compliment. Football is a sport where dudes beat the shiat out of each other. Every bad *** team is mean as ****.

Its really the same as Duke gets in basketball. Everyone hates them.

Advertisement
Frenk and the next coach's goal should be to EMBRACE THE HATE.

Shalala tried to turn a wolf into a rabbit.

Funny thing is, a **** load of those guys from the "thug life" days turned out pretty well. That crap was as much a media creation as anything else. They won because they outworked everyone else, so what if they put a finger in the eye of the college football establishment (that had upstanding citizens like Woody Hayes punching players out on the sidelines) Christ, Randall Hill is an FBI agent. Lol. (He always did like sixshooters)

It's why I always fought against the suit and tie image that Donna so desperately wanted. No matter what Miami does, it will always be Thug U. ALWAYS.

So why not win a ton of games?

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2352731 said:
Still have people to this day that say thug U to me. I just laugh.

i know a few gator fans who like to call miami thug U...that's when i remind them that they had a serial killer roaming around campus and catching touchdown passes for them just a few years ago.

i know a few gator fans who like to call miami thug U...that's when i remind them that they had a serial killer roaming around campus and catching touchdown passes for them just a few years ago.

I do the same thing. I also point out how many arrests other schools have had vs miami

Advertisement
Every team celebrates after a last minute win, **** Michigan St player dislocated a hip,
Worst beat down in the history of um 1 week prior
Coach the kids wanted to believe in fired
Starting QB out
Duke was first place and 14 point favorites
I would celebrate too
( response to the bald knucklehead from ESPN saying " Miami shouldn't have celebrated like they did")

Last edited:

You can pretty much mention the Urban Meyer era and that puts an end to any argument.

They hate Miami in general idk why maybe the weather the women the diversity ?!?! I don't know but I know the hate is real!!!

Call it and us what they want. No, I'm not active anymore, i'm older and Wiser but that's what made me love this program.

The stars weren't always clean cut or yes sir no sir types. They weren't cooning to be adored. They looked like who i grew up with and looked up too. They played like i was taught to play they acted like i did.

That's why i admired Miami, and hated UF.

Being villainous and against the grain helped a lot.

Our fans are diverse and that's love too.

I can't speak on why you love this team but that's just my story...
"I could be myself and still succeed cuz these guys are just like me "

Thug U or whatever else they say, this is my team

Say hello to the bad guys

Advertisement
Back