No matter what UM does, it will always be seen as "Thug U"

Racism it is.point blank period. We rubbed middle america the wrong way they wont forget. Im not black either and hate when peole pull race cards in a bunch of situations but lets call it what it is

It is more than racism. It is a tough place for people around the country to relate to. It's bilingual, so that drives some nuts, the traffic is horrible, people are incredibly rude and the pace is more than most can stand. Yet the same people who talk badly about it often come back over and over again. Great place to visit, can't live there.

Plus our bandwagon fan base doesn't help. And people hate the success and overly ****y way our players used to act.

It is kind of like a stew. It takes a lot of ingredients, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. As others have said it isn't going to change. But I'm not in the camp of advocating for ridiculous behavior. We simply cannot go back there.

Sounds like LA and new york other than the bandwagon part in new york
Its more than that. Miami was never suppose to do what they did and how they did it. Lets be real white america has never gotten over it. We beat and disrespected the schools with traditiona and so called class. Notre dame,nebraska, oklahoma, texas, disrespectful to penn state ect. They havent gotten over all those things

Ahh poor dook they cheated and robbed them ,as cbs put it, GRAND LARCENY

Canes didn't cheat or rob anybody. Canes did not officiate the game. Simply we played hard and took the game away.

Advertisement
We need to embrace thug u again.... this Hate we have received lately made me miss it. **** that **** shalala for changing it.

Idc who next coach is he needs to let the doggsss go.

Nah, we don't need to embrace any thuggery.
That's actually an insult to players like Blades brothers, Irvin, Vinny, Highsmith, Tez, Maryland,etc who were great players and just as good
people.
Just play hard and kick our enemies ****.

When Canes play hard, everyone else calls them thugs. It's a cheap and easy label to throw. You don't overcome that the Fraulden way, by being milquetoast.

I say, if you're going to be labeled a sinner, no matter what you do, you might as well have some fun.

Our problem isn't embracing our running from the Thug U past. Our problem is the University does nothing to fight back against the things they say about us in the media. They leave it to the fans to defend the school. That stupid tweet just fueled the fire. We should have posted hours of footage of Miami getting screwed over the years. I even liked the suggestion that Miami is now claiming the 1988 and 2002 National Championships.

We also need to hire a complete sociopath of a coach. Someone with the mentality of Urban Meyer. Someone who will come out at the ACC coaches rally and say, "I am not here to make friends, I'm here to get you all fired." Lets get back to beating the crap out of everyone.

Racism bros. They don't want to see the south Florida savages prosper.

Bring in a savage to let these guys loose again.

Its not racism, for christ sake CFB is 75% black
its hate JUST ****ING HATE

it's not just the black athletes. miami as a city is thought of as being "third world" due to the immigrant population. **** even some of the white people down here are thought of as criminals just for living down here.

Advertisement
The mystique is coming back and in all reality it never really left.
Hidden somewhere in the U on the side of the helmets of all Hurricanes past and present lies the glory of Hurricanes past.
Others can hide it or push it down but at the end of the day it will always be " who they are".
That hatred will always show up when any form of success shows up..
The Return as its being called isn't just a spectacular play at the end of the Duke game, but the mystique making its way back out!
Go Canes

It's nothing to do with racism - I find that to be an absurd claim.

It's everything to do with being a team that was unapologetic whilst kicking your favourite team's teeth in every week. A team that isn't meant to be a power house swaggering in to your stadium and smashing your team - then letting you know about it.

That's where the hatred comes from.

Thug is just another word for the word "ni(gg)er.

Don't forget Uncle Luke was also hated for promoting The U brand.

It's just something about Miami

Try living in Mobile. It's horrible here. Bama fans still live in the past even though they have one of the best Programs going. They still hate Miami!!

Advertisement

It's everything to do with being a team that was unapologetic whilst kicking your favourite team's teeth in every week. A team that isn't meant to be a power house swaggering in to your stadium and smashing your team - then letting you know about it.

Michael Irvin told a story once about his college days, miami was playing on the road against some poor unmatched school with mainly white players. He said one the opposing coach was reaming his players, asking them why they were playing so timid. One of his guys looked at the coach with big eyes and said, "But coach...they're so big and so black!"

Mike said he cracked up (no pun intended)

I'd imagine this is how the majority of America viewed Miami back in the day. In a time where blue-collar schools like Notre Dame and Penn State were household names, it was the small school with the athletic black players who was stomping everyone out. If Miami had been composed of mainly white players and had the success it did, they would've been commemorated nationally and might even have a movie in the works...think the football version of "Hoosiers"

If you think race has "nothing" to do with the unprecedented hate for a 5-3 team then you don't fully appreciate everything that goes along with being a cane or a cane fan. A black player in a Duke uniform is black. A black player in a Miami uniform is a "thug" aka ******...the media doesn't even want the kids to celebrate a miraculous win after their worst loss, after their coach was fired, after their star QB was sidelined due to a concussion, after Artie Burns mother passed away, etc. Unprecedented hate like this is definitely race related.

Look no further than the CBS report on the news. They titled the episode Grand Larceny and said Miami stole the game and that field would always be the scene of the crime.

CBS can sift the corn out of my **** from now on.

To the OP he worst call in college football history was by FAR the ND call in 1988 which again was against us because it wasn't a judgement call just a blatant disregard to down and distance

Advertisement
Butch Hiring Day is 27 away

Will it be fabulous? Here's what the Fabulous Thunderbirds say:

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
If they ask you a question, am I living in a dream
The world may be against us, at least that’s how it seems
When the water gets choppy, can hardly stay afloat
Remember when the things get funky we rocking in the same ol’ boat

I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright
Hey, can you hear me out there people

I woke up this mornin’, I thought I saw the light
Don’t need no complications, no more driver in my life
I believe we need to deviate from the path we goin’ now
Change the negative to the positive, and turn that life around

I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
I said I wanna believe things are gonna be alright
Oh, I wanna believe it’s gonna be alright

[video=youtube;hPm_4D4h0e4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPm_4D4h0e4[/video]

From their album, On The Verge. It always seemed that this band was on the verge of something bigger.

The number of die hard Canes fans are proportionally few as compared to other schools, but unlike other schools, UM fans are scattered here and there in every nook and corner of the US.

Complete strangers, both with The U symbol on a vehicle, or clothing, in passing thousands of miles from the 305 will act like old friends - and others accompanying one or both of the UM fans are stunned to find out - they'd never met until then!

The hate of Miami is a wonderful thing - once you embrace, pull it to you, let the heat warm your heart, your backside like a stove on a cold morning. You youngsters have no idea how it used to be - it was real, it was bad, and it felt so gooooood.

We NEVER got a break on a call. We'd have to win games three times over, just to win it once. We could, as Jimmy Johnson said, we could NEVER leave to the refs.

So guys, I hope we Bring Back Butch, as he embraced the toughness that was old school Miami - and merely directed it on the field. We'll get tons of bad calls, we'll get tons of criticism, we'll get tons of cutting remarks, and we'll also get a ton of satisfaction from it - if your heart is in the right place.

And again, loyal fans, meeting in remote, distant areas, will once again, embrace like family upon meeting, while confusing non-Um fans.

It's all about the Canes, and the crew filmed in the tunnel "Hit! Stick! Bust Dik!" Those were Butch's boys.

Advertisement
Back