No Football This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Y’all dudes sit around and act dumb. The article didn’t say the season was cancelled. I’m saying it will be

Advertisement
I think he’s wrong, but it’s certainly not a scorching take at all. This says nobody can do anything till AT EARLIEST July 1. So, who’s betting this is all “over” in July? I sure as **** wouldn’t.

Still a LONG way to go until we need to talk about canceling football. But at this point it’s pretty naive to just laugh it off entirely. There are a lot of models that have the deaths peaking sometime in July. I will tell you this, as long as the death rate is INCREASING, nothing is going back to normal. Nothing. Certainly not sports. So we all better hope the experts are wrong and this thing peaks in a month or two and then starts to taper off.
I'm not hoping.. yall ******* fear mongers are annoying as ****..

I don't think the season will be cancelled, by September the contagion should have slowed down drastically & the spread should be contained.

The problem will be if it lasts until August. If things aren't situated by August then it's a very real possibility the season gets cancelled. If there's no fall camp, there will be no Football.

I don't believe that happens, but I also don't underestimate the circumstances. Had we been more vigilant from the beginning it might not be dragging out as long as it will, the lack of urgency is what is going to push the pandemic until late in the summer.

Advertisement
I should have known when there weren't any🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨 in the title that this wasn't actually important

I don't think the season will be cancelled, by September the contagion should have slowed down drastically & the spread should be contained.

The problem will be if it lasts until August. If things aren't situated by August then it's a very real possibility the season gets cancelled. If there's no fall camp, there will be no Football.

I don't believe that happens, but I also don't underestimate the circumstances. Had we been more vigilant from the beginning it might not be dragging out as long as it will, the lack of urgency is what is going to push the pandemic until late in the summer.

Yeah, my thinking as to why football could very well be cancelled is that this virus isn't just going to go away. Cold and flu viruses don't, so I suspect that it's naive to think that this will. If we are waiting for the death numbers and/or new cases from this to reach zero, before we are allowed to do anything - we might as well just cancel civilization, nuke ourselves and be done with it.

By August, we will have either come to our senses and realized that we need to learn how to deal with this on an ongoing basis, taking the best precautions we can, testing, best treatments, etc without bringing the world to an utter standstill...........or we will truly be in some deep **** that makes the current situation seem pleasant. It's up to us, and our super-awesome elected leaders.

if this happens we wont get to see King suit up for us

Better have a vaccine because this things coming back in fall

Advertisement
At the very worst the move fall camp back and cancel the OOC games. Start with conference play. Problem solved.

Advertisement
I think he’s wrong, but it’s certainly not a scorching take at all. This says nobody can do anything till AT EARLIEST July 1. So, who’s betting this is all “over” in July? I sure as **** wouldn’t.

Still a LONG way to go until we need to talk about canceling football. But at this point it’s pretty naive to just laugh it off entirely. There are a lot of models that have the deaths peaking sometime in July. I will tell you this, as long as the death rate is INCREASING, nothing is going back to normal. Nothing. Certainly not sports. So we all better hope the experts are wrong and this thing peaks in a month or two and then starts to taper off.

July 1?

Yes. All athletics are cancelled through June 30th. The earliest any ACC school can have any sporting activity would be July 1. I'm aware practice would not start on that date, I'm just saying that's the earliest possible day that anyone can do anything. And I seriously doubt everything will be back to normal by July 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back