No Football This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Upcoming season hasn't been cancelled, baseball is the only sport this affects currently. Yes other stuff like tennis and track, but 2020 college football season is still a go.

Advertisement
That’s what this shît is leading too. Already talk this might linger for a while

Advertisement
I hope they figure out a way (soon) to get sports back on the TV safely. Work out a tv deal, ppv, whatever. Quarantine them, test them, play somewhere without traveling much. I don’t know the logistics.. Yes it’s selfish. Yes they have families. Yes it’s petty. I don’t care. There’s only so much Vamparina a man can take before he snaps.

Advertisement
Probably our best shot at a top 10 class, keep Diaz off the field and we can sell hype 😂

I think he’s wrong, but it’s certainly not a scorching take at all. This says nobody can do anything till AT EARLIEST July 1. So, who’s betting this is all “over” in July? I sure as **** wouldn’t.

Still a LONG way to go until we need to talk about canceling football. But at this point it’s pretty naive to just laugh it off entirely. There are a lot of models that have the deaths peaking sometime in July. I will tell you this, as long as the death rate is INCREASING, nothing is going back to normal. Nothing. Certainly not sports. So we all better hope the experts are wrong and this thing peaks in a month or two and then starts to taper off.

Did OP edit this post to add "imo" a few minutes ago after being informed of the difference between an academic year and calendar year? If so, c'mon man...

Advertisement
I actually think the college football season will be canceled and the NFL delayed until November or December. I think the NFL dill try to play even if delayed until November or December but I highly doubt they’ll start in September.

And I don’t think you’ll see college football at all unless they change the schedule with a November or December start date. If not, there will be no college football until 2021

200 (6).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back