No Character

Fly1

Covert Bag Man
“A UM player said some of the veterans on the team don’t seem terribly interested or motivated to play this Independence Bowl game. And that should be a big concern because Louisiana Tech should be highly motivated. That’s one reason why playing some of the hungry freshmen would seem to be a good idea.

The player said the offense struggled against the scout team defense during parts of practice last week – I wasn’t given an update on this week’s practices in Shreveport – and Tate Martell’s performance remained erratic.

This game is important in the sense that a loss would mean a 6-7 finish and make it more difficult to lure recruits or grad transfers with Miami’s remaining half-dozen-or-so scholarships”

SIAP

Slurpers Kool-Aid drinkers...start the spin machine. I'm sure Andrew (Moderator) will have something to say while I'm being put in a black book of bad CIS posters. I want Miami to smoke La Tech...just dont see it happening.

Advertisement
“A UM player said some of the veterans on the team don’t seem terribly interested or motivated to play this Independence Bowl game. And that should be a big concern because Louisiana Tech should be highly motivated. That’s one reason why playing some of the hungry freshmen would seem to be a good idea.

The player said the offense struggled against the scout team defense during parts of practice last week – I wasn’t given an update on this week’s practices in Shreveport – and Tate Martell’s performance remained erratic.

This game is important in the sense that a loss would mean a 6-7 finish and make it more difficult to lure recruits or grad transfers with Miami’s remaining half-dozen-or-so scholarships”

SIAP

Slurpers Kool-Aid drinkers...start the spin machine. I'm sure Andrew (Moderator) will have something to say while I'm being put in a black book of bad CIS posters. I want Miami to smoke La Tech...just dont see it happening.
You’re a hero for posting this. Thank you

Advertisement
Who is still surprised by this?

Manny has failed to keep this team “motivated” and “engaged” all season.

It started with the classic Corch “we will award 1st team rep based on workouts”.
Working out hard is the expectation of great coaches and great teams.

Then it was all the fake competitions that kept great players like Greg Roussau from starting.

I’m sure this off-season we’ll see the return of different color practice jerseys and Manny will tell us how all the guys are fighting to get “black” jerseys.

...uggg glad this season is finally ending today.

Advertisement
Who is still surprised by this?

Manny has failed to keep this team “motivated” and “engaged” all season.

It started with the classic Corch “we will award 1st team rep based on workouts”.
Working out hard is the expectation of great coaches and great teams.

Then it was all the fake competitions that kept great players like Greg Roussau from starting.

I’m sure this off-season we’ll see the return of different color practice jerseys and Manny will tell us how all the guys are fighting to get “black” jerseys.

...uggg glad this season is finally ending today.
I fully expect him to take away social media and take names off the backs of jerseys. However, I expect chorus line dancing come September.

Don't seem terribly interested or motivated?

For their careers, these upperclassmen have really not played in a bowl that mattered, and now we are playing Louisiana TECH in a bowl that has "Walk Ons" in the name.

While I agree they should be playing for pride alone, I can at least UNDERSTAND the lack of interest and motivation.

Advertisement
This team is never motivated. They always think they're Bama and should roll people. Then they end up with a 1 pt win or a loss. Happens most games most years.

Ahh. I'm more motivated to take a dump first thing in the morning than they've been all year. In fact, it's been a heck of alot more entertaining as well.

Advertisement
Coaching has been a major issue. But I still say if you're defending the players, you never played the game. When you sign it becomes your program - your house - your legacy.

When you take the field, your team’s collective effort and execution is what decides the game. If you take plays off like 4th and 17 or don’t cover a fake punt, you aren’t executing.

Players don't take a field to be embarrassed by sub-par teams. Those are teams on the schedule you look to beat the dog **** out of and pad stats; like CANES Teams used to. If A GT happens more than once in a season, you have a huge problem on your hands.

That kind of talk the OP reports from veterans, says everything you need to know. The staff failed at instituting accountability, the Seniors who've been in the program from the start, have no leadership skills (Sad that 1st year Cane, KJ showed more leadership with his play then you saw from the entire D). So, they’re already making excuses for losing.

This is an unprecedented low in Miami Football, the players bear equal responsibility for it. Players play, losers lose.

Should the players be motivated to play any game? Sure!!

However, it’s hard to blame any of the players with this staff leading the charge
You do realize the second half of your statement is just dumb AF right? You’re saying it’s ok to be little soft mental bishes just cause of the staff? It’s this kind of thinking that permeates through the S FL culture that ensures well never return to glory days. You and the people who think like that gives the kids built in excuses for any kind of adversity.

Keep trumpeting dumb *** lines like this and we’ll stay broken as a culture with regards to our team. You and the rest of the nitwits who say **** like this are just dumb.

Coaching has been a major issue. But I still say if you're defending the players, you never played the game. When you sign it becomes your program - your house - your legacy.

When you take the field, your team’s collective effort and execution is what decides the game. If you take plays off like 4th and 17 or don’t cover a fake punt, you aren’t executing.

Players don't take a field to be embarrassed by sub-par teams. Those are teams on the schedule you look to beat the dog **** out of and pad stats; like CANES Teams used to. If A GT happens more than once in a season, you have a huge problem on your hands.

That kind of talk the OP reports from veterans, says everything you need to know. The staff failed at instituting accountability, the Seniors who've been in the program from the start, have no leadership skills (Sad that 1st year Cane, KJ showed more leadership with his play then you saw from the entire D). So, they’re already making excuses for losing.

This is an unprecedented low in Miami Football, the players bear equal responsibility for it. Players play, losers lose.

It’s 100% the coaching. You are so beyond naive. This happens with every SINGLE regime going back to Randy when the term was “country club players”.

The coach’s job is to motivate his players. If he cant do that, he sucks at his job.

Stop blaming the 18-22 year old amateurs when the four million dollar coach is the problem.

Advertisement
Back