No AD? Zo What!?

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
Haven't really heard anything that nixes the Zo situation. He's been lurking around talking to players, bloggers, fans, maybe coaches. He's got the pulse of the program by now.

If we hit a snag with AD, just announce his hire this week, make him interim AD, and he can still clean house for football as he sees fit and sets it up for the next AD?

No need to rush for AD if Zo is already there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't understand why we would hire Zo as AD? If you bring him in then just do the football czar thing. Is Zo going to fundraise? Is he going to oversee basketball and baseball? Is he going to travel to all the meetings and booster? Lot more to an AD them just overseeing football? ZO is a scout and a talent evaluator, he needs to be given a strictly football job we're he can actually help oversee the football team and help out the with scouting evaluation. That's what ZO should be doing, he needs to be interacting with the Community,Recruit's and Coaches. In my opinion I would make him the Football Czar/Recruiting Cordinator, let him watch high school film and search the country for talent

I don't understand why we would hire Zo as AD? If you bring him in then just do the football czar thing. Is Zo going to fundraise? Is he going to oversee basketball and baseball? Is he going to travel to all the meetings and booster? Lot more to an AD them just overseeing football?
I said as interim not long term. If he is the football czar already give him the authority he needs to make some needed changes in that side of the department.

Dude, I've been predicting this fiasco since Blake was not fired back in October. By dragging their feet and procrastinating, the Canes are like the kid who waits until the night before the science fair to get his science project ready. So he ends up with one solo cup full of dirt and another full of dirt with a little weed from his front yard showing the comparison of using water vs. coke when growing plants.

I hope I'm wrong and they hire an AD quickly and get a decent coach this week, but not looking good.

Advertisement
I said as interim not long term. If he is the football czar already give him the authority he needs to make some needed changes in that side of the department.
You won't get a quality AD to agree to that situation. You are basically telling him/her that they are married to that coach for at least 3 years.

Dude, I've been predicting this fiasco since Blake was not fired back in October. By dragging their feet and procrastinating, the Canes are like the kid who waits until the night before the science fair to get his science project ready. So he ends up with one solo cup full of dirt and another full of dirt with a little weed from his front yard showing the comparison of using water vs. coke when growing plants.

I hope I'm wrong and they hire an AD quickly and get a decent coach this week, but not looking good.
It's only been 2 weeks

You won't get a quality AD to agree to that situation. You are basically telling him/her that they are married to that coach for at least 3 years.
Coaches can still be hired in January. Recruiting is a waste right now. Next coach can hit the portal.

Advertisement
I agree w Zoe, this is not a school whose football program can be run like other college programs. Needs to be run like a pro team.

Man, you are quick. I see you changed your tag. In the words of senile Corso....."Not so fast" lol
It’s approaching an epic disaster and we’ve been broken for 20 years so let’s see if the BOT saves the U

You guys are over hyping what Zo’s impact would be here. It would be nice to have him but wouldn’t be a deal breaker.

Advertisement
The longer we do nothing, the more this program looks like a clusterf^ck. At some point the whole “waiting for x, to do y” doesn’t work if we keep waiting and letting the minority create a raucous.

It’s approaching an epic disaster and we’ve been broken for 20 years so let’s see if the BOT saves the U
Fog of war... some epic power struggles going on. But he who controls the $pice controls the cane universe.

It's only been 2 weeks
That's kind of my point. Why wait until 2 weeks left in the season to fire your AD when you could have done it 6 weeks ago and had an AD search that didn't have to be rushed and could be as thorough as possible? The new AD could have been in place and coaches could have been in the interviewing process.

Coaches can still be hired in January. Recruiting is a waste right now. Next coach can hit the portal.
Sure, but not likely as qualified as the coaches available in the week or 2 after the season has ended. The coaches with interest will be getting paid before then either by their existing schools or at new gigs.

Advertisement
Back