NKosi Perry Film breakdown vid

Two things. #1 it's crazy to say his arm is way stronger than weldon. #2 no chance in he'll weldon doesn't throw the ball with pop. I'm not even saying I want weldon to start but weldon can definitely make all the throws.

Its all opinions man and u could be right

I understand opinions but this ain't one bruh. I'm simply stating a fact. Cade weldon has a very strong arm. That's all. Not arguing or stating anything bout nkosi. I still say it's Jack's job but we got 3 **** good choices now.

Cade has a slight advantage in that he is bigger and maybe runs better. Where I see Perry has a clear advantage is field vision and decision making as evidence by just 7 Int in 2 years .

Advertisement
Broke, lol. They've had top 5 classes since Jimbob started, including #1 last year. I hate them but the only teams that come close is Alabaga and maybe O$U, fortunately for us, they aren't coached/developed like those two.

Miami had the #21 ranked class according to experts but we had multiple freshman all Americans more than anyone in the country... don't come at me with recruiting rankings. I look at production and how well our players performed

So recruiting rankings don't matter? Of course we had great, underrated players but he was referencing the overall talent of FSU in the ACC. When it comes to OVERALL talent and DEPTH we're not close. Trust me, it pains me to say that but don't be a blind homer.

We're not close but yet we have had leads in the 4th qtr for the last 3 games? And don't look overmatched on the field. Quick sucking up fsu... look they have a clear and distinct talent edge at running back and db but that's it when you compare the two rosters

Can you not read? We are talking about the talent gap. So our starters can hang with them, what about subs? I clearly stated they are not coached/developed to match the rankings but the fact remains they can trot out 4 and 5 stars 3 deep. Don't ever say I'm sucking up to those punks because I hate them with every fiber of my being but facts are facts. Those facts are the reason we lost the last few games, when our guys get tired or hurt, the drop

Just curious, what four or five star backup for FSU help them win the Miami game? We can talk about their backups all day, but none of their backups have help them win any of the Miami games. The only backups who play in big games are the backups on the defensive line. Yes, we may give our backup linebackers one series every half, so our starters can rest, but guys like Perry, Owens and Smith aren't playing a lot of snaps. Miami didn't lose to FSU because of some backups.

They lost because Davin Cook made a play or two, and we missed an extra point.

Advertisement
Miami had the #21 ranked class according to experts but we had multiple freshman all Americans more than anyone in the country... don't come at me with recruiting rankings. I look at production and how well our players performed

So recruiting rankings don't matter? Of course we had great, underrated players but he was referencing the overall talent of FSU in the ACC. When it comes to OVERALL talent and DEPTH we're not close. Trust me, it pains me to say that but don't be a blind homer.

We're not close but yet we have had leads in the 4th qtr for the last 3 games? And don't look overmatched on the field. Quick sucking up fsu... look they have a clear and distinct talent edge at running back and db but that's it when you compare the two rosters

Can you not read? We are talking about the talent gap. So our starters can hang with them, what about subs? I clearly stated they are not coached/developed to match the rankings but the fact remains they can trot out 4 and 5 stars 3 deep. Don't ever say I'm sucking up to those punks because I hate them with every fiber of my being but facts are facts. Those facts are the reason we lost the last few games, when our guys get tired or hurt, the drop

Just curious, what four or five star backup for FSU help them win the Miami game? We can talk about their backups all day, but none of their backups have help them win any of the Miami games. The only backups who play in big games are the backups on the defensive line. Yes, we may give our backup linebackers one series every half, so our starters can rest, but guys like Perry, Owens and Smith aren't playing a lot of snaps. Miami didn't lose to FSU because of some backups.

That was this year, you don't remember the games from at least 13 to 15? Watch again. Recall Gaines, Renfrow, Highsmith, Williams, Rodgers, Wheeler, Gilbert, etc. U guys are so hung up on this year's team with this year's starters. Yes they are equal, not the depth in years past that did cost us the games.

Last edited:

That was this year, you don't remember the games from at least 13 to 15? Watch again. Recall Gaines, Renfrow, Highsmith, Williams, Rodgers, Wheeler, Gilbert, etc. U guys are so hung up on this year's team with this year's starters. Yes they are equal, not the depth in years past that did cost us the games.

He mention the last three years. When Gaines and Highsmith were playing, we were getting blown out. Three years ago, Perryman and Grace were starting at linebacker. That team had 6 guys drafting in the first three rounds. That team had Flowers, Perryman, Johnson, and others on it. We haven't been at a talent disadvantage the last three years.

I've been saying the same thing about Nkosi since i first watched his HL tape. His ability to avoid pressure and navigate the pocket while still keeping his eyes up and through progressions sets him apart.

I've been saying the same thing about Nkosi since i first watched his HL tape. His ability to avoid pressure and navigate the pocket while still keeping his eyes up and through progressions sets him apart.

and thats y i have him above weldon.....that type of stuff makes defenses frustrated and they fold

Advertisement
Close games between rivals should never be used to say how close one program is to another.

Anyhow, thanks for the video.

Why not? Miami beat Florida easily last time we played... While on the other hand:
FSU beats UF easily but struggles to beat us, needs a miracle or huge play to beat us every year.

Because it's not a good measure of overall talent, depth, coaching etc. Rivals generally play above themselves in those game, and an individual game doesn't tell you too much. If we beat fsu this year, it'll tell us the monkey is off our back but that doesn't mean we've got the depth for a playoff run. This team is capable of beating fsu then getting exposed in a bowl game by a legit top 5 team. Or not.

I'm not saying it's not a measure, rather that you can win that game (once in a while) without matching the other team's depth.

Perry looks really good on film.....my only question is....how good can he take a hit? He was about the same weight as Bridgwater at Nike 180lbs .....Looks like he added some bulk since....If he reaches 195 by the time he steps foot on campus...I think he has the ability to push Rosier and Allison for the starting position....This kid is getting alot of hype right now...It's going to be interesting to see it unfold.

Also how many time would we get to Winston and he would get out of the pocket? Even though he would throw an incompletion I would cringe when he escaped

Advertisement
Perry looks really good on film.....my only question is....how good can he take a hit? .
I think that is a valid concern. Especially with our OL.

Another concern I have is that some of those weird passes off his back "wishbone" leg would be way too dangerous to throw at the collegiate level.

But no risk , no reward. The way he can make plays should outnumber the mistakes as long as Richt coaches him up like I think he can.

That's my dude Dwins. Release the tapes slowly, friend.

And bring back the bird. That's your gimmick, cutty. If I don't hear that bird squawking then I don't feel like I'm watching Dwins.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back