N'Kosi Perry and Mark Richt's Offense (long)

Great post with excellent analysis. The thing is Perry already does certain little things (like looking off corners) that you would usually consider a "veteran move." And DMoney's comparison to Teddy Bridgewater is pretty solid -- that is the dude Perry immediately reminded me of when I was watching his highlights over the last two years.

But to me, the play at :43 might be the best of the bunch. He takes a quick step to the side to avoid the rush, keeps his eyes down field, climbs the pocket, and releases a perfect deep pass. That sort of pocket presence has been sorely lacking the last few years.

Not trying to be a smart ***, but you don't look off a corner( a corner is staying with his coverage 95% of the time). I do agree with you as to him keeping his eyes downfield while avoiding rushers. Really shows his pocket awareness and that he trust his receivers to beat their man instead of taking off too fast. He recognizes the playmakers and understands that the facilitator needs to take as few hits as possible. 'll to hear that hes concentrating on getting the weight up and being in camp shape. OP did a great analysis. We all know hes not a completed product, but i love the hype and excitement for this kid to get here and grow under CMR.

Advertisement
Great post with excellent analysis. The thing is Perry already does certain little things (like looking off corners) that you would usually consider a "veteran move." And DMoney's comparison to Teddy Bridgewater is pretty solid -- that is the dude Perry immediately reminded me of when I was watching his highlights over the last two years.

But to me, the play at :43 might be the best of the bunch. He takes a quick step to the side to avoid the rush, keeps his eyes down field, climbs the pocket, and releases a perfect deep pass. That sort of pocket presence has been sorely lacking the last few years.

Not trying to be a smart ***, but you don't look off a corner( a corner is staying with his coverage 95% of the time). I do agree with you as to him keeping his eyes downfield while avoiding rushers. Really shows his pocket awareness and that he trust his receivers to beat their man instead of taking off too fast. He recognizes the playmakers and understands that the facilitator needs to take as few hits as possible. 'll to hear that hes concentrating on getting the weight up and being in camp shape. OP did a great analysis. We all know hes not a completed product, but i love the hype and excitement for this kid to get here and grow under CMR.

No offense taken, and you are right... my brain was thinking safeties but my hands typed corners. My bad.

Perry is on the outside looking in right now.

I'm not whoopercane but what I typed is truth.

Great stuff. Richt has to be feeling pretty good about his options at the QB spot. If this kid is redshirting, it's because one or more of Rosier, Shirreffs and Allison is playing lights-out. Because no JAG QB is keeping Perry off the field.

Bone, why aren't you posting this stuff on Shadow's board?

Perry has great deep ball accuracy and ball placement. Puts in a place where only his WR can make a play or no one does. Really impressive.

Advertisement
Perry has great deep ball accuracy and ball placement. Puts in a place where only his WR can make a play or no one does. Really impressive.

The Bridgewater comparisons are 100%. I love his ability to make quick strikes, to adapt when the pocket breaks down, to read the defense before the play and sell the fakes. He looked off multiple covers in those highlights. And the way he handled the RPO was so much more impressive than what we saw last year.

Perry is a gamer who is going to push the upperclassman the moment he steps on campus. Even if he RSs, imagine how much better the scout team will be run, which will just make our whole team better.

Advertisement
Back