Njoku targeting late June arrival

Barboni

Junior
-6-foot-4, 215-lbs on signing day. Since then, he's grown an inch and weighs 230lbs.

-Claims that he's recently tested at a 4.45 40, and a 40 inch vertical.

-Broke the school record in the 200 with a 22.6-second finish (beating the record by .03 seconds), and he also had a 6-10 high jump over the weekend. "I came close to 7-0 1/2," he said.

-Max bench is 285, max squat is 480, and deadlift's 495.

-Njoku won't be able to report for Summer Session I May 18 because his school doesn't end until June 20. "I arrive June 29th," he said. "I'm all set (academically)."

-Unsure if coaches will try him at tight end or receiver.

-Hasn't gotten the UM playbook yet but that he expects it soon.

https://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1639015

Last edited:
Advertisement
Give him a few months in the weight room and this kid will be a beast: tall, fast, and he can leap. I like. Let's just hope he's got hands.

Impressive, kid is a physical freak. I hope we can redshirt him and get him better at running routes and getting open. But if he has the goods already, lol I say let him get in and help out QB, whoever that will be.

Advertisement
A 22.6 200m at 230lbs is nothing to sneeze at. I'll admit he has freakish testing #s.

I doubt that 4.45 is legit. But I do believe he has that vert. Golden is desperately trying to find a Kelvin Benjamin/Mike Evans of his own. Dont blame him. You cant put a price on a guy who is 6'4 230 with 4.5speed and a 40' vert and has the skills to play WR. Lets get a RS on this guy and see what comes of him.

Advertisement
A 22.6 200m at 230lbs is nothing to sneeze at. I'll admit he has freakish testing #s.

You're correct, that's a very good time @ that size, but that's the school record???? That's not an EXCEPTIONAL time. Surprised when I read that.

If Njoku, Brady, and Langham pan out, we should sure have a plethora (cue Gables) of guys that make our QBs feel comfortable just putting it out there and letting them go get it. Should help around the endzone. Too bad Derrick Griffin couldn't get his chit together.

4.45 with a 40 inch. That's insane. He will need to be at least 250 to be a TE right now. He is a WR in my opinion.

Who says he has to be 250 to play TE, He can be a TE you flex out at 230.

In a perfect world you redshirt Njoku and Herndon and let them both bulk up.

Advertisement
4.45 with a 40 inch. That's insane. He will need to be at least 250 to be a TE right now. He is a WR in my opinion.

Like I said many times, hate to see him get too heavy and lose that exceptional jumping ability. I really expected him to make 7 feet this year. I wonder if the extra weight is holding back.

He could be a flex TE or whatever they call it now. The guy who flexes between WR and TE. Sounds like he could be tremendously versatile. Hope he has all the attributes that really make up a receiver: pattern running, fluidity and body control, hands, ability to make the catch at the right spot, positioning against defender, etc. My recollection of the film is that he had ball skills, not just a track guy.

**** that's some good size and #'s. Whether he runs a 4.45 or a 4.5...who cares. That's a lot of speed on a big guy like that.

Advertisement
**** that's some good size and #'s. Whether he runs a 4.45 or a 4.5...who cares. That's a lot of speed on a big guy like that.
Yup. I was only asking because I wasn't sure how his recorded time broke down, whether it was legit or not. I know never to believe these guys and their asinine claims but he still seems pretty **** athletic.

Impressive! Red shirt him, get him up to 290 and make him a DT! We desperate! Word has it staff hoping Kayaa is the real deal because Olsen isn't. Just saying.

Yup. I was only asking because I wasn't sure how his recorded time broke down, whether it was legit or not. I know never to believe these guys and their asinine claims but he still seems pretty **** athletic.

I hear you man. My comment wasn't directed at you.

Advertisement
Back